Nasus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

roninsm

Senior Member

04-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashtorath View Post
I don't understand why everyone loves Aegis on Nasus.

Is it for its lane pushing power? (would make more sense to me on sivir/alistar)

Is it for it's general defense? (would make more sense to me to get items specific to the opponent (armor for physical, MR for magic))

Is it because Nasus farms tons of gold and has the extra income to support aura items? By the time 5v5 starts, I'm not sure 12 Armor, 15 MR, 8 AD are even noticeable...

Why?
It's because you can afford to more than anyone else, and every team should have an aegis. The aura isn't as useful as it used to be, but it's still a nice boost in early teamfights, and it does help quite a bit with pushing.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

relkin

Senior Member

04-13-2010

You could take the effort to look me up in game but i'll just do it for you.

Nasus top played character
86 wins and 70 losses <+16>
855 kills
652 deaths
966 assists
Damage taken: 4,107,411
Double kills: 85
Gold earned: 1,615,415
Magic Damage Dealt: 7,931,024
Max Champions killed: 23
Max number of deaths: 12
Minions killed: 23,266
Penta kills: 0
Physical Damage Dealt: 12.396,757
Quadra kills: 0
Time spend dead: 27,153
Total First Blood: 0
Turrets Destroyed: 359

Anyways previous build i posted obviously works.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

roninsm

Senior Member

04-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by relkin View Post
You could take the effort to look me up in game but i'll just do it for you.
None of that info shows if we look you up except the win count.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zrel

Junior Member

04-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by incisive View Post
Nasus was given the title of 'tank' by riot because his ultimate turns him into one; this does not mean that you should buy tank items. Nasus is a killer, a minion melter and a turret destroyer. I won't tell you what items to get, but lets just say: siphon strike applies sheen and crit damage; and siphon strike works on towers.
Just need to correct some incorrect info here. Siphoning strike does not benefit from crit at all. Only your AD gets multiplied by crit modifiers. It is much better to get ArP if you are good with Siphoning Strikes. Unless you want to play some silly AD Nasus that doesn't farm up Siphoning Strike. But then you die really fast without some sort of tanking item.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BamSucka

Senior Member

04-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashtorath View Post
I don't understand why everyone loves Aegis on Nasus.

Is it for its lane pushing power? (would make more sense to me on sivir/alistar)

Is it for it's general defense? (would make more sense to me to get items specific to the opponent (armor for physical, MR for magic))

Is it because Nasus farms tons of gold and has the extra income to support aura items? By the time 5v5 starts, I'm not sure 12 Armor, 15 MR, 8 AD are even noticeable...

Why?
It's cheap and makes you relatively tanky early/mid game. The aura helps mid/late game (although not as much as before, but it is still helpful). Nasus is in the mix during every team fight and can stay alive to make his teammates truly benefit from the aura.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fourth22

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

04-13-2010

Personally I really don't like aegis on nasus, mostly because nasus is an offtank and relys on his items to be an effective tank. The real tank on your team should grab aegis because they often have inventory room for it and are less item dependent for how well they can tank. Aegis just slows down the important items for nasus's survivability and even early doesn't do enough to prevent you from getting bursted down. The only strong point for getting aegis is that nasus is a good farmer, but still chalice and boots first are a must and sheen often as well, putting aegis at around 4.5k into the game which is too little too late.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BamSucka

Senior Member

04-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourth22 View Post
Personally I really don't like aegis on nasus, mostly because nasus is an offtank and relys on his items to be an effective tank. The real tank on your team should grab aegis because they often have inventory room for it and are less item dependent for how well they can tank. Aegis just slows down the important items for nasus's survivability and even early doesn't do enough to prevent you from getting bursted down. The only strong point for getting aegis is that nasus is a good farmer, but still chalice and boots first are a must and sheen often as well, putting aegis at around 4.5k into the game which is too little too late.
Most tanks are not that great of farmers so it would free them up to get something else.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

relkin

Senior Member

04-13-2010

Nasus is offtank which is why aegis is perfect for him... it is really an off tank item. Your tank should be more worried about getting warmogs etc over getting aegis.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeero

Senior Member

04-13-2010

I typically rush Aegis when I play Nassus because I usually am the main tank in our 4-5 man pre-mades that we run. I main tank as Nassus all the time and tend to do really well. I think I'm somewhere around 77 wins 59 losses with Nassus. My K/d Ratio is about even 800/800 or something close to that but my assists are over 1100.

My normal build is rushing Aegis first, then boots, then sheen, then Merc treads, then Stark's Fervor/Banshee's Veil depending on how the game is going and what the opposing team build is. I also almost always have the Red potion on for the HP boost and AD after my first recall.

If the game goes long enough my build looks like:
Aegis
Merc Treads
Stark's Fervor
Trinity Force
Banshee's Veil
Sunfire Cape

I run with enough points in the Utility tree to get the mana regen talents and increased golem buff duration and I run all blue mana regen/lvl/18 runes. With these two things combined I typically do not need the regen from Chalice to keep in my lane and harass and farm well. This allows me to easily rush Aegis and boots without a problem. I farm blue golem whenever possible and the increased buff timer makes a huge difference. I very seldom have mana issues on Nassus and I very rarely run Chalice.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YellowSnowsicle

Senior Member

04-13-2010

Nasus is not really an offtank per say, he's just not an initiator. Tank and initiator are not synonymous.

Btw, chalice is not even close to necessary on Nasus. Spec correctly and with t3 mana reg runes you'll be fine.