Can't seem to get started.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Olympian2012

12-26-2009

THis is like my fourth day playing. and i just cant seem to get any kills in. Most i ahev got is like 9. And they were being real noob so it was easy. but other then that i just level slow and cant seem to get kills in...

I read guide and do what they say n stuff- but other people just seem to do a lot better. no matter what class im playing .

So any help? and not like really noob help that's already in forums, because most chance i already read it.

Azelf

12-26-2009

As much as I hate it, play Yi.

Unlock him doesnt cost much (450ip, I think) and Yi's guides are too specific you could practically own things even in the first match.

Just remember when you're satisfied, start playing other champions.

Kahryl

12-26-2009

Well 9 kills in one game is very good by my count. Maybe your expectations are too high?

More important than your kills is your kills:death ratio anyway. If you get only 2 kills but no deaths that's better than 9 kills and 12 deaths.

Hell some champions almost never get kills, I went 0-3-22 with Soraka and felt pretty proud.

And the most important thing of all is whether you kill their nexus, or they kill yours.

Daesik

12-26-2009

Don't worry about scoring kills, unless you're buying snowball items or playing the carry it's not necessary to your success getting last hits in. I've had games where I've had K/D's of 10 or higher with over 700 AP and lost. All that matters is if you take down the enemies inhibitor. If at the end of a victory you can say 'I made a good difference to that game, there was no way my team could have won without me' then you're doing fine.

BobiusMaximus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azelf View Post
As much as I hate it, play Yi.

Unlock him doesnt cost much (450ip, I think) and Yi's guides are too specific you could practically own things even in the first match.

Just remember when you're satisfied, start playing other champions.
I agree - I found the guide "Master Yi - The Master of LoL" is brilliant for a beginner. Yi is a simple character to play effectively and once you get him down you can start broadening your horizons.

Olympian2012

12-26-2009

I did YI that where i got 9 kills .. just oen game tho..1 death but they were reallly being noob. lol
and i guess so it just i always see ppl on my team get liek 20 kills lol.. and level so much faster. It justs eems like i cant do that .. lol

but i get it .. wining is more important. and doing ur part in taking down buildings n stuff

Krald

12-26-2009

add me if you like, we can do a tutorial game, you could choose a champ, get in vent and I could show you what items to get, how to play him etc.

bobthegood

12-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krald View Post
add me if you like, we can do a tutorial game, you could choose a champ, get in vent and I could show you what items to get, how to play him etc.
That's super cool of you. I like how the LoL community is so much more friendly and willing to help out newer players. I believe that quality will be what sets us apart from DotA and HoN.

Anywho, if you do plan to start with Yi, either start with a little mana regen and put some early points into meditate or be prepared to be harassed home a lot. Experienced players know how to back and forth to get creep kills and take minimal damage but chances are a few pot shots here and there from an opponent will set you back. Health regen (or for Yi mana regen) is pivitol to a newer players early game.

Olympian2012

12-26-2009

That be great Krald. i added you.
I just need to know *how to battle* cuze i seem i alwasy end up getting killed then kill somone. lol. Or

Krald

12-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympian2012 View Post
That be great Krald. i added you.
I just need to know *how to battle* cuze i seem i alwasy end up getting killed then kill somone. lol. Or
cool yeah I should be on tomorrow night and monday at different times.