Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


The fate of Alistar without Innervating locket

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kalshazzak

Senior Member

12-21-2010

Quote:
Splenetic:
I don't think Shurelya's Reverie is a very good item on a tank, especially one with a heal. The hp5 makes it more expensive than it should be.

I haven't played Alistar, but perhaps you could get a second heart of gold like I do on Shen? The first one builds into an Omen, while the second one is kept unless the game lasts a lot longer than an hour and I run out of inventory space. Two of them provide about as much health/armor as a chain vest plus a giant's belt, while costing about the same. Over the course of the game, each of them can easily earn you 1k gold.


SR is a cheap item which gives many stats Alistar needs which others can look past because they need much more ar/mr than Ali.(these being, in order of importance for Ali, cdr, ms, mreg/5, hp. Also hp regen on someone with a heal just makes them even harder to take out of the lane.) Building SR gives you a gp5 item and nice early game mr which Ali needs bad. A phlio stone and a HoG is better than 2x Hog early game for anyone who needs mana and can make use of SR later on.

Also why give advice for a champ you've never played, while using an example that doesn't include the mana problems Alistar has?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Splenetic

Senior Member

12-21-2010

Quote:
Kalshazzak:
Also why give advice for a champ you've never played, while using an example that doesn't include the mana problems Alistar has?


Sorry about that. I feel like hp5 is overrated/underpowered and have an intense desire to share that with everyone.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mambazo

Senior Member

12-21-2010

alistar's ''heal'' is better thought of as an hp regen aura. any competent build leaves it at level 1 until all other skills are maxed so even calling it a heal is a misnomer. SR is the perfect item for alistar with his long cooldowns and the regenerations it provides synergize with his roar to make him a really formidable lane presence, plus the speed boost is ungodly for getting him into position for his pulverize and headbutt.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mok

Senior Member

12-21-2010

Quote:
Mambazo:
alistar's ''heal'' is better thought of as an hp regen aura. any competent build leaves it at level 1 until all other skills are maxed so even calling it a heal is a misnomer. SR is the perfect item for alistar with his long cooldowns and the regenerations it provides synergize with his roar to make him a really formidable lane presence, plus the speed boost is ungodly for getting him into position for his pulverize and headbutt.


I've always thought that SR is useless and always will be useless.

Frozen heart + spirit Visage is already 30% cdr
that's what's more important on him. movement speed you can do with out.
if you're not dying anytime soon then there is no reason why you need to get anywhere anytime soon.

stick with your team and bait the enemy. that's how alistar works.
at end game you should have 10 second pulverize and 8 second headbutt.
as well as 8 sec heal with 30% cdr.
this doesn't include masteries/runes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoransTroll

Senior Member

12-22-2010

Quote:
Splenetic:
I don't think Shurelya's Reverie is a very good item on a tank, especially one with a heal. The hp5 makes it more expensive than it should be.

I haven't played Alistar, but perhaps you could get a second heart of gold like I do on Shen? The first one builds into an Omen, while the second one is kept unless the game lasts a lot longer than an hour and I run out of inventory space. Two of them provide about as much health/armor as a chain vest plus a giant's belt, while costing about the same. Over the course of the game, each of them can easily earn you 1k gold.


Shurleya is excelent because it allows you to spam Pulverize early (as Philo Stone). Alistar has really high base HP, so he can go for a while without getting extra HP/AR. In ideal case, people have even tanked entire games with him (I know I did) using only well-timed Unbreakable Will.
Late game, the mini sprint allows you to forego the mobility spell that you'd otherwise need. As such, I can grab Smite (and lord knows that thing is awesome for Alistar--extra cash = earlier GP5 items = richness beyond wildest dreams!)

I used to amass HoG too, but I come to like this better.

Quote:
blubbernaught:
movement speed you can do with out.

It works fairly well against a buncha melees, or if you have good assassins on your team. You do need some speed in order to engage effectively though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Philature

Member

12-22-2010

Quote:
Lichbane is the greatest AP allistar item.


I also tried Lichbane too and yep, it also great for AP alistar. I just prefer the Grasp for the CDR. I found Sheen goes a long way if you want to play a supportive role to maintain your damage output.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hydrogencar

Senior Member

12-22-2010

Warmogs, shurelya's revelrie, Force of nature, Lichbane + AP elixirs.

Increased movement speed thorugh lichbane AND force of nature AND shrelya's reverie (active!) this means you outrun others and land your fraeking stun.

Don't wanna see any "omgQQalistairisbroken" topics anymore.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wisewind

Senior Member

12-23-2010

Getting Philo Stone and Heart of Gold early give him much needed gold (also if you have gold quints) that offset his farming problems. Also both build into useful items for alistar Shurelia's Reverie and Randuin's Omen.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PoohBear26

Senior Member

12-23-2010

Innervating Locket isnt a tank item, so he shouldn't feel less tanky than before.

Try Glacial Shroud, Spirit Visage, or Aeigs. CDR, mitigation and a nice aura. Everything he needs


12