Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nasus lost in the jungle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jinxed1up

12-26-2009

I was wondering if anyone has had any success in jungling with Nasus? It seems like a good idea for the most part , due to the ability to easily predict early game when to use the SS , and since hes natural ability is a life steal means he go longer outside or does the curator of the sands trully get lost in the vast jungle .

MasqureMan

12-26-2009

Quote:
jinxed1up:
I was wondering if anyone has had any success in jungling with Nasus? It seems like a good idea for the most part , due to the ability to easily predict early game when to use the SS , and since hes natural ability is a life steal means he go longer outside or does the curator of the sands trully get lost in the vast jungle .

I have had a successful game jungling as Nasus. I didn't dominate, but I hardly died and got a few kills. I've only tried once, but his skills do benefit his jungling ability quite nicely. So go for it.

Morzas

12-26-2009

It's possible, but I think it's a big waste of his potential. A good jungler needs to be able to gank. Susan doesn't have a strong ganking skill like other junglers (Nunu's Blood Boil + Ice Blast, Yi's Alpha Strike, Jax's Leap Attack, Twitch's Ambush, Warwick and Fiddle's ults, etc.). He has a slow, so you might be able to catch someone off guard if you've got Exhaust or Ghost, but the gank isn't guaranteed like it is with a good Nunu or Twitch.

Also, Susan is absurdly good at farming in lane. Just have someone like Yi (who could use the easy harass-free farming) or Nunu (who's basically better in jungle than he is in lane) do jungle while you throw down your E skill to farm wave after wave of solo lane XP. Susan can easily hold off a duo lane thanks to his easy mode farming.

MasqureMan

12-26-2009

Quote:
Morzas:
It's possible, but I think it's a big waste of his potential. A good jungler needs to be able to gank. Susan doesn't have a strong ganking skill like other junglers (Nunu's Blood Boil + Ice Blast, Yi's Alpha Strike, Jax's Leap Attack, Twitch's Ambush, Warwick and Fiddle's ults, etc.). He has a slow, so you might be able to catch someone off guard if you've got Exhaust or Ghost, but the gank isn't guaranteed like it is with a good Nunu or Twitch.

Also, Susan is absurdly good at farming in lane. Just have someone like Yi (who could use the easy harass-free farming) or Nunu (who's basically better in jungle than he is in lane) do jungle while you throw down your E skill to farm wave after wave of solo lane XP. Susan can easily hold off a duo lane thanks to his easy mode farming.

This is all true, and I assumed OP knew what to expect form a jungling hero. Your style of play is Farm, Gank, Farm, Gank, Farm, Push, Farm, etc. However, you definitely won't be as harrassed unless the enemies are high tier, and it allows for more gold in a shorter period of time once you get it right. Just my opinion.

Susan. icwutudidthar

Synxxx

12-26-2009

You're losing out on a LOT of potential SS damage by jungling, because no matter how fast you are; you aren't going to have a huge fountain of creeps at your feet at all times like you would if you were laning.

RyuuKitten

Recruiter

12-26-2009

Quote:
Synxxx:
You're losing out on a LOT of potential SS damage by jungling, because no matter how fast you are; you aren't going to have a huge fountain of creeps at your feet at all times like you would if you were laning.

This is the big one.

While you can gank someone fairly easily as nasus, it's a lot of wasted damage when you could have just laned and farmed up a bunch of SS last hits.

nataziel

12-27-2009

I find I actually farm my SS up quicker if I jungle, because when I try and do it in lane I get harassed no end if there's any kind of range on the opposing team

StuffedTigga

12-27-2009

gotta stick with the lane one on this one.