Olaf Builds.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Burkill

12-20-2010

I've recently brought Olaf and my last game I got 16-2-8. I like him but I don't know a good DPS build for him. What items should I get and in what order?

Thanks.

Mambazo

12-20-2010

Is your heart set on dps build? I find building him tanky is waaaaaay more effective, he still pours out damage.
I don't even play olaf, but I know for **** sure that i'm much more afraid of an olaf built tanky then one that's rocking bloodrazor and bloodthirster

eeri

12-20-2010

I recently started playing olaf as well...tend to die a lot early game (4-5) but then completely destroy the opposite team once I've started in on 3-4 dps items and finished boots.

so far, loving as + lifesteal, and jungling.

Burkill

12-20-2010

Hmm what about A tank build then. If what Mambazo is saying is true?

pwnstylez

12-20-2010

why not both ? starks + atmas + warmogs + FoN or Banshees, i prefer FoN, not in that order though.

throw in merc treads and GA and you've got atleast 150 mr and armour by the end of the match and hit like a truck that won't die. farming is important, try to focus on survivability items first, ruby crystal then boots 1, or vice versa, followed by giant's belt. Max reckless swing first, then vicious strikes with 1 point in undertow. try it.

shrewz

12-21-2010

Olaf is one of my mains. I've tested many builds and the one that seems the most effective is this:

Cloth Armor + 5HP Pots
Boots
Madred's
Phage Mallet
Finish Bloodrazor
(Upgrade Boots chance 1 -Zerkers if they lack CC, Merc Treads if don't)
Finish Frozen Heart
(Upgrade Boots chance 2)

At this point, I diverge into two trees

-Team is Winning or within even-
Atma's
Banshee's Veil (AP Heavy Oppenent) or Radiun's Omen (AD Heavy Opponent)
Force of Nature

-Team is losing or behind in map control-
Banshee's Veil (AP Heavy Oppenent) or Radiun's Omen (AD Heavy Opponent)
Force of Nature
Atma's

With this build, you should be sporting 300+ AD and nearly 4k HP, not to mention the damage you will inflict with Madred's and the slow you will have to run people down with a quick Omen's.

Carados

12-21-2010

Olaf is easy to find good builds for, just ignore anything that says Frozen Mallet or Phage. Considering you want to be leveling up his Q second, you don't need it. It's like building a Frozen Mallet/Phage on Ashe or Xin Zhao.

DrDragun

12-21-2010

Randuins, Ghostblade are delicious midgame items. The key is cooldown reduction for spamming E while keeping yourself tanky and mobile.

After that hitpoints and Atma's. You can get your hitpoints from Mallet (most popular), Sunfire, even Warmogs (if you don't mind being heckled).