What's considered high mid low elo?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

buckyou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
If you are 1200 rated, you are roughly in the top third of players.
soo 195582 play LoL then?

Contralize

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Zhou View Post
1350+ = pro

They played over 300 games to get level 30 and some extra to 1350. Anybody in 1300s probably played every champion and got to know the basics of them. That should be enough experience to be considered an above average player.

Everybody considers themselves a pro anyways, regardless of what rating they are on.
I'm guessing your around 1350? lol

Camera

12-21-2010

<1800 low elo
1800-2000 mid elo
2000+ high elo

Yeah... I just hit 1800 today =)

Zionyx

12-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
If you are 1200 rated, you are roughly in the top third of players.
What if my average is 1380-1470

Squirrelloid

12-21-2010

because of the influx of new players at 1200, many of whom belong much lower, elo hell doesn't really stop until 1250 (at which time it gets less and less likely you'll be paired with an untried player).

This is only a problem because its a team game (so your win-loss performance is going to be dependent on other players performance in game), and because matchmaking doesn't take into consideration ranked 'experience' (trying to match players above a certain threshhold of games, ie 'proven' at their rank, with other similarly proven players over players with likely unstable rankings). In a game like chess, the influx of bad 1200 players doesn't matter, because they just lose and drop to their real elo, and don't drag anyone else down with them.

Now, some will get carried up, and i've seen players in the 1300-1400+ range who didn't deserve to be there. But the higher you go, the less severe their flaws get (its harder to get carried the worse you are), and sometimes their flaws are strategic - ie, they don't understand team composition, so some games they'll be playing the right thing and some games they won't. In the former they'll be fine, but in the latter they'll just ruin the game for the whole team.

Example:
Average game elo ~1380-1400
Players 1+2 pick fiddle and lux. Maybe not great round 1+2 picks, but not awful. (Fiddle ends up jungling)
Player 3 picks vlad (losing pick right there)
Player 4 (me) goes 'we need a tank', picks galio (best unbanned tank remaining, since bans were 4 tanks)
Player 5 picks Anivia (and that seals it, 4 ap heroes ftl)

Players 3 and 5 have no business being at that elo. They don't understand how to build a good team comp. I don't care how good they are in game, they lost the game for the team at champion select.

A related problem is people who play ranked and can't play every role. If you can't play any tank, you shouldn't play ranked. You're a liability to your team. If you can't play a jungler, you shouldn't play ranked. You're a liability to your team. (Generally finding players for other roles isn't a problem, but you should be able to play support, magic nuke, and ranged dps as well). These players might get to a decently high elo, and then fail their team by not being able to fill a needed role. Sometimes you win those games, but I don't need to tell any competent player how hard it is to win without a tank.

(ELO is implemented poorly btw. Currently a team gains or loses the same amount of ELO across all members. A real team ELO system would compare players ELO to opposing team's average ELO, and determine gain or loss individually).

Slowdown

12-21-2010

In solo queue ALL is pur luck!

There is no way to judge any skill of solo ELO.
Lucky streak of 10 good teams = elo 1400+
Unlucky streak of 10 bad teams = elo 1000-

Your personal player skill is just 1/5 of the full team skill.
Overall team skill A > overall team skill B and it doesn't matter that you call yourselve "pro". You will lose for sure.