Where is Riot headed with perm banning? Can Riot clear up some misconceptions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MindlessLegend

12-19-2010

I see people post topics saying they banned for 200 years or so, pretty much perm ban.
So I was wondering how this perm ban system works. What I getting at is will any one be perm banned without a temp ban warning of I don't know 1 month or so?
I know if some one does something very ban as in hacking or threatening some ones life they do not deserve a temp ban, and should be perm banned right away.

Some people are afraid of paying money because of some one reporting them for calling them noob or something or does not have the right attitude Riot wants and gets perma banned. I know a lot of people have bad attitude and need to clean it up, but I think temp banning people will make them rethink there attitude and be better player then perm banning them and having them not come back and playing at all.

Again this is the misconception and I would want to clear it up weather it is false or true to some point.

And no I not posting this because I been banned or temp banned I, I posting this to help people not feel so uneasy about Riot instant perma banning people so they do not have to worry to much and can pay money with knowing they have a legit ban system. This goes for my self as well.

messymike

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2010

permabans happen, just dont pay money its the easy way to avoid any sore feelings

Nomsumer

12-19-2010

Don't pay money and there is no loss to a perma-ban. If you invest don't get banned. Occasional slips are probable and unless you tend a high average of game/report issues you aren't likely to be in big trouble unless you are above and beyond a real ------er and have no clue. Try and be mature and reasonable and for the overall game experience for the majority and you'll be fine I would imagine.

SavageMinnow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2010

Even a really bad offender gets a temp-ban first, unless they were clearly tempting fate. I've had people I reported for blatant, horrible racism disappear for a month or 2 then show up again (watching recent game logs.)

MindlessLegend

12-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by messymike View Post
permabans happen, just dont pay money its the easy way to avoid any sore feelings
This what I talking about, As a business plan you should have your fans a feeling a security that they can learn from there mistakes and not lose everything. Of course as mentioned in OP a very serious offensive as in hacking or threatening some ones life can be an obvious reason.

Squirrel Lord

Recruiter

12-19-2010

These people never tell the full stories in their posts. While they haven't done it in a while, Riot has filled in the blanks in the past, and these people are invariably horribly bad ragers, flamers, leavers, or what have you. My favorite was the guy that raged endlessly at someone he knew was a dev, got banned, then made a thread saying he was banned for playing better than the red. He acted like the underdog and got a lot of support before the devs started posting screenshots and chat logs.

On the flip side, mistakes have been made. People have been banned by mistake, but the people where unbanned after talking to Riot about it. Unless you're violating the rules, they'll listen.

Finally, every permaban is reviewed by multiple people. If someone is permabanned, then they really deserved it.

SportsLiker69

12-19-2010

Are the people who buy RP really acting in such a way that they fear the banhammer? I doubt it for the most part.