Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A wierd outleveling strategy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ekir Atari

12-21-2010

Quote:
KYNB23:
this works well dont overlook it 20% extra xp gain is really op.

Kill 5 minions, get one free!

Given that on average, I'm killing 150+ minions in a game, I can use 30 extra minion kills to pad my levels!

Looking at it another way... each wave of minions that you defeat has 1.2 "extra" minions that are automatically added to your XP total (not counting the siege minions - I'm not sure exactly how often they spawn). This adds up if you can survive not having to crutch off of survivability Quints.

Estral

12-21-2010

Quote:
lmaonade200:
gangplank has a minion denial skill (he kills an ally minion, essentially denying the enemy champs the exp from that minion)

/offtopic
someone should do some calculations as to what minions should he deny in which waves so he can getting the maximum denial in his lane xD

Start at base, deny first 2 melee minions.
From then on, deny only melee minions, with the highest priority on siege units.

It's that simple.

Ekir Atari

12-21-2010

Quote:
Estral:
Start at base, deny first 2 melee minions.
From then on, deny only melee minions, with the highest priority on siege units.

It's that simple.

This makes me want to play GP.

Tiger130

12-21-2010

Quote:
Alex Pan:
It's a bit of a tryhard strategy.

Im not trying to be a tryhard, i just though this could be fun in game to annoy the other team. And the level advantage would help a lot in team fights harrasing, but how effective would this whole strategy be? I dont know and thats why i made a forum topic online

Ekir Atari

12-21-2010

Quote:
Tiger130:
Im not trying to be a tryhard, i just though this could be fun in game to annoy the other team. And the level advantage would help a lot in team fights harrasing, but how effective would this whole strategy be? I dont know and thats why i made a forum topic online

Personally, I think if your whole team got +XP quints and had a Zilean on your team, you'd win much more often than you lost, assuming you don't constantly have new/dumb players on your team.

Alex Pan

12-21-2010

Quote:
Tiger130:

The tryhard element is that it's a gimmick. Yes, you get quite an advantage on them early - mid game, and that advantage may very well carry into late game.

The gimmicky part is that you're relying on the enemy team being stupid enough to continue charging into you face forward while being outlevelled. As the levels progress, you need more experience to level up, and so the differences begin to become less noticable, maybe a level, or not even - level 18 being the final balance. The only way to keep up levels on them is if they continually fight you at lower levels and let you repeatedly kill them.

You'll likely play this in a premade if you were to do it, and the premades you face would likely be smart enough to play defensively and farm, and not allow you to use your huge level advantage.