Champion Tiers (12-25)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JunkRamen

12-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by holySpork View Post
Its so funny to me to read different people's teir lists and read about them all complaining that so-and-so is OP and stuff like that. Not saying that you're wrong, its just funny to see how different people percieve the game. So many people claim that its broken and for a hilarious number of different reasons.
I think the effect you're talking about is particularly strong in games like this and DOTA, where high level play is extremely different from low and mid level play. You can say the same for most competitive games, but I think the difference is bigger in tourney level LoL than in, say, tourney level SF4.

The Senate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2009

This thread is filled with nothing but opinions.

JunkRamen

12-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemical Poet View Post
Wow, uhm. . . most of "top tier" not even close.
  • Kass. is good early on for harassment and silence, and falls short mid-game.
  • Nunu isn't some overarching threat to those who have played the game more than a week
  • Shaco is known for not pushing lanes well and not having a definitive presence late game, unles fed, like most champions.
  • Mundo is a good harasser, but is a tank who doesn't have many tanking abilities. Not top tier by any stretch.
  • Tryhard is low tier after the patch. The is known too.
  • Jax is rectified with Divine sword, and lacks any reall CC. Easy as that.
  • Alistar IS top tier, bro. Maybe you haven't been playing good Alistar's but he is NOT a bottom feeder right now.
  • Heimer is at least "average" now.
  • Udyr has gotten beefy and isn't low tier anymore.
  • Cho isn't the horror people make him out to be, unless he takes advantage of your team's stupidity. A walking HP ball with some CC isn't Sagat incarnate, but mos def a far cry from anything bad.
Kass is actually one of the weakest early game champions. Null is decent harassment but overall Kassadin's harass is nothing compared to Nunu's or even Kayle or Malph's. Mid game is where he's STRONGEST, where caster scaling is still pretty good and Kassadin has a huge mobility advantage.

Nunu has very strong harassment and his ult is a threat whether or not you've played this game for a long time. The threat of his ult alone can force repositioning, and even a partial hit means the other team was snared for a duration and took a decent amount of damage.

Shaco's mainly good early and mid game. I've read he's really strong in the current meta, but I don't know enough about him to discuss.

I still wouldn't put Trynd anywhere below mid tier. He still has high damage and survivability for a carry, just outshined.

I think Cho is still high tier at least. Some of the best disabling for a tank and a strong laning phase.

[edit]: I assume you were talking about SF4 Sagat? That's ironic considering SF4 Sagat is probably one of the most "balanced" top tiers in the history of fighting games. Look at CvS2 Sagat if you want to see what top tier truly feels like :P

Razzle Dazzle

Adjudicator

12-26-2009

Annie, Malphite, and Corki are all top teir in my opinion. Also I would not put Nunu in top teir. He should be in average

PuppetSoul

12-26-2009

Stopped after I saw Yi being top tier. You're bad. Good day.

Casse

12-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Senate View Post
This thread is filled with nothing but opinions.
And so is your post, everything anyone says about something is an opinion. People invest time into finding out what current imbalances are.

Razzle Dazzle - Nunu is fantastic right now. Corki did just get nurfed pretty hard, I am not sure I'd say he was still up in the top. Annie is also just pretty average.

Casse

12-27-2009

I forgot to mention this before, Anivia is completely Below average.

JunkRamen

12-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casse View Post
I forgot to mention this before, Anivia is completely Below average.
wut

Blinzer

12-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coma White View Post
Nida, in the right hands is maybe the most versatile champ of them. Definately a nomination for above average with a high learning curve.
i second this and add that nidalee is most likely the most overpowered champion you'll ever get which is why i use her

and she's my sexy beast <3

Angemon

12-27-2009

wow I don't agree with the way you rank champions at all lol. Eve is crazy good, I don't see how you could put her below average. And I'm really sick of how underrated Janna is, she is crazy amazing and you can spec her in so many ways and she's the queen of escapes if you play her right. And Udyr, most people who play him are bad but good players know how to used him correctly and he can be a crazy 1 on 1 machine and very beefy in team fights.