Need Help with Kennen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thenightangel05

12-20-2010

Ive been using Phantom Dancers with Kennen for a while, but I cant seem to do anything now, was wondering your thoughts on a build for him.

CrusaderAntonius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2010

I've always build Kennen for AP. Rylais is good on him, since Q is pretty spammable. I generally start with a Doran's Shield and build Rylais after that, mixing in boots 1 and 2 somewhere along the line, depending how the game is going. After that, you can take several directions. Mejais if you're owning, Abyssal or Zhonyas otherwise.

From what I understand, AS Kennen is more for lulz than serious gameplay.

thenightangel05

12-20-2010

Why isnt the DPS build useful with him though?

Carados

12-20-2010

Because you're better off buying items that actually do good damage on him?

Zielmann

12-20-2010

Kennen has 4 abilities that scale with AP. He has just one ability that scales with damage and attack speed. And one ability that anti-scales with attack speed (you can't auto attack while in lightning rush, but you can use other abilities).

AS on Kennen is just sub-par to AP. I'd even rather play Tankennen than AS Kennen.

AntiTcb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zielmann View Post
Kennen has 4 abilities that scale with AP. He has just one ability that scales with damage and attack speed. And one ability that anti-scales with attack speed (you can't auto attack while in lightning rush, but you can use other abilities).

AS on Kennen is just sub-par to AP. I'd even rather play Tankennen than AS Kennen.
AS Kennen is annoyingly fun. Abusing the heck out of his stuns. You can feel the tears of your enemies.

thenightangel05

12-20-2010

I get that hes an ap champ but his ap ratios arent so great that I skip all other options. If I had crit as and my rush, they would never get away from me.

Bumbah

12-21-2010

Hes an AP champ. Period.

Rush Rylais and watch as your lightning rush makes them move in slo-mo. Ult, Surge them, TS them, surge them again. Pentakill.

jokull

12-21-2010

kennens ratios arent amazing because he can spam all day long, he does much better damage as AP than AS or AD, and AS kennen can only chain stun one guy and then do crappy damage in a fight. ap kennen rapes AS kennen

Ziforigin

12-21-2010

Kennen is viable in AS build.
Sometimes i just had no choice but getting as\ad items in solo games.
Usual build includes banshe's veil, malady and bloodrazor.
Here are 2 good things in AS Kennen: 1) u can stun really fast 2) it's quite cheap to stack AS. U can do some easy kill early, just because of stunlock and nice damage boost.

But after 20th minute it's getting harder to kill and in team fights AP build is a lot more usefull. He obviously has 3 aoe skills )