Give us tenacity!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

QvxSphere

12-21-2010

Okay,

I've been playing LoL for over a year now. My #1 BIGGEST complaint is AFKers. I've lost sooo many games because one player either rage quits or just simply goes AFK. What's the point of Solo Ranked matches if there is no compensation for this occurrence whatsoever? I love this game and I've probably invested over $100 into it but the fact that Riot has no way of rectifying the AFK problem is a HUGE deterrent for me. I understand that you can't just throw in an AI because they would simple feed the other team but a tenacity system would greatly improve the game play IMO. It's really not the hard to figure out, even if the percentage of improvement you give the other players doesn't equal up to having the actual player, IT'S STILL AN IMPROVEMENT! Either or we need some kind of tenacity system for AFKers and we need it now. Otherwise this game is broken.

Amatzikahni

12-21-2010

Just to clarify you mean the Tenacity buff from Wintergrasp in WoW or is this something else? That's actually a better suggestion than I had which is just to increase the passive gold generation of the four teammates.

QvxSphere

12-21-2010

Ya like Wintergrasp in WoW. It just makes sense. Even if it was just a tiny tiny buff, say .01% to stats. IT'S BETTER THAN NOTHING!

Amatzikahni

12-22-2010

This would have to be balanced in its own right. The gold gained from killing someone would have to differ based on tenacity and at the same time it would have to be balanced in case a certain team composition chooses four great champs and has the fifth person purposefully leave for a near-guaranteed win.

An easier solution would be to make leaves/idle time more harsh. Right now, people don't really care about leaves and there's nothing we can do but report them and hope Riot does something. Giving Tenacity has the potential to change the meta game although I'm unsure where it would shift; global ults? Poking comps?

It's nice to see a fresh solution once in a while but, unless I'm missing something, I don't think this is the right solution for this situation.

biggestdingding

12-27-2010

I really, really like this idea.
My suggestion would be to increase all gold gains by 15% per leaver and stats by 10% for each leaver on your team, up to a maximum of 30%. That way you wouldn't have a tryndamere running around that could solo a team.
Either that or if two or more people on your team leave BEFORE the 25 minute mark, the game would not be counted as a loss or win, and be nullified. <-- Excluded in Arranged que, that way people can't just loss-dodge.

Shrimp Tacos

12-28-2010

Make it so people that have dc'd for more than 10 minutes drop their items and the team can pick them up and use/sell them.

Karathrow

01-02-2011

This can easily be gamed. It would just encourage people to leave if things are going bad. I don't think tenacity would work well in LoL coming from a WoW player.

It's balanced around the idea that 30v40 is not equal so they just buff the strength of the 30 til they are equal to 40 players. Well the problem is if you have 1v5 or something like that then they have like 30k hp and do 2k damage a hit and are some unstoppable gibbing machine.

Shinj

01-07-2011

If you get a AFKer and lose you should lose a max of 10 points rather then 15+ but the other team can still gain 15+ so there is no complains

Jawsus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karathrow View Post
This can easily be gamed. It would just encourage people to leave if things are going bad. I don't think tenacity would work well in LoL coming from a WoW player.

It's balanced around the idea that 30v40 is not equal so they just buff the strength of the 30 til they are equal to 40 players. Well the problem is if you have 1v5 or something like that then they have like 30k hp and do 2k damage a hit and are some unstoppable gibbing machine.
Just coming from playing a few bgs in wow i just have to laugh at that. Its just funny because now even squishy clothies have upwards 100k hp. I've been known to crit for 15-20k mangles on my druid.

Idk if you've played the cata content but jesus its like they thought MORE NUMBERS = MORE DEPTH.

DucktickIer

01-13-2011

While a mechanic like this sounds cool in concept in actual gameplay it would be a disaster. Think about how much some characters absolutely wreck with just a little bit of feed? Now think about leaving on purpose to make that guy even stronger.
Another point is that laning would be broken to a pretty ridiculous point. Some lane combos leave people with flashing away with 50 health add tenacity in there and you can count that as a kill easily feeding your team.
Tenacity would have to be such a small buff that you might as well not put it in game. I do realize that having a variable tenacity through the game could be an alternative but you still run into the super carry problem.