Champion Tiers (12-25)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lendari

Adjudicator

12-25-2009

Waiting in queue, so bored...

Above Average:
Yi - The auto game ending machine.
Shako - One hit kills? Not very easy to punish stupid behavior.
Kassadin - All around very aggressive and difficult to punish.
Chogoth - The super burst tank\carry.
Mundo - Same as kassadin, very aggressive and difficult to punish.
Katrina - Pentakill ultimate. Difficult to kill.
Nunu - Pentakill ultimate. Difficult to kill.
Pirate - ONLY when used in conjunction with katarina or nunu on an AoE team.
Card Master - Gold cards... cant live with em, cant live without em.
Tryndamere - Just based on versatility, survivability and overall damage potential... I realize he got a bit of a nerf to his crit.

Average:
Mummy
Annie
Anivia - Candidate for below average.
Ashe
Blitz
Corki
Fiddle
Pirate - When not working as part of an AoE team.
Jax
Karthus
Kayle
Malaphite
Morgana
Nasus - Candidate for below average.
Ramus
Ryze
Singe
Sion
Sivir
Taric - Candidate for below average.
Teemo
Twitch - See comment on eve in below average.
Tristana
Viegar
Zilean

Below Average
Allistar - Except perhaps in v. organized\practiced teams. Tied to flash as a summoner skill.
Heimer - Does not contribute to mid\late teamplay in my experiences.
Warwick - There are better junglers. Give me fiddle or mummy or tryndamere or anything really.
Eve - Shaco is so much more versatile and less counterable.

???Not Sure:
Jana - Never seen anything but feeding out of this champ.
Nidalee - Never seen a good one, but candidate for average based on play experience in practice games.
Udyr - Saw ONE Udyr carry a game with stun stance. Other than that nothing other than feeding out of him.

Somnambulist

12-25-2009

CM is now average and easy to counter if you gank early game

udyr is pretty crazy in the right circumstances at the moment, like invoker from dota or meepo; worthless in one mans hands, totally broke in anothers.

Nida has a ridiculous e, heals huge + enormous buff to dps.

Saint Seraphiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2009

Udyr went crazy mode seems like anyone can pick him up, play some practice games and get the hang of stance dancing... not to mention he's getting another buff next patch... this guy will merit some forum grief in the near future.

Nida, in the right hands is maybe the most versatile champ of them. Definately a nomination for above average with a high learning curve.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2009

yeah, the patch on test realm made udyr imba.

GNOY

12-26-2009

Alistair below average? Dude, stop taking drugs, really....and Yi only good because of ****ing Exhaust + Highlander broken mechanic...

holySpork

12-26-2009

Its so funny to me to read different people's teir lists and read about them all complaining that so-and-so is OP and stuff like that. Not saying that you're wrong, its just funny to see how different people percieve the game. So many people claim that its broken and for a hilarious number of different reasons.

Saint Seraphiel

12-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by holySpork View Post
Its so funny to me to read different people's teir lists and read about them all complaining that so-and-so is OP and stuff like that. Not saying that you're wrong, its just funny to see how different people percieve the game. So many people claim that its broken and for a hilarious number of different reasons.
I don't generally troll any forum but this one so am I missing something? How would the game be broken? Because Yi, Shaco, or w/e is considered OP by the middle tier( Majority) of players? Seems he was just trying to place each char where they fit and it seems reasonable. A few tweaks here and there and we have a solid balanced game.

Judah the Lion

12-26-2009

Wow, uhm. . . most of "top tier" not even close.

• Kass. is good early on for harassment and silence, and falls short mid-game.
  • Nunu isn't some overarching threat to those who have played the game more than a week
  • Shaco is known for not pushing lanes well and not having a definitive presence late game, unles fed, like most champions.
  • Mundo is a good harasser, but is a tank who doesn't have many tanking abilities. Not top tier by any stretch.
  • Tryhard is low tier after the patch. The is known too.
  • Jax is rectified with Divine sword, and lacks any reall CC. Easy as that.
  • Alistar IS top tier, bro. Maybe you haven't been playing good Alistar's but he is NOT a bottom feeder right now.
  • Heimer is at least "average" now.
  • Udyr has gotten beefy and isn't low tier anymore.
  • Cho isn't the horror people make him out to be, unless he takes advantage of your team's stupidity. A walking HP ball with some CC isn't Sagat incarnate, but mos def a far cry from anything bad.

Everything else looks pretty good, but man, you had tops all kinds of effed up, for serious.

The good thing about this game though is there really aren't THAT many tiers, which is a good, good thing. There is SS tier, great tier, good tier and beta tier

Edit: Oh, and Kayle is Bots for sure, and I'd argue that AP Sion is higher than you've stated. He has huge laning power, very bursty, a point-click stun that does good damage (static 2 second stun from the beginning of the match 'til the end), an AE exploding shield that does great damage, and still manages to have big beats and huge HP with a couple Enrages.

Casse

12-26-2009

I actually agree with so much of your list. I agree Shaco can be better then Eve, but I don't think she is below average. I personally feel Eve is better then twitch, but I know many people don't give her a chance.

I have also been pondering if Blitz needs to be moved up one. Blitz is a game changer, you have a hero giving your a problem and you need to get them alone for a moment to fix their little red wagon. Scopion - "Get over here" Cho and meet your maker. Unfeasted and dead he's now much easier to deal with.

I am a Twisted Fate player, I have well over 100 games with him, post the last patch I think he may have dropped ranks. Twisted really can't help people with Multiple Tanks, Gate is painfully slow sometimes now, and Gold Card was severally nurfed.

Deinbeck

12-26-2009

Ya TF isn't the same any more.

I don't see how Trynd could be low tier, he still does ******-strong damage very easily. If he's fed he'll pulverize the other team. If he isn't fed, it's a matter of time before he goes hulk. I was really hung up on Yi being godmode, but I think at lvl 18, 1v1, equally built up, Trynd should turn Yi into dust very quickly. Lifetap is sort of useless when you've tapped all the life out of someone and they're still alive. At that point if the Yi doesnt run Trynd should 3 hit him

I think casters for the most part are the real bottom feeders. They seem great in pick up **** games, but melee dps scaling in much scarier. "ZOMG Ryze killed you in 2 hits at lvl 8? It's ok, you will 2 hit him in 1.5 secnods at lvl 18 ."

Heimer is garbage too. He's worthless in any serious game, he relies on other, far more capable champs on his team doing well to be effective at all, as he will be shut down very quickly by a reasonably good team. The map control he affords if supported is game breaking in any pick up game because he can block all lanes of passage and lock your team in their base.

Malphite is an underutilized god. He has it all, and you can build him in numerous ways depending on the match. He's another great champ that get's over-looked alot.