Nasus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eppa

04-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by skystream92 View Post
Nasus is not really an offtank per say, he's just not an initiator. Tank and initiator are not synonymous.

Btw, chalice is not even close to necessary on Nasus. Spec correctly and with t3 mana reg runes you'll be fine.
Tank can be summarized in 2 roles

To keep people back
To initiate.

Nasus being the former.
And Malphite being the later.

You really shouldn't be nasus if you don't have someone to initiate for you.

skystream92

04-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eppa View Post
Tank can be summarized in 2 roles

To keep people back
To initiate.

Nasus being the former.
And Malphite being the later.

You really shouldn't be nasus if you don't have someone to initiate for you.
This post is confusing. Are you agreeing with me or what?

ObjectiveTruth

04-13-2010

I think in general most teams should be comprised of 2 tank/off tanks and 2 ranged DPS/casters and 1 Support. So, having a Nasus fits well into the tank category

Voidgolem

04-13-2010

Nasus is pretty good at drawing fire, considering his ult is a big 'Kill me first' signal to the other team.

Thus moar HP, unless your plan involves dying or your team has ludicrous amounts of CC available.

incisive

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrel View Post
Just need to correct some incorrect info here. Siphoning strike does not benefit from crit at all. Only your AD gets multiplied by crit modifiers. It is much better to get ArP if you are good with Siphoning Strikes. Unless you want to play some silly AD Nasus that doesn't farm up Siphoning Strike. But then you die really fast without some sort of tanking item.
you corrected correct info with incorrect info.

siphon strike can crit.

with sheen, siphon and crit damage all in one strike, i would say it benefits a lot. thanks for being contrary though...

and to correct your incorrect info: you will only die without a tank item if you are bad at playing this game or nasus. with his passive life steal, and his ultimate, he is much much stronger than most of the heroes in this game... why would you then need tank items to survive?

any hero with life steal as a passive implies attack damage/speed. but many people are clueless about item builds in this game, im sure someone would tell me to build a tank sion or warwick or udyr...

inept

04-13-2010

why are junior members so bad at this game?

0rangeSoda

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

04-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by inept View Post
why are junior members so bad at this game?
what is that Junior Member doing and why is he SO FAR below my leve- OH GOD ITS YI!!!1!!111!

Quae

04-13-2010

What about Runes?

Hyfe

04-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quae View Post
What about Runes?
Armor pen red, dodge yellow, mp/5 blue, flat hp quints.

Zrel

04-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by incisive View Post
you corrected correct info with incorrect info.

siphon strike can crit.

with sheen, siphon and crit damage all in one strike, i would say it benefits a lot. thanks for being contrary though...

and to correct your incorrect info: you will only die without a tank item if you are bad at playing this game or nasus. with his passive life steal, and his ultimate, he is much much stronger than most of the heroes in this game... why would you then need tank items to survive?

any hero with life steal as a passive implies attack damage/speed. but many people are clueless about item builds in this game, im sure someone would tell me to build a tank sion or warwick or udyr...
*Sigh* Siphoning strike does not crit. The static bonus damage and the 2 per kill bonus damage does not get multiplied on an attack. Neither does Sheen. Only your base AD and item AD get the benefit of crit. That's all I'll say about that.

And about your point about dieing. It is true that I am a bad player, but lifesteal isn't going to save you from getting bursted down. Running in without any hp item at all is going to spell death for you. You need maybe one tank item, more if you are main tank (which Nasus is sub optimal).