Nasus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeero

04-14-2010

As tank Nassus you can easily kill almost any other champion even two other champions, as long as your ult is up. Saying that tank Nassus can't do damage is just ignorant. He is probably one of the highest damage 'tanks' available in the game currently in fact.

Rodan

04-14-2010

But to tank and get damage from ult he must be in teh center of the fight. A stun or a snare wont give him to do that. Every normal player will ignore Nasus and slice other people, because a tank Nassus doesn't have that amount of damage to draw attention . There are much better tanks like Rammus, Malph, Alister or even Singed. Only his epic slow helps him to be usefull

BamSucka

04-14-2010

Dreaded 47 - I think everyone here has tried the DPS build at one point or another (especially since a many of posters here have played 75+ games with Nasus). In the end many find the tank/dps hybrid format more effective.

I dont think it was implied that he was a straight tank, but more off an off/secondary tank with nice burst damage and aoe dmg ult.

I don't really care about how many kills I have (although it is not uncommon for me to have the most kills by the end of the game), I care about how much impact I have on the game. With the Aegis+Triforce+Tanky item build you have a pretty big impact in team fights. You are the carry killer (wither + SS), Aura giver and your AOE DoT hurts. Definitely a big threat after the initiation from true tank.

I can also hold my own on a 1v1, but why are we focusing on that again?

Not sure where you get the low damage output from because SS puts the hurt on.

Personally, I don't think I've ever lost a mirror match and usually end up laughing when a Nasus spams spirit fire and thinks it is doing something to a hero.

BamSucka

04-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodan View Post
But to tank and get damage from ult he must be in teh center of the fight. A stun or a snare wont give him to do that. Every normal player will ignore Nasus and slice other people, because a tank Nassus doesn't have that amount of damage to draw attention . There are much better tanks like Rammus, Malph, Alister or even Singed. Only his epic slow helps him to be usefull
Where are you guys getting the notion that he doesn't do damage?

Also with the stun or snare comment, if they waste a stun or snare on you during a teamfight...it will usually be while you are in the center...and your ult will still be doing damage. Even if outside the fight...if they waste their stuns/snare on you then you've already done your part of the job as an off tank.

YellowSnowsicle

04-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodan View Post
]

This is stupid. Nasus' ult does a % of their hp per second. How is this not doing damage?

relkin

04-14-2010

OMG i think everyone who has posted here is a bad player because you dont exactly what i do on Nasus. I am right because I just am so poo on you!!!

Seriously though, people are saying Nasus doesnt do damage? Well maybe your not building siphon enough, i play tankish nasus and usually 25 minutes in i'm at plus 200 on siphon. I dont know about the whole siphon doesnt crit machanics but when i get the little red crit next to my attack i'm hitting champions for 800+. Your damage on Nasus is completely based on how much you farm up siphon.

roninsm

04-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaded 47 View Post
its actually quite easy. 1 spirit fire on the floor, than last hit every minion in it with SS. Tower pushing is a joke. and with DPS you hurt, especially when in ulti form, so whoever said before DPS is a waste was wrong. and im played the "each person plays each champ differently" card because its impossible to convince stubborn arrogant people that they are wrong, especially when they have never tried anything other than their own build. I, for one have tried tank nasus, and i couldn't kill another enemy champ without a teammate to help me, it was sad, meanwhile with my build i can own pretty much any champ in a 1v1 to a 2v1, despite their CC. Tank Nasus is just a meatshield, and when people see he's a tank, they just ignore him. Nasus has no taunt to get enemies to attack him, and as a tank he has low damage output, so hes basically just a standing brick, capable of doing nothing, but looking pretty.

A half decent team won't let you hang out in melee range to farm like that. Try laning against a tristana or a TF and doing that. You get destroyed.

Nasus hurts without going dps, but if you go DPS, you will die to a second or two of focused fire. With tank, you can soak an entire team's damage for 5-6 seconds, and still dish out good damage yourself.

roninsm

04-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by relkin View Post
OMG i think everyone who has posted here is a bad player because you dont exactly what i do on Nasus. I am right because I just am so poo on you!!!

Seriously though, people are saying Nasus doesnt do damage? Well maybe your not building siphon enough, i play tankish nasus and usually 25 minutes in i'm at plus 200 on siphon. I dont know about the whole siphon doesnt crit machanics but when i get the little red crit next to my attack i'm hitting champions for 800+. Your damage on Nasus is completely based on how much you farm up siphon.
No, it's not. Your damage on Nasus is completely based on the fact that your press your R key.

Rodan

04-14-2010

well never played nassus besides pract, but hey! Malph is the best initiator, Alister can heal and stun/knock, Singed is ridiculously fast and can toss people, Amumu has en epic snare and AOE % hp eating spell, Cho is even harder to kill coz silence\slow and epic hp. Nassus - good move\as slow, good farming spell, decent mele nuke and a god ult. But really, he is terrible early game, has horrible armor rate for a tank, has a good amount of hp only full tanked build and ult. I just never saw a single good Nassus in low\mid ELO - that all sucked more or less. So forgive me, i don't say he is lame, its just my opinion

The Mid God

04-14-2010

get FUL ATTACK SPEED AND U WILL BE GODLY I GOT 40/0/4 WITH NASUS