Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A wierd outleveling strategy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alex Pan

12-21-2010

Quote:
lmaonade200:
gangplank has a minion denial skill (he kills an ally minion, essentially denying the enemy champs the exp from that minion)

/offtopic
someone should do some calculations as to what minions should he deny in which waves so he can getting the maximum denial in his lane xD

Or, if you already knew which minions gave the most xp - Cannon minions > Melee minions > Caster minions

Ekir Atari

12-21-2010

I run XP quints with everyone, just for this reason alone. I *love* seeing a Zilean on my team. This game is, at it's core, a level-up race. The goal is to destroy the nexus, but it is easily accomplished by out leveling your opponenets.

Deny them XP by chasing them away from your minions, make them go back and heal, don't team-fight unless you have to (XP gained is split amongst those present), use a jungler so you have another solo lane. These are all things you can do to increase your XP gain over your opponents in addition to the raw numbers advantage.

DrDragun

12-21-2010

An amazing way to deny the enemy XP is to send them to the fountain with a strong harasser

Nickicksu

12-21-2010

Quote:
DrDragun:
An amazing way to deny the enemy XP is to send them to the fountain with a strong harasser

an amazing way to deny the enemy xp is not to do what everybody just said, just stick to the normal game plan and KILL THEM

ForeverLaxx

12-21-2010

Quote:
Alex Pan:
tryhard strategy

Not going to comment too much on the thread at hand, but why in the world did "tryhard" become some kind of insult? Don't you WANT people that try to win in any way possible assuming their plans mesh with yours?

I just don't get it.

As to the thread itself, you'd probably have to give up too much to get a level advantage large enough, early enough, to matter. It sounds nice, but I see this as the biggest detraction.

Eppa

12-21-2010

Quote:
ForeverLaxx:
Not going to comment too much on the thread at hand, but why in the world did "tryhard" become some kind of insult? Don't you WANT people that try to win in any way possible assuming their plans mesh with yours?

I just don't get it.

As to the thread itself, you'd probably have to give up too much to get a level advantage large enough, early enough, to matter. It sounds nice, but I see this as the biggest detraction.

Trying to win=bad player.

Isn't it obvious...

AGucciCow

12-21-2010

Quote:
Dark APB:
sounds good, super xp gain/ minion denial/ crazy harassment= more minion denial?
expect shouts of OP and OMGWTFBBQ FAPFAPSPLOOGE

this

TasLoL

12-21-2010

this would be a great strategy 2v2.

But in 5v5, a better strategy is just to have a good mid/jungler come and gank your lane.
/endthread

Ekir Atari

12-21-2010

Quote:
TasLoL:
this would be a great strategy 2v2.

But in 5v5, a better strategy is just to have a good mid/jungler come and gank your lane.
/endthread

I don't see these strategies as mutually exclusive... why not both?

KYNB23

12-21-2010

this works well dont overlook it 20% extra xp gain is really op.