Jungling (non-competitive)--why not Smite first?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ebonclaw

12-21-2010

You need to ask yourself these questions:

1. Is my Elo over 1800?
2. Do I have reasonable suspicion that an enemy might be -anywhere- nearby?
3. Am I too scared to just take the risk and see what happens?

I've done a -LOT- of jungling in the 1300-1500 range of Ranked, and though I've been attacked several times in the jungle, depending on my jungle champ and theirs (be especially wary of a Shaco), only once have they run in to steal a buff, usually they attack in between camps, when I'm at my weakest.

Shamanb

12-21-2010

Bad idea...

-It can get the buff stealed,

-If you get ganked you lost it and are hereby screwed as hell to jungle

-NO there is no way to know if some1 won't come for you at golem.. unless you back off from it the second some1 goes mia on map ... but then you're screwed anyway cause you took damage from it and let it regen to full hp AND no smite anymore to do it again.
Only way to be sure is to ward. But even then you're faced with a choice . . . you flee to save your skin ? but then you lost smite for next attempt...

-As some1 mentionned, smite's cooldown is perfect for usual jungling routine, meaning you'll have it up every golem and lizard fights, which is what you want it for, after you take both then you can use it more freely until golem is near back up.

It's simply NOT a good idea. Using smite right off the bat saves you maybe 10 seconds ... that's not even 1 more gold ... Not worth it.

Ekir Atari

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamanb View Post
It's simply NOT a good idea. Using smite right off the bat saves you maybe 10 seconds ... that's not even 1 more gold ... Not worth it.
Yes it is - it's 14 gold. 7 gold per 5 seconds, right? Or am I missing a mechanic?

DoomManufact

12-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Pan View Post
1. If you have to leave, you've wasted smite
2. You base your route around the average time it takes for smite to come up anyway
3. Always smiting at the start is the exact same in terms of time as always smiting at the end
this. End of discussion >.>