The Problem with Leavers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PeachyMann

12-19-2010

Obviously, leaving is a problem, or was a problem. Now AFKs are a problem. Would AFK's still be a problem if nobody knew about the leaver banning system?

Honestly, I think a system to ban leavers is a great idea, but it was a terribly awful idea to tell everyone how it works. That's like getting a great new vault installed in your bank and telling everyone how it works. If you know all the defenses, then it's not that hard to figure out how to get around them.

The current system needs to be repealed immediately and a new system should be put in place, silently, and nobody other than Riot know how it works.

Paero

12-19-2010

You could try reporting the afkers like usual since that gets them banned

PeachyMann

12-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paero View Post
You could try reporting the afkers like usual since that gets them banned
Thanks, I do report them. But afkers are more frustrating than leavers because sometimes they aren't there to surrender, causing a losing game to continue for longer than it needs to.

I am aware that there are still ways to deal with the problem after it has happened, I am suggesting a way to help avoid the issue.

lolangeles

12-19-2010

afk'ers don't get banned. leavers don't get banned. read the forums.

leavers only get a warning after about 25% of their games are leaves. a WARNING

then SUSPENDED if continue to leave games for a day or 2. then they can grief more.

if reported or leavebuster catches them it's just another WARNING and then later SUSPENSION for a couple more days.

after many times of this they may or may not be banned after a Riot person gets around to looking at their history and making a decision.

in the mean time? 9 other people per game x 100 games = 900 people get griefed losing rating. GG. system sucks

i've tested it myself on smurf accounts and I grief every game and feed and nothing happens. HoN has a 5% leave, permanent first time offense ban.

Riot knows they will loose a lot of customers to DotA2 and HoN so they are keeping a high tolerance policy for griefers to keep them as customers to make as much money as they can before they lose the race.

sTicky916

12-19-2010

here is the problem. if we have a strict system, then people get punished for possible accidents with connection or maybe the pool is on fire or something

if we have to system we use now is everybody just afks.

if we put it in the players hand with a voting, it will get abused

pick your poison

SportsLiker69

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2010

Riot should hire an army of inexpensive foreign labor to play specifically to find afkers and other disruptive players.

PeachyMann

12-19-2010

there really isn't any perfect system, but I feel like Riot's decision to go out and tell everyone "Hey we have a new system, you get points for leaving games, if you get enough points we ban you" was poorly made. It has resulted in new issues (the massive increase in AFKers) and overall does not seem to have been a move in the right direction.

Whatever they choose to do, it should be done silently and they can gauge its effectiveness based on the number of complaint threads in the forums or something.

Dirty Foot

12-19-2010

Or Riot could implement a system that allows the team to 4v1 vote a person out of the match and have them replaced.