Nasus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RHINO Mk II

04-13-2010

It depresses me that people want to stack HoG on a good farmer like Nasus. You should be getting enough gold, if you really want health and armor get Sunfires.

cookiesplease

04-13-2010

hmmmm, the key for nasus is farming. item wise hes good with most things since hes versitile in that way. few early games i've played with nasus and never got SF below lvl 9. this gimps nasus badly as he will get targetted and denied any attempt to try and last hit for gold or siphon.

i usually build him as tank/dps. materies mostly in utility/defence and runes in AS; yes AS!

items i generally stack hp, armour/resistace and aim for frozen mallet. this is because when you ulti the smart melee will run, the range will dps your face to kill you. this isn't good unless you engage without you ulti and when they are committed, ulti and they won't be able to get away since you can wither one and frozen mallet another.

trinity force is just too goddam expensive so i don't agree being a good item

Toxic Nerve

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolbuttsex View Post
lolwut? I can see DPS working for Nasus every now and then, but to say that the tank build is weak is a fairly ridiculous thing to say.

You do realize that Nasus' AP ratios are absolutely dreadful on both his ult and his spirit fire right? So you're paying 2.8k for increased attack speed, mana regen and cool down reduction, most of which can be had on more useful/cheaper items.

I'd love to play against players that simply let you farm up in your lanes....

I'd also love to see that build work against a team that has semi respectable CC.
dude im not going for the AP, im going for the attack speed and cool down, so i can spam siphoning strike every second, the mana regen helps so i dnt run out when spamming siphoning strike. don't talk till you try the build out and see how it pwns.

oh and how about instead of us all arguing which build is better, we let the kid choose one of ours and try them for 10 games or so. Remember each person plays differently, and you play based on your build. So he can suck with my build and be good with a tank build or vice versa, all depends on the player; however both builds DPS/Tank are Viable, i however see him more of a DPS, with his ulti giving extra dmge/lifesteal/ and a "you're so fcked" thought

roninsm

04-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaded 47 View Post
dude im not going for the AP, im going for the attack speed and cool down, so i can spam siphoning strike every second, the mana regen helps so i dnt run out when spamming siphoning strike. don't talk till you try the build out and see how it pwns.

oh and how about instead of us all arguing which build is better, we let the kid choose one of ours and try them for 10 games or so. Remember each person plays differently, and you play based on your build. So he can suck with my build and be good with a tank build or vice versa, all depends on the player; however both builds DPS/Tank are Viable, i however see him more of a DPS, with his ulti giving extra dmge/lifesteal/ and a "you're so fcked" thought
Run out of mana spamming SS... I loled. If you want CDR on Nasus, the best item is Frozen Heart. Getting attack speed is wasted, since your damage comes from SS and ult, not from normal autoattacks. As long as you're attacking once every 2 seconds, your damage will be pretty much capped.

DayInTheSun

04-14-2010

I find it ironic that you bashed tank builds in your initial post in this thread and now pull the "each person plays each champ differently" card.

I still don't know how you can justify having opposing teams let you farm up 150-200 on Siphoning Strike though. Do you even attempt to push down towers or something? I personally believe it's for the best not to aim for any specific number when it comes to SS and that the extra damage from the last hits are just icing on the cake.

Zeero

04-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyfe View Post
Armor pen red, dodge yellow, mp/5 blue, flat hp quints.
Yup, exactly what I run for Nassus. I've experimented with ArPen red, Dodge Yellow, Cd/lvl blues recently however to some success. You HAVE to get a chalice if you do this though. But if you combine the CD runes and, say a Frozen heart then your ult is literally up EVERY fight, sometimes multiple times during a fight. It is pretty amazing when you can toss SF all over the place.

In fact I have actually enjoyed it quite well and might switch it up a little. Have a very short CD on Wither is amazing with how many carrys there are in games these days. Wither wtfpwns almost all carries to the point of uselessness.

Hyfe

04-14-2010

I find the benefit of going mp/5 runes and being able to skip the chalice outweighs any benefits from CDR runes. Just get the golem buff and if you really want CDR go for frozen heart since its a sweet item on him anyways vs DPS.

Just keep in mind the mp/5 runes make a huge difference. I didn't realize how much until I tried to play Nasus on my smurf acct with no runes and went my usual build (w/out chalice) and couldn't figure out why I was so mana starved. Then I realized and grabbed a chalice asap.

inept

04-14-2010

man that dreaded 47 guy is so bad yet he's not a junior member

my mind is going to explode

Toxic Nerve

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolbuttsex View Post
I find it ironic that you bashed tank builds in your initial post in this thread and now pull the "each person plays each champ differently" card.

I still don't know how you can justify having opposing teams let you farm up 150-200 on Siphoning Strike though. Do you even attempt to push down towers or something? I personally believe it's for the best not to aim for any specific number when it comes to SS and that the extra damage from the last hits are just icing on the cake.
its actually quite easy. 1 spirit fire on the floor, than last hit every minion in it with SS. Tower pushing is a joke. and with DPS you hurt, especially when in ulti form, so whoever said before DPS is a waste was wrong. and im played the "each person plays each champ differently" card because its impossible to convince stubborn arrogant people that they are wrong, especially when they have never tried anything other than their own build. I, for one have tried tank nasus, and i couldn't kill another enemy champ without a teammate to help me, it was sad, meanwhile with my build i can own pretty much any champ in a 1v1 to a 2v1, despite their CC. Tank Nasus is just a meatshield, and when people see he's a tank, they just ignore him. Nasus has no taunt to get enemies to attack him, and as a tank he has low damage output, so hes basically just a standing brick, capable of doing nothing, but looking pretty.

inept

04-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaded 47 View Post
its actually quite easy. 1 spirit fire on the floor, than last hit every minion in it with SS. Tower pushing is a joke. and with DPS you hurt, especially when in ulti form, so whoever said before DPS is a waste was wrong. and im played the "each person plays each champ differently" card because its impossible to convince stubborn arrogant people that they are wrong, especially when they have never tried anything other than their own build. I, for one have tried tank nasus, and i couldn't kill another enemy champ without a teammate to help me, it was sad, meanwhile with my build i can own pretty much any champ in a 1v1 to a 2v1, despite their CC. Tank Nasus is just a meatshield, and when people see he's a tank, they just ignore him. Nasus has no taunt to get enemies to attack him, and as a tank he has low damage output, so hes basically just a standing brick, capable of doing nothing, but looking pretty.

holy **** this guy is bad lol

try reading his first sentence with a straight face

confirmed troll is confirmed, obviously hasnt read his ult's description.