Alistar: Headbut + Slam combo

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GaryGoose

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2009

Just played a game with an Alistar who destroyed our whole team. I don't personally play him so I'm not sure how he pulled it off, but he would time headbut and stun so that the player wouldn't get knocked back. He'd generally tower dive, charge in with headbut then immediately hit slam. The result is that your character jumps off the map, then about two seconds later you re-appear right where he slammed you stunned. He was doing ~700 damage per combo around level 8. He would throw in his ult at the end and make him nearly unstoppable with tower dives once he hit level 6. Combined with a soulstealer he was soon invincible.

Is this working as intended?

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2009

it's a bug, i've reported it, no riot staff has responded.

HulkingBrute

12-27-2009

Alistar using his moves?

ban the ****er

Xetal

12-27-2009

Quote:
Alistar using his moves?

ban the ****er
More proof that they don't teach basic reading comprehension in our schools anymore.

=(

Crazed

12-27-2009

If Alistar can die mid headbutt i think he should be able to slam mid headbutt as well. After that its a coding preference/issue with where the game determines they land, which I doubt affects the game's outcome very much.

zgeer

The Council

12-27-2009

This has been known by Riot for quite a long time now and they have made no mention of changing it. I personally feel it isn't an issue, seeing as how if they mess up the timing they waste a pulverize cooldown and possibly push you away from danger.

Noobke

12-27-2009

I play Alistar all the time and I think the only bug is that the enemy temporarily disappears. I also thought it was a lag issue, since my pulverize always misses when I'm near the enemy unless if i do headbutt first.

Commodore Frank

Adjudicator

12-27-2009

It's a risky move. Takes a bit to learn the timing. If you do this, you can't headbutt an opponent back to your team anymore, and if you can pull it off, it takes a bit of reliance on Flash off of Allistar. I don't really see it as an issue. It's more of a tradeoff than anything.

vVv Tr4nce

12-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgeer View Post
This has been known by Riot for quite a long time now and they have made no mention of changing it. I personally feel it isn't an issue, seeing as how if they mess up the timing they waste a pulverize cooldown and possibly push you away from danger.
Yeah I don't see it as an issue because of that ^.

panguss

12-27-2009

ORLY? dude if it does that much damage then buy yourself some magic resist and last whisper to get through his mass of armor