Arrow range and circle range

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bLakeXz

12-21-2010

For some skills, e.g. ezreal and olaf's axe throw, when u press the skill, it shows the range in an arrow -------------> instead of a circle range. Is there a way you can change it to the circle range? I ask this because I see other player's videos and they have it set that way, and I feel it's easier to use. Thanks.

Captain Alejo

12-21-2010

Just go to your in game options. I'm pretty sure you can switch from the line targeting mode to the circle mode. If not, the videos you are seeing are of people playing prior to that patch.

Moebiuz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2010

I believe "arrow" target means that it will hit anything on its path. Circle one, wont. its usually a clickable skill.

FaerellG

12-21-2010

The arrow usually also implies a skill shot, while the circle radius is an auto-target.

bLakeXz

12-21-2010

so there isn't a way u can switch? The videos i saw are very recent, like this month

e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ntGZO0HdBE

Mambazo

12-21-2010

None of my skills show arrow ranges anymore, all of ezrael's skills are circle ranged now (for me, maybe its different for others if you can change it in game options) The only skills that aren't circles for me now are cone spells like force pulse or mf's ult. I never changed anything in my game options they just switched one patch from being arrows to circle ranged.

NickPham

12-21-2010

Game Options>More Options>Line Sight

I really hate the arrow. It just throws me off so bad.

FaerellG

12-21-2010

I get a mix. I play Sivir and Shen. I've been trying to learn Anivia too and that was the conclusion I drew.

Sivir:
BB: arrow (skill shot)
On the Hunt: circle/Radius (aura buff)

Shen:
Vorpal blade: circle/radius (single target auto-hit)
Shadow dash: arrow (skill shot)

Anivia:
FlashFrost: arrow (skill shot)
Crystalize: radius + wall silhouette (auto success)
Frostbite: radius (single target auto-hit)
Glacial Storm: external radius (aoe effect)

So from what I can tell, all skill shots have the arrow, all auto hits use the self centered radius, and all AoEs use a silhouette of the area affected.

Chazer

12-21-2010

Like NickPham said, you can revert it back so that all skills use the circle targeting instead of the mix.

Captain Alejo

12-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bLakeXz View Post
so there isn't a way u can switch? The videos i saw are very recent, like this month

e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ntGZO0HdBE
Way to read the FIRST reply.