Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What items would you guys like to see? (With Rules)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KirbyHero

Recruiter

03-07-2011

None of these characters are overpowered. How are DoTs a problem?

thattius

03-07-2011

Sword of Destiny (bad name, I know, im a turd face ass face)
i like to think i'm awesome, but sadly, i am nothing but a turd eater.
i put poop back in my butt and pooped it back out because i find that stuff to be funny, then i wipe it on my face and then pee some poop, more poop. man i love scat.

renticletape

03-07-2011

Problem: Tanky DPS champs and builds are too strong throughout most of the game. They easily can outclass Glass DPS, pure Soaks/Tanks, and Casters in almost every shape and form and there is no solid counter build or itemization for these types of champs. Teams of 3-5 tanky DPS champs that are running rampant and unstoppable in low/mid elo and are a pain to deal with in higher elo ranges.

Instead of continuing the crusade of nerfing tank dps champs into uselessness, I present this new item that can hard counter teams stacking them.

Item: Vanguard Breaker
Description: An offensive support item with a Unique aura that gives you and your nearby team +5% increased damage output from spells and attacks + additional 0.01%*(sum of all nearby enemy champion's Bonus HP).

Stats:
+ 250 mana
+ 20 AD
+ 30 AP

Cost/Components:
Sapphire Crystal - 400
Long Sword - 415
Amplifying Tomb - 435
Combine cost: 1050
Total cost: 2300

How it solves the problem:
This is sort of an offensive analog to Aegis of the Legion. This is a situational item that has fairly weak stats on its own, but can hard counter teams that stack up defensive stats and turn the tide in team battles vs tanky dps teams. The item supports both AP and AD champs and amplifies damage output from the presence of beefy champs clumped up together in fights (mainly from melee bruisers and tanky dps).

Some examples of situations where this item is useful is say for example, everyone on the enemy team gets a Sunfire cape (A common staple of tanky DPS). Thats 450 bonus HP on each champ totaling to 2250 bonus HP on the entire enemy team. This would effectively give your team 27.5% increased damage output making the sunfire team very vulnerable to burst nukes as well as synergizing well with other anti-tanky items like MBR and DFG. Even better is say everyone on the enemy team gets Warmogs and fills them up full. Thats a total of 6,850 bonus HP on the enemy team which means your team will effectively gain 73.5% increased damage output which is massive. If the enemy team doubles their HP, your team gets nearly double the damage for free effectively hard countering it.

Now before you jump on how potentially powerful this might be, consider that it is an aura so it only effects nearby champions AND it is only effected by nearby enemies. Effective strategies for using this item would be to group up near the champ with the item and effective counter strategy would be to split up your high HP champs, both of which will have a huge impact on the effectiveness of the item.

The presence of this item will harshly tone down the amount of health stacking on the enemy team and help iron out the prevalence of cheap defense stacking tanky DPS teams that are running rampant and unstoppable in low/mid elo and a pain to deal with in higher elo ranges.

swift talon

03-07-2011

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=566909

Nullpersona

03-08-2011

Many thanks to TalricIsTheMan (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/search.php?do=finduser&u=784765) for his contributions.

Quote:

We all know the hole. It is the crazy cc chaining hole that Roit has filled with the banshees veil. This has led to a bunch of bubble people, which, while cool lookin at times, is really op when an entire team takes turns absorbing ults or during major battles when the bubble pops back up mid fight just in time to render all abilities useless again. Yeah, I am exaggerating a bit, but seriously an alternative would be nice, especially in early game.

Quicksilver
■ Vital statistics
■ Tier Basic
■ Effects +5 Magic Resistance
■ Unique Active Removes all debuffs from your character. 80 second cooldown.
■ Menu Defense > Magic Resist
■ Gold Cost 430g
■ Sell Value 250g

Quote:
Quicksilver Sash
■ Vital statistics
■ Tier Advanced
■ Effects +56 Magic Resistance
■ Unique Active Removes all debuffs from your character. 80 second cooldown.
■ Menu Defense > Magic Resist
■ Gold Cost 1440g (265g)
■ Sell Value 1008g
■ Recipe: 265g
■ Builds from: Quicksilver (430g) and Negatron Cloak (740g)
Quote:
Quicksilver Belt
■ Vital statistics
■ Tier Advanced
■ Effects +210 Health +22 Armor +7 Magic Resist
■ Unique Active Removes all debuffs from target character. 80 second cooldown.
■ Menu Defense > Armor
■ Gold Cost 1540g (335g)
■ Sell Value 1130g
■ Recipe: 335g
■ Builds from: Quicksilver (430g), Cloth Armor (300g), and Ruby Crystal (475g)

Like BV or the current qss, these items are really dependant on enemy team makeup, not so much your role. Especially good for tanking classes is the Quicksilver belt, which builds from early game items, and allows them to support the carry or a cc'd squishy without sacrificing a health item or too much armor.

Of course everything is still flexible, but the groundwork is there.

There is a thread available here:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=564682

Werd.

~Null

Demonicous

03-08-2011

Quote:
Asylum Hunter:
Problem: Teemo, Singe, Cass, Executioners Calling and Ignite aka a team that is severely poisoning you even when your not getting attacked.

Item: Elixir of Immunity ( not trying to be misleading, only immune to poison)
cost-400
effect- take flat rate reduced poison every second based on lvl for 4 min

How it Solves the problem:
Similar to oracles, it is a small counter against poison allowing you too maybe survive a few more times that you would have had the poison not be blocked

Becoming immune to poison for a while can completely shut down a champion and their capabilities..... Cassiopeia would be worthless and so would Singed..... it cant happen....

Oracles just shuts down an enemy champs ability to sneak up on you but they can still in fact kick your butt all over the place if they chose their items well and play smart as opposed to your suggestion of becomming immune to DoT effects..... it is not viable at all

I know the pain of getting killed by a poison effect while i was running away and in a safe zone. Still i do not feel that this pot is right to use. If it granted immunity for the next ONE DoT effect..... and grants you resistance for the next 10 seconds to the DoT effect of a similar type i can see it being ok..... but not an immunity until killed...... Not happening dude

IanTheRed

03-08-2011

Problem: I am being zoned from Last Hits, or I have fallen behind the team so I want extra money to help equalize itemization. This item will be a relatively low cost money making item that will synergize with any champion who thinks they are behind or will be behind on farming.

Item Name: Demacian Koffer
Recipe: No combines, 400gp
Passive: Adds 10gp/5
Unique Passive: Last hits net an extra 3gp

Maybe the Unique Passive ability could apply to teammates as well ala TF's passive.

400gp allows you to buy this item at the start of a game and have enough to buy some pots. This item would help out champions who are bad a farming early game (Poppy, Kassadin etc) and champions that like to grab high ticket items.

Lord Arumen

03-08-2011

Quote:
IanTheRed:
Problem: I am being zoned from Last Hits, or I have fallen behind the team so I want extra money to help equalize itemization. This item will be a relatively low cost money making item that will synergize with any champion who thinks they are behind or will be behind on farming.

Item Name: Demacian Koffer
Recipe: No combines, 400gp
Passive: Adds 10gp/5
Unique Passive: Last hits net an extra 3gp

Maybe the Unique Passive ability could apply to teammates as well ala TF's passive.

400gp allows you to buy this item at the start of a game and have enough to buy some pots. This item would help out champions who are bad a farming early game (Poppy, Kassadin etc) and champions that like to grab high ticket items.

AND help champions who farm easily to farm even harder. Super unbalanced item. You could just stack 6 of these for 2400 GP and then 60gp/5 - payin off for 720 GP a minute. 4 minutes later I have 2840 GP. You could just sit at your base.

Silent Reaper

03-08-2011

Problem: Support Champions can only provide so much support and fall short late game when supportive shields/heals are very small compared to the damage skills output. This item allows Support champions to help protect thier carry's more whilst preventing tanks from "saving" thier carries.

Items: Necklace of Friendship
Catalyst the Protector (1325)
Kindlegem (850)
Build Cost: 825 gold
Total Cost: 3000 gold

550 hp
400 mana
Unique passive: 15% Cooldown Reduction
Unique Active: Creates a bond with an allied champion, while the bond is held, each champion will share half of the damage they recieved with their partner. If either champions health falls below 50%, the bond is immediatly broken. Lasts for 8 seconds. 60 second cooldown. (Note: Damage Reduction is applied after damage is shared)

Explanation: A link forms between target A and Target B (similiar to Karma's Bond or Morgana's Ult or Leblanc's Chains, etc...)
When either target recieves some form of damage, the damage is split evenly between the two allied champions. If either champion should fall to half health it is broken.

When casting this on a tank it actually works very poorly because when half of the damage intaked by the tank it's given to the carry which can get him killed quite easily.

As the mechanics behind it suggest, it allows the "support / mage / range" champions to take a bit of the damage for thier teammates. Allowing Support not only to provide valuable CC, but aswell help carries to become more powerful.

Q.A. If two bonds are formed on the same target, then the target splits 50% of the damage between to the two targets.
A--->
----> C
B--->

So that "A" takes 25% of the damage from C and vice versa
So that "B" takes 25% of the damage from C and vice versa
So C takes 25% of the damage from both A and B.

Seems like a pretty cool design huh?

Alterity

03-09-2011

Quote:
renticletape:

Item: Vanguard Breaker
Description: An offensive support item with a Unique aura that gives you and your nearby team +5% increased damage output from spells and attacks + additional 0.01%*(sum of all nearby enemy champion's Bonus HP).

Stats:
+ 250 mana
+ 20 AD
+ 30 AP

Cost/Components:
Sapphire Crystal - 400
Long Sword - 415
Amplifying Tomb - 435
Combine cost: 1050
Total cost: 2300

The main problem I see with this is those that naturally stack health, such as Cho'gath, Sion, Vlad, Jax and Singed. The last three's innate gives them bonus life just for buying offensive items to not be useless, Cho'gath is a tank based around having lots of life, and Sion has an ability that gives him life whenever he kills something. Cho'gath's ult alone gives him 900 life. This item might be as strong if a team is well balanced, as it would be against a team of tanky-dps (Since most folks get defensive items).