The fate of Alistar without Innervating locket

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fatalistica

12-20-2010

Calling out Alistar lovers/users/exploiters/pr0s and whatsoever.

As you can see, eversince the recent patch I came to find myself in deep trouble when it comes to building Alistar. Usually, I'd rush Innervating locket to be very dominant in lane with spamming heal. But, now that the item is no longer available, I find epic confusion in how to build Alistar.

I tried this one :http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...-alistar-14581
Oh boy! sure it's fun, kudos to the author. But late game, nah..
I'm easily outmatched even by the first two mutual items I got (RoA and Rylai's Scepter) with a bot ryze (LOL). He can't do epic damage even late game with all the core AP stuff.

I tried building him tank (again) without innervating locket, but it's much harder :\
It takes a while for him to get to that level where he's so TOUGH.
and due to the fact that Alistar is easily outfarmed by your other lanemates he can only depend on this slacky farming and plethora of assists. Or by killing by pulverizing, and pushing the opponent to the turret. GG

Anybody have any suggestions?

Kalshazzak

12-20-2010

shurleya's reverie is nice, and the g/5 you get from philo stone helps alot.

I like building SR/boots of mob/aegis/spirit shroud/omen/starks. The regen I get from this is similar to how locket was, while giving you the stuff you need to do your job. Although, mreg/5 are must have with locket gone.

SR and boots 5 give you enough of a burst to get into flash range. So you can free up a sum spell slot because ghost is somewhat unnecessary/overkill.

Loliwag

12-20-2010

I build mostly tanky Alistar. I usually buy Sapphire Crystal first. Work that into a Sheen. Makes your early and mid game damage more than respectable. Boots are situational. I actually take mobility because I like being fast, but Ninja Tabs or Merc Treads work great too, I'm sure. Either way, I typically go for Force of Nature next as MR is almost never a waste, and movement speed and health regen is cool. After that I build Glacial Shroud for the CD, Mana, and armor. Between that and Sheen, you shouldn't have many mana problems.

Of course, the standard disclaimer applies. All builds should be tailored to your team comp and enemy team comp, etc.,etc.

TasteTheLuminous

12-20-2010

try banshee's veil instead , or shurelya's revelrie .

DoransTroll

12-20-2010

I'm running GP5 quints with Shurleya's/Randuin's for double GP5 (both incidentally very nice tank items).

But I'm going to give jungling a try tonight and see how that works.

atsmith893

12-21-2010

You can improve alistars farming by giving priority to Q... It's not the best farming tool in the game, but it makes a noticable difference.

Philature

12-21-2010

I have to say that the AP Alistar you mention try to get too much AP, late game you need to invest back in some defensive equipment. Also he doesn't really go for any serious CDR item, a huge problem for Alistar for amply benefit from them. Try my homebrew AP Alistar instead, you'll see that Deathfire Grasp is the best AP item for Alistar since it; give AP, give CDR and give Manar Regeneration.

Alistar, The Minotaur Shaman:Role : Tank, Pusher, Tough, Melee, Stun
Build Description: The goal of this build is to transform Alistar to a damage dealer without reducing his tanking capacity too much. The build focus on high ability power, direct damage item and an offensive spell selection but still maintain a defensive mastery selection.
Abilities: Pulverize is your bread and butter ability and should be prioritize first, and then pick up Triumphant Roar for extra health regeneration early on. Keep on going with Pulverize first and Headbutt second. I found it pretty important to put a second in Triumphant Roar at level 8 before moving to additional level of Headbutt since it nicely smooth out your health regeneration. In term of usage, try to move in and use Pulverize First and then manoeuvre to use your Headbutt to knock back the opponent toward a tower or a close by wall.
• Pulverize (1)
• Triumphant Roar(1)
• Pulverize (2)
• Headbutt (1)
• Pulverize (3)
• Unbreakable Will (1)
• Pulverize (4)
• Triumphant Roar (2)
• Pulverize (5)
• Headbutt (2)
• Unbreakable Will (2)
• Headbutt (3)
• Headbutt (4)
• Headbutt (5)
• Triumphant Roar (3)
Then put the rest in Triumphant Roar and get Unbreakable Will at level 16.
Spell: To make Alistar a damage dealer require the use of Ignite for some extra punch. Your second spell should go toward broadening your movement option since Alistar is slow, either pick Teleport or Ghost.
• Ignite, a must if you want to make Alistar a damage dealer.
• Teleport is great to back in the action and avoid running around
• Ghost is great for running away long distance.
Lane Mix: Ignite + Teleport
Escape Mix : Ignite + Ghost
Mastery: Defence should be your main mastery with one point in utility for your spell focus (ghost or teleport) and the rest in offensive mastery.
Rune: Mark should focus on magic penetration since two of your ability deal magic damage, Seal should focus on mana regeneration and Glyphs should focus on ability power. Quintessence focus also on ability power to give you maximum bang for your ability.
Item: At start up, grab the Maki Pendant for extra mana regeneration and take 2 healing potions to compensate for your lower regeneration in the early game. Your next move is to get Boots of Speed and then move on to build your Death Fire Grasp, start with Kage’s Lucky Pick then the Codex and finish with the Grasp. The Death Fire Grasp is an essential and key part of the build, you’ll deal a lot of damage since it a direct magic attack that stack very well with your two main ability and Ignite for a very efficient spike damage. Then get your boots of mobility and one defensive item depending on the situation: if you face melee fighter take the Warden Mail, Mage the QuickSilver Sash and balanced team select the Aegis of Shielding. You also see at that point if you have issue escaping the enemy, if so the QuickSilver Sash and Warden Mail combo should be a priority. If the game is getting in overtime go get a Void Staff to maximize your magic damage potential or re-invest in additional defensive item.
Early Games
• Maki Pendant + 2 Healing Potions
• Boots of Speed
• Kage’s Lucky Pick
• Upgrade to Fiendish Codex
Mid Games
• Upgrade to Death Fire Grasp
• Upgrade to Boots of Mobility
Late Games
• QuickSilver Sash + Warden Mail or Aegis of Shielding
• Void Staff

Shavebeard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2010

alistar is outright op, riot would say, because he has a heal and dominates early game SO MUCH, just like soraka

if anything he needs some more nerf on that heal and on soraka too, those op early game heals

Splenetic

12-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoransTroll View Post
I'm running GP5 quints with Shurleya's/Randuin's for double GP5 (both incidentally very nice tank items).

But I'm going to give jungling a try tonight and see how that works.
I don't think Shurelya's Reverie is a very good item on a tank, especially one with a heal. The hp5 makes it more expensive than it should be.

I haven't played Alistar, but perhaps you could get a second heart of gold like I do on Shen? The first one builds into an Omen, while the second one is kept unless the game lasts a lot longer than an hour and I run out of inventory space. Two of them provide about as much health/armor as a chain vest plus a giant's belt, while costing about the same. Over the course of the game, each of them can easily earn you 1k gold.

Alex Pan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-21-2010

Lichbane is the greatest AP allistar item.