Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

New Limited Edition Holiday Champion Bundle Now Available!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Itakari

12-26-2010

how about thematic bundles like Ninja bundles containing only ninja champs like Kennen, Akali, etc and each champ with a single skin. You could then make a couple of different bundles, Elemental(Annie, Anivia, Janna, Rammus) Monster Pack( Kog'Maw, Chogath, Mundo, Scion) Femme Fatale( Miss Fortune, Nidalee, Leblanc, Katarina) and so many other possible and if there are skins related to the theme of the bundles you give them away with those. Champions alone arent really interesting to buy since you can get them with ip but if for the same price or a little higher you get the skin it gets interesting

seajaydub

12-27-2010

So every champion (except Akali) that has been nerfed in the last month? You sly dogs.

Buffalo123

12-27-2010

Buffalo123

12-27-2010

these camp are good just skins are beter wooot skins

HeXaG0n

01-15-2011

Quote:
seajaydub:
So every champion (except Akali) that has been nerfed in the last month? You sly dogs.

Pretty much. The choice of champions seems off. People who are willing to pay for champs want the best, somehow Garen, Sona, etc. seem sub par. Anivia, Karthus, Twitch, a rune page, some skins, and an IP boost... that would have got people's attention!

CantiOfDarkFlame

06-20-2011

Please Bring back the holiday bundle permanently. These are all champions that I would love to play with that I wouldn't necessarily pay for individually just to try them, but would certainly buy in a bundle. I was away from the game durring the holiday season for festivities, and deeply regret not knowing it was available until it was too late.
I have the other two bundles and want to expand my repertoire of champions. I feel like if I bought a couple of them directly and hated them, I'd have wasted my cash... but if I buy in bulk, there's much less guilt for a bad choice.

Please consider the likelyhood of sales if it were reinstated.

TouchMyZed

Recruiter

09-09-2014

Quote:
Riot Stashu:
Ahem...

IDIOTS.

Not riot, the morons who are flaming this.

Stop down-voting. And to those who say "why spend riot points on heroes?" Fools. a 6300 IP champ will cost you probably about 40 games. But I'll be nice, and let's just say its 20 games. Which we all know is not true, unless you win exactly 1 game every 22 hours. Now then, let's just say for some reason ALL of these games finished at 25 minutes. Which, though in normal games this isn't uncommon, all of them would surely not be as brief as 25 minutes. 20x25 = 500 minutes, or 8 hours and 20 minutes of your time over the course of 20 days.

THIS OF COURSE IS AN EXTREME UNDER EXAGGERATION. You can play an hour long game and only get about 80 influence points for a loss. Plus, not every win will be the ~250 influence point win of the day. So, factoring this in, The total grind time would probably reach almost 20 hours, on average.

20 hours of your time to get one 6300 hero?
This pack has multiple 6300 heroes, plus several 3150 heroes. So we're talking straight days of grinding.

ORRRRRR you can get a job at minimum wage even. Then, after ONLY 3 HOURS you'll have the necessary $20 to buy this bundle.

Now, which sounds better, 3 hours to unlock these heroes, or 8-20 hours?

The counter argument in that its not "grinding" to get 6300, it's just playing the game, enjoying it, and by consequence EVENTUALLY getting the cost of the hero.

HOWEVER, this will put you behind countless (or countable, as proven, but the point is a very high number) of hours WITHOUT your desired heroes.

So basically, this pack is a huge time saver for even people who have the cheapest paying jobs in the world.

Thank you riot. Keep it up.

**** you

TouchMyZed

Recruiter

09-09-2014

Quote:
Riot Stashu:
Read all the pages please, there were several issues that were brought up, including many that accused riot of overcharging and failing to offer us a effective bundle. Many compared the generosity of this bundle to those of other games and companies, i.e. steam. (Steam is not offering perks for games that are at least partially based on grinding, as riot is, but instead offering prices off entire games, by the way. So people should note the difference.) I sought to prove that this bundle is a kind gift to the community. So chill the **** out.

Enjoy your day flaming moron.

smd

Marace5

Recruiter

09-09-2014

Quote:
Riot Stashu:
Ahem...

IDIOTS.

Not riot, the morons who are flaming this.

Stop down-voting. And to those who say "why spend riot points on heroes?" Fools. a 6300 IP champ will cost you probably about 40 games. But I'll be nice, and let's just say its 20 games. Which we all know is not true, unless you win exactly 1 game every 22 hours. Now then, let's just say for some reason ALL of these games finished at 25 minutes. Which, though in normal games this isn't uncommon, all of them would surely not be as brief as 25 minutes. 20x25 = 500 minutes, or 8 hours and 20 minutes of your time over the course of 20 days.

THIS OF COURSE IS AN EXTREME UNDER EXAGGERATION. You can play an hour long game and only get about 80 influence points for a loss. Plus, not every win will be the ~250 influence point win of the day. So, factoring this in, The total grind time would probably reach almost 20 hours, on average.

20 hours of your time to get one 6300 hero?
This pack has multiple 6300 heroes, plus several 3150 heroes. So we're talking straight days of grinding.

ORRRRRR you can get a job at minimum wage even. Then, after ONLY 3 HOURS you'll have the necessary $20 to buy this bundle.

Now, which sounds better, 3 hours to unlock these heroes, or 8-20 hours?

The counter argument in that its not "grinding" to get 6300, it's just playing the game, enjoying it, and by consequence EVENTUALLY getting the cost of the hero.

HOWEVER, this will put you behind countless (or countable, as proven, but the point is a very high number) of hours WITHOUT your desired heroes.

So basically, this pack is a huge time saver for even people who have the cheapest paying jobs in the world.

Thank you riot. Keep it up.

A rioter calling the playerbase "idiots" and "fools"? Very unprofessional. Kappa

TouchMyZed

Recruiter

09-09-2014

Quote:
Marace5:
A rioter calling the playerbase "idiots" and "fools"? Very unprofessional. Kappa

vouch