Suggestion Announcer sounds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SenuiG

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2009

So i saw a post today that was complaining about the announcer's voice/sound, but then when we saw that complaint we agreed and started to think of a way to make the announcer sound more fitting and unique so my brother proposed that instead of the current voice the announcer should be your champion i.e Annie kills someone then she announces "how do you like my bear tibbers?" and for a double kill she would do one of her evil laughs or something like that.

Now i will discuss some of the pros and cons of this idea.

Pros:

• It would make the game unique in terms of sound.
  • By making it sound like you're taunting your opponent, the experience of LoL will be more fun overall.

Cons:
  • More money spent on voice actors.
  • the game would be more in size due to the sound files.
  • May potentially lag the game with champions dieing left right and center.

So, what do you think? is it good, bad, ok and what other cons or pros are there with this idea?

Mittsies

08-09-2009

I like it, personally; but it should be rare. For instance 9 out of 10 times it says "DOMINATING!" and once in a while it will have a cool catch phrase for killing them -- that way you have the best of both worlds, the unique sounds are more fun because you can't always expect them and they're overall less repetitive.

Ezupio

08-09-2009

Anyway, the announcer voice is a placeholder, but having special unique announcements for champions would be nice =) .

Tuul

08-12-2009

JUDGE JUDY VO all the way!!!!

Derceto

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuul View Post
JUDGE JUDY VO all the way!!!!
I would have to agree that getting Judge Judy to be the announcer would not only make me wet myself in excitement every time i played the game, but it would make me want to share the game with everyone i know. She doesnt even have to say the typical phrases were used to, she can just throw out insults and it'll work great, like her famous "I'm a LOT smarter than you on my worst day!" Manners in games would likely improve too because no one misbehaves for long around judge judy!

Lord Thanatos

08-13-2009

Did anyone notice that the announcer killing spree and other consecutive kill sounds are gone???