Poppy, advice, tips, build help, and anything else I might need

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Most Morgana NA

12-20-2010

So, I started to use Poppy, and I've been getting better over time and all, but I want to improve more so than I already have. Any tips or items that are a must on AD Poppy? What I tend to go for is Ap ring red pot, boots, sheen, then Phage if I feel like I need the hp, or Black Cleaver, but I'm not exactly sure if this is even a good build idea. I do realize that Black Cleaver isn't the best item, but I like the flat armor reduction per blow.

I'm open to all ideas about Poppy, if you think AP Poppy or Tank Poppy is the way to go, then I'd happily try it out, if you could give me your reasons.

Thanks all!

Sn1cker

12-20-2010

try ad, huge burst dmg ive done some 2ks with her

gnmish

12-20-2010

If you want to build a good AD Poppy, Trinity Force + Boots is always a good solid start (and often end). Each component is very useful in itself and it only costs 300 gold to combine them.

Personally tho, once you get good with AD/TriForce Poppy, its time to take the training wheels off and break out AP Poppy, DFG/Lichbane will let you Ult,Charge,DB anyone in to oblivion.

Dunkelzahn

12-20-2010

Poppy's playstyle revolves around plastering someone as hard as you can during the six seconds of your ult, since outside of your ult, you're like every other melee DPS: extremely vulnerable to CC and capable of being bursted down. Poppy suffers even more from the latter since her magic resist doesn't scale with level. With that in mind, whatever build you go, you want to focus on items that make you hit like a freight train.

AD Poppy: I personally don't like AD Poppy, but it can work in some situations I guess. For AD, you'll want Trinity Force as your core item, then probably an Infinity Edge for the damage and crit chance and a Youmuu's Ghostblade for the movement speed, crit chance, and most importantly the cooldown reduction (more Devastating Blows = more death). For boots, I'd still advocate Sorceror's Shoes even when you're AD, since your main source of damage is Devastating Blow which does mostly magic damage. After Boots/Tri-Force/Infinity Edge/Youmuus (if you farm this well, I salute you), get some defense items so your pretty pigtailed self doesn't explode in every fight. A Banshees Veil will probably be sufficient, so maybe you could put something like a Madreds Bloodrazor in your 6th slot for some IAS and the awesome 4% damage that stacks with D-Blow. Good luck putting together that kind of build every game, though.

AP Poppy: My favorite Poppy build (and the accepted build nearly everywhere), AP Poppy focuses on pure burst damage. The core item for this is a Deathfire Grasp, which, while normally total garbage, is amazing on Poppy since Diplomatic Immunity's damage amp works on everything Poppy uses to deal damage, including Deathfire Grasp, Hextech Gunblade/Bilgewater Cutlass's active and Ignite. After Deathfire Grasp, get an Abyssal Scepter and a Void Staff and then a Banshees Veil so you don't fry. In summary: Sorcerer's Boots/Sheen/Deathfire Grasp/Abyssal Scepter/Void Staff/Banshees Veil. If you have the cash, upgrade your Sheen to a Lichbane.

Tank Poppy: I've only tried this once, but I did see someone in a game use it to decent effect. Not good, but decent. Just your standard tank build, I guess. Poppy's passive really comes to life when you have survivability, and I'd imagine that with magic penetration and cooldown reduction, you'd still be hitting pretty hard with Devastating Blow. I dunno, though.

Which one should you build? I personally roll AP Poppy, all day every day. AD Poppy, however, is less ruled by cooldowns (seeing a Vlad pool your DFG shot is probably the most infuriating thing in this game), but I still say AP Poppy will give the most bang for your IP, and hot **** she's fun to play.

Drunkyone

12-21-2010

Ok i love poopy MAIN FOR LIFE!
Start with BOOTS! 2hp pots 1 mana pot
save for boots of swiftness
Rush a manamune! you need the mana and the end game DPS!
then make a bloodrazor!
make zeals two of them "soloing"
make starks fervor "team fights"
in the end you should have
phantom dancer and trinity out of the both zeals if the game lasts that long.
Poopy is char right out the door that can RAPE!
runes Armer pen MAX
Armer and magic runes
ends up being
13+ armer
13+ magic armer
23+ armer pen
spells
ghost **** Must have ****
ignite/exhaust/teleport *all based on your team!
Skills
1q
2e
3w
4q
5q
6r
7q
8w
9q
10w
11r
12w
13w
14e
15e
16r
17e
18e
with this build lane with a stuner anyone that can stun and does dps!
you are going for frist blood! the frist 2 kills for your team are going to be yours.
Tower drive at 6 with ult!

i like playing poopy as a lowner after frist tower, jungling blue and red and showing up ganks
1v2 *ult/ghost or showing up late to team fights looking for KS or porting toons*
you will not have alot of creep kills but the hero kills will pay the way!+ DRAGON*

Doriantv

12-21-2010

"AD" Poppy is pretty bad, but TriForce Poppy with other tanky items like Frozen Heart and Force of Nature is good.

AP Poppy is the preferred build. Just keep in mind that you are literally the worst farmer in the entire game, and also will always lose the harassment battle in a lane.

Drunkyone

12-21-2010

Rocketball sorry bro ap/tank fail! personaly saying, everyone should fear the poopy. ADD me as a friend and i will show you the power of POpPY!

Mambazo

12-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunkyone View Post
Rocketball sorry bro ap/tank fail! personaly saying, everyone should fear the poopy. ADD me as a friend and i will show you the power of POpPY!
Your build is bad and would never work outside of the level 14 solo queue that you call home, and you articulate yourself poorly.

For shame.

Drunkyone

12-21-2010

SAME GOES FOR YOU MAMBAZO! i will be on at 8pm tonight i will be adding you both