Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sion build - help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

krsShin

12-21-2010

Hi everyone, I want to ask you all about hybrid build for him, coz i played AP and its fun to nuke, but still I want take something for AD and don't go as pure AD : P

Thx for help

DrDragun

12-21-2010

Two Doran rings into Sheen/Ghostblade is a pretty solid transition. If you want to go deeper AP then get a Zhonya's but your AD will never really take off later. You can always gamble on a fast Mejais also, something like 2 Dorans, Mejais, then Sheen/Ghostblade and all AD (IE and some tanky stuff, maybe Atma). Still reasonably strong midgame, AD takes over lategame. If I got a Mejais I would probably protect it with a GA after 1-2 AD items. For ultra lategame you can pursue the new holy trinity of IE, PD, LW but this build costs a ton of money so you wont have any tank items and kinda blows midgame.

BlackRampage

12-21-2010

My build starts off as AP for its early game burst, then later hybrid into AD to counteract MR stacking, make use of his 100% Lifesteal ultimate, and +65 AD from (E)nrage. However, games often end just as I begin to hybrid.

Boots
Sheen
Zhonya's
Lich Bane
Rageblade/Youmuu's
Infinity Edge

Hybrid Sion was better before the nerf on pots. Tri-pots still works wonder on him though. I also find armor pen runes to be better on him than magic pen.

krsShin

12-21-2010

k, thx for this I hope thats gonna be fun ^^

Bootlick

12-21-2010

Sion's AD scales reasonably well even if you go a pure AP build.

Runes play a HUGE roll too. For AP Sion I run magic pen marks, mana regen per level yellows, AP per lvl blues and either flat health or AP quints depending. Sometimes even movement speed quints (SO FUN).

So I go Mejai's, boots, Zhonya's (MAKES sure you have another magic shield ready when you wake up), Merc's, and then whatever you want. I like going Defense, or Lichbane but BANE costs so much. So Banshee's is fine, by me. GA never liked since the nerf.

I LOVE tele and xhaust because your shield will 1 shot waves from lvl ~8 on.