What items would you guys like to see? (With Rules)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

unentschieden

12-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
A couple notes, now that the thread is going:

1. Parallel structure is, in itself, not a sufficient reason for creating an item. For example, simply because there is a pure armor item and we have no pure magic resist item, does not mean that is sufficient reason for a pure magic resist item to exist.

Physical damage and magical damage scale very differently and are applied very differently. This is why Heart of Gold can exist, but a theoretical HP/MR Heart of Silver cannot, due to the nature of the damage it is addressing.
That was true before Malady and Bloodrazor and substained AP damage dealers like Cassiopeia. Magicdamage can be applied to "normal" attacks. It holds true however that physical damage doesnīt apply as much to abilities.
Itīs definetly true that we donīt need HoS because HoG exists - but the line between normal and magic damage is blurring.

Quote:
2. Caster Scaling vs. Magic Resist: I think it's interesting that roughly a 1/3rd of the posts are 'Casters can't scale' and the other 1/3rd of the posts are 'I can't defend myself against Casters because of a lack of MR itemization.' This usually means that the problems you guys are stated isn't specific enough to the group of people that it affects.

For example, It'd be helpful to think about which caster you are thinking of (Akali scales wonderfully, for example, whereas Ryze doesn't.) vs. which character you can't build resists on (Master Yi, for example) and tailor the items toward solving the scaling/mr problem for that sub-group of champions.

TL;DR: There are actually sub-groups in casters who scale, and sub-groups in casters who don't scale. Likewise, there are sub-groups in characters who can build sufficient MR and those who can't. Drill down more to the sub-group.

3. It's okay to suggest non-problem centric items, so long as you can identify the champions that would be best suited for them. For example, consider the new Malady. It doesn't exactly solve any problem, but it does synergize well with a select group of champions (Teemo/TF/Bloodrazors) while not being a 'must-get-everytime' item for everyone else.

That said, it's been an interesting read thus far.
There are a lot great "minor" mid-game Magicresist items that that you can pick up even though your main concern is something like damage (Hexdrinker) or substainability (Chalice). What lacks is an alternative to Force of Nature in the dedicated "I want to protect myself from that fed Karthus and Cassiopeia" high MR category.

Quote:
4. Regarding Spell Vamp: Consider the amount of damage you can do with your spells early game vs. the amount of damage that you can do with autoattacks early game.

Early Spell Vamp itemization tends to fail in this respect, as having spell vamp with 0 AP is much worse than having life leech with 0 bonus AD.
Spellvamp is a bit strange since itīs only available on a Hybrid item and a support item while the main benefactors are AP carrys.

Hotarukin

12-19-2010

Fervor: Null-Magic Mantle + Blasting Rod
+50ish AP
+28ish MR
Passive: +7% Movespeed

Can also combine with Sheen to make Lich Bane, rather than the current combine.

Move speed is relatively easy to pick up for most physicals, but most casters have to build defensively in order to get it. I feel that this leaves casters that are designed with their mobility/ranges in mind (janna, sona, lux) at a disadvantage late game.

Wiznaibus:
Zeal + Fervor
Attack speed, Move speed, Ability Power, and Magic Resist, all rolled into one. The crit could maybe be moved into a unique passive of sorts for spells, or left as is. Similar to Phantom Dancer, but for a Hybrid Character. A lot of characters who are "battlemage-esque" could benefit from this item, and even some that don't. It'd help fill out the hybrid's choices.

*edit borrowed from the 4th post. Unique passive: Increases your spell damage by half of your critical strike percentage. Would be kind of nice for this item.

Mild change to Malady to apply on spellcast as well. This allows the item to scale similarly to Guinsoo's while still remaining different, and allows combo characters to utilize the highest magic pen item in the game.

Souldrinker:
NLR + Hextech Revolver + low cost
Stacking Spellvamp/AP per kill similar to Bloodthirster. Exact numbers adjustable

Hotarukin

12-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaella View Post
Problem: Spell vamp/survival does not exist, and caster DPS are begging for an item like this, especially casters that focus on spamming spells, Ryze and Cassiopeia come to mind immediately

Lachesis' Rule
Hextech Revolver + Chainmail + 700 G

60 Armor
60 Ap
15% Spell Vamp
Unique Passive: On spell cast, gain 5% spell vamp. Lasts 5 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times.

Explanation: The mages that desperately need survival like this are close in, high spell casting mages like Ryze and Cassiopeia, higher spell vamp numbers are needed to make it relevant, while the armor protects them from being melted by traditional DPS, while leaving them vulnerable to the burst and disables that should effectively kill them. (Tweaked numbers a bit to make this item more appealing for spellspammers)
Ugh. Karthus. /wrist. Constant 40% spellvamp on one item for him (he's always laying waste) combined with everything else he has... could be a little scary. Just a minor critique, I do agree that it's a good item idea, though.

Akai Tsuki

12-19-2010

Currently, mana manipulator doesn't build into anything other than soul shroud, and with the removal of locket, a gap needs to be filled. Glacial Shroud only has 1 defensive item it can build into, adding a supporting path would open another item for supports that need some defenses.

What I would suggest, as a support item that shouldn't be too good on tanks (as that is what the locket was) would be this:

Loote's Torch
Mana Manipulator + Glacial Shroud + 400g (total 2550)

Stats:
50 Armor
450 Mana
12.5mp/5 Aura
20% cooldown reduction

Unique passive: for every abililty you use, all allied champions within 900 range will have their champion non-ultimate cooldowns reduced by 1 second (doesn't reduce to under 1 second). Does not affect your own abilities and this effect has a global cooldown of 3 seconds.

Since it is pretty expensive for the amount of armor it gives, tanks won't be able to tank with this. Supports will be less squishy to physical DPS, have enough mana to go for a longer period of time and got a nice aura and effect that supports the team, rather than the user, further reducing the chance tanks will be able to abuse it on themselves.
The global cooldown is ofcourse to prevent multiple people to get it and abuse ultra-short cooldowns.

EdgarAlanPWN88

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2010

What is your opinion on stronger potions? 200 HP/ 100 Mana is perfectly fine at the start of the game, but what about right at 10 minutes, when we are generally still in lanes, but lvl 6 and 200 HP is just not doing that much heal, and 100 mana is really not doing much.

Super Health Potion (70g)
Restores 400 Hp over 20 seconds

Do the developers want champions to go back to fountain at that point? Having a double strength potion would allow champions to stay in lane longer during pre-gank phase, but after the point where normal potions would do much of anything. Just consider getting hit by a stray lvl 3 Wild Card from Twisted Fate just after you popped your last health pot. The card does 160 damage, so really 112 damage after base MR, which just negated half of that health pot.

Dreampod

12-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akai Tsuki View Post
Currently, mana manipulator doesn't build into anything other than soul shroud, and with the removal of locket, a gap needs to be filled. Glacial Shroud only has 1 defensive item it can build into, adding a supporting path would open another item for supports that need some defenses.

What I would suggest, as a support item that shouldn't be too good on tanks (as that is what the locket was) would be this:

Loote's Torch
Mana Manipulator + Glacial Shroud + 400g (total 2550)

Stats:
50 Armor
450 Mana
12.5mp/5 Aura
20% cooldown reduction

Unique passive: for every abililty you use, all allied abilities will have their cooldown reduced by one second (doesn't reduce to under 1 second). Does not affect your own abilities and this effect has a global cooldown of 2 seconds.

Since it is pretty expensive for the amount of armor it gives, tanks won't be able to tank with this. Supports will be less squishy to physical DPS, have enough mana to go for a longer period of time and got a nice aura and effect that supports the team, rather than the user, further reducing the chance tanks will be able to abuse it on themselves.
The global cooldown is ofcourse to prevent multiple people to get it and abuse ultra-short cooldowns.
While fixing it to not work on the casters own cooldowns is a good start, the item is just begging for abuse within its team. If you take it on any champion with an extremely spammable, low cost ability you can generate a extremely significant AoE cooldown reduction. For example put this item on Nidalee and then have her hop back and forth using Pounce in cougar form - your nearby teammates have just effectively gotten a 33% CDR aura that stacks (multiplicatively!) with their own CDR. This would create more passive play while coordinated teams using varients on the 'press R to win' comps would hold back and skirmish while their spammer dropped their ultimates cooldowns so that they could initiate using something like Amumu's Curse of the Sad Mummy far more frequently.

Deadpool v29

12-19-2010

1) One of the biggest holes in your itemization in the game that I see at the moment is that there are a good number of heroes that use DoT abilities, with no items that really complement their DoTs directly. DoTs such as Twitch's passive, Teemo's Toxic Shot, Tristana's explosive shot and ect.

2) There's only one issue that I find my self running into when I try to think of a recipe combination for my items, and that there is no item that give's a flat on hit stacking DoT which would be the basis for my item. I don't know of an existing item that would suffice for attaching it to the recipe since, for example, a Long Sword would end up losing its damage and a Amplifying Tomb would lost its ability power for the damage over time effect. Regardless of the lack of the specific item, here are my ideas:

__________________________________________________ _______________________________

Doran's Fang - +100 Health, Apply on hit DoT dealing 5 magic damage over next 4 seconds (stacking 5 times), and 6% attack speed. 435g cost.

This item would be a great alternative starting item for a good number of heroes compared to the existing Doran's items that are currently available. Also the damage that it adds wouldn't be overwhelming just add a little extra damage to heroes that need it. Some heroes that come to mind that would benefit from that right off the bat would be Teemo, Shaco, Twitch, or really any ranged physical hero.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________

The next item is more of a thought to where all current Doran's Items have some later tier item that has most of the benefits that they do. For example: Doran's Shield, it gives health, health regen, and armor. Randuin's Omen gives all of the same stats.

Twin Fanged Bow - Recipe: Recurve Bow + Pickaxe (Non-existing DoT Item) + 700g (2725g Total Cost) Stats: 40% attack speed, Apply on hit DoT dealing 25 magic damage per second over next 4 second (stacking 5 times.)

This item would all several heroes to add a different style of playing to where they can kill other players with DoT abilities and items as opposed to chasing them down and beating them to death. The same hand full of heroes would benefit from this item as well: Teemo, Shaco, Tristana, Twitch ect.

Akai Tsuki

12-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreampod View Post
While fixing it to not work on the casters own cooldowns is a good start, the item is just begging for abuse within its team. If you take it on any champion with an extremely spammable, low cost ability you can generate a extremely significant AoE cooldown reduction. For example put this item on Nidalee and then have her hop back and forth using Pounce in cougar form - your nearby teammates have just effectively gotten a 33% CDR aura that stacks (multiplicatively!) with their own CDR. This would create more passive play while coordinated teams using varients on the 'press R to win' comps would hold back and skirmish while their spammer dropped their ultimates cooldowns so that they could initiate using something like Amumu's Curse of the Sad Mummy far more frequently.
2 second cooldown might be a bit too much, making it 3 seconds would probably be a lot better. The idea was that it makes the bearer have to spend mana in order to give their allies a benefit, much like locket used to do a few months ago. It is also designed to be an alternative to the soul shroud, with the difference that this item is stronger, but more expensive and doesn't give health (aka doesn't work against mages).
Keep in mind that if you get this item, you spend 2500 gold which you can't spend on damage. Most mages that would get this item are also good candidates for golem buff making the cooldown redux a completely wasted stat, as well as the mana pool to some extend.

2xHero

12-19-2010

Item 1
Problem: Casters have poor itemization choices for late-game pure damage and CDR builds. This is problematic for champions that really benefit from CDR like Ryze, Annie, Fiddlesticks, and Lux

2xHero's Cane of Annihilation
Needlessly Large Rod + Fiendish Codex + 800g

120AP
10Mp5
Unique Passive: 20% CDR

Explanation: Currently there are 4 items in the game that give CDR and AP. Nashor's Tooth is a hybrid item, not suitable for mages. Fiendish Codex is not a late game item. Elixer of Brilliance is a consumable. Deathfire Grasp is not necessary/desirable on all mages. This item would allow mages to build much higher offense and CDR.

EDIT: You've already made a comment that you would like to see an item like this.

Item 2
Problem: There is not a great item for champions that "only" want health and damage. This item would be similar to Atma's Impaler, but without the Armor and Critical Strike. It would probably be great on Jax and a good consideration for physical nukers like Pantheon, Urgot, Ezreal, etc.

Blood Rapier
Pickaxe + Ruby Crystal + 800g
25 Damage
500 HP
Unique Passive: Converts 1.5% of your maximum health into attack damage

Explanation: This is designed to be an alternative to Atma's Impaler for champions that do not need the armor or critical chance. My concern is how well these items would work together on a champion like Jax, giving a very large amount of damage with health gain. Perhaps it be a shared Unique Passive like Tear, Archangel's and Manamune's mana pool. (IIRC the mana pool increase is shared by all those items.)

EDIT: You've made a comment about converting defense to offense and vice versa is not good. I like Atma's in it's current state over this item/the old proposed Atma's rework.

Item 3
Problem: Not so much a problem, but I thought that this would just be a really fun item. However, sometimes you really want the Executioner's Calling activate late game, but the item stats really aren't worth the item slot. This item would probably be good on lifesteal tank-ish champions like Olaf, Dr. Mundo, Tryndamere etc.

Frostblade of the Devourer
Executioner's Calling + Bilgewater Cutlass + 700g
35 Damage
35% Lifesteal
15% Critical Strike
Unique Passive: On hit, you cause 4 damage per second for 8 seconds.
Unique Active: Deals 300 magic damage, slows movement speed by 50% for 4 seconds, and inflicts Grievous Wound causing 50% reduced healing for 8 seconds on target enemy champion. (400 range) 60 second cooldown.

Explanation: That's a lot of lifesteal. It doesn't really fill a hole, but it would be very powerful on lifesteal tanks. I think that the relatively high price per damage of this item would keep it off of most true carries, although EC and BC appear to be very gold-efficient items. It also provides a meaningful upgrade to those two items for damage based champions. Plus it adds another late-game lifesteal item as an alternative to Bloodthirster and Stark's Fervor.

EDIT: I have no idea why I called this a frostblade when the only slow is from an active. It would make more sense with a phage/cutlass combo. I'm pretty terrible with item names, hehe. I've seen about 6 other posts suggesting this EC/BC combo, so prepare to see it again.

Item 4
Problem: There are few ways for casters to itemize Armor without having to buy a purely defensive item. This is especially true for mana-less champions or champions that do not need CDR such as Kennen, Galio, and Karthus.

Bracers of Protection
Warrden's Mail + Blasting Wand + 650g
60 Armor
25 Hp5
40 Ability Power
Unique Passive: Passive: 20% chance on being hit to slow the attacker's movement and attack speeds by 35% for 3 seconds.
Unique Active: Creates a shield around your champion that blocks 300 damage (+.9AP) and gives 100% chance on being hit to slow the attacker's movement and attack speeds by 35% for 3 seconds. 90s cooldown.

Explanation: Physical damage dealers have Atma's Impaler, Hexdrinker and even Wit's End as defense/offense items. Casters have AP/MR items in Abyssal Scepter and even Lich Bane, but no AP/Armor items. I used a shield instead of Zhonya's Effect becuase I think that Zhonya's phase shift is a bit ridiculous in that it allows pure squishy champions to jump into the middle of everyone, turn invincible to all damage and still deal high damage with some AoE effects. This active should reduce aggro from physical carries while still avoiding complete invulnerability.

EDIT:This is a bit redundant with the Hourglass. I still am not fond of stasis/projectile popping though.

Item 5
Problem: With the changing of Last Whisperer to a damage item from an attack speed item, there are fewer ways of itemizing attack speed. Phage is a chance-on-hit item, meaning it scales with attack speed - a DPS stat. However, its upgrades are Frozen Mallet (a survivability item) and Trinity Force - an item that isn't desirable on many physical carries. Stinger is a really cool attack speed item, but it only upgrades into the hybrid item Nashor's Tooth. Also, there aren't a whole lot of ways to itemize CDR on physical carries. This would probably be most powerful on melee champions that have gap closers i.e. Tryndamere, Jax, Irelia, etc.

Timebreaker
Phage + Stinger + 400g
30 Damage
250 HP
40% Attack Speed
Unique passive: 15% CDR and 25% chance on hit to reduce your target's Movement Speed by 30% for 2.5 seconds.

Explanation: It combines to mid-tier items that would be really cool on carries but don't upgrade into late-game carry items. It helps melee champions to chase as well as giving CDR. It really complements Ghostblade on melee carries that have an attack damage item.

MORE EDIT:
Item 6
Problem: There is not a great option for magic resist for tanks. BVeil is often overkill and reduces your thread/presence. The spell shield makes casters less likely to cast a spell on you - which is find if the enemy team has high magic damage, but not so good in all situations. Abyssal Scepter is nice on Amumu and Galio, but not on more physical champions/bruisers like Mundo, Gragas, Garen, Mordekaiser, and Trundle. Wit's End is pretty terrible, and Hexdrinker is just not a late game/high tier item.

Sword of Light
Negatron Cloak + 2 daggers + 600g
50 MR
30% Attack Speed
EDIT2:UNIQUE active: The sword of light may shoot a beam of light that deals 300 physical damage. The beam of light gains armor penetration equal to the enemy AP*0.4. 60 Second cooldown.

[oldidea]UNIQUE passive: when a nearby ally takes magic damage, you receive 8% movespeed and the ability to move through enemy unite for 5 seconds. This ability has a 30 second cooldown.[/oldidea]

Explanation: I had a very difficult time deciding whether I would like this to be an attack speed or AD item. I'm still not sure what would be better, but I went with AS because of how bad Wit's End is. I had a very difficult time coming up with a new unique benefit that was not too situational, complex, or overpowered. [oldidea]It might be more usable if it was an active that is usable within a time of an ally being hit by magic. Still, it might be bad by discouraging blocking skill shots.[/oldidea] My goals in creating the unique ability was for it to be fun and be more powerful when the enemy team has mages. I though of inverse Lich Bane procs and Inverse Rageblade mechanics that gain power based on enemy (and possibly ally) spell casts, but they didn't sound as good as I liked. I also considered having it give a shield to an ally or debuff an enemy, but I wanted an ability that was a bit more offensive. I also considered an active that did more damage the lower the HP of an enemy, like Nidalee's take down, but decided against it since that isn't an anti-mage ability, and giving it two factors (enemy HP and AP) was a bit much for one item's active.

Item 7
Problem: Not so much a problem, but just another fun item combo I thought of.

Actual Frostblade
Bilgewater Cutlass + Phage + 500g
55 Attack
15% Lifesteal
300 Health
UNIQUE Passive: Passive: 25% chance on hit to reduce your target's Movement Speed by 30% for 2.5 seconds.
UNIQUE Active: Deals 150 magic damage and slows the target champion by 50% for 3 seconds (400 range). 60 second cooldown.

Explanation: It would be very powerful for chasing - that's for sure. It's another more DPS oriented upgrade for the BC. It would probably be wonderful in some situations on melee characters that already have attack speed skills like Xin Zhao, Jax, and Yi.

BroForgotnglory

12-19-2010

One problem i see in itemization is a severe lack of movespeed items. So many characters need movespeed to be effective its rediculous, so to save some time ill just name a few, olaf,morde,alistar,singed and just about anyone who generally uses ghost.

So there are 3 speed items i would like to see. First an armor/speed item, a health/speed item and an early game speed item.

1. Dorans boots - 450g - Movement speed 2. Recipe = N/A (as its a doran item)

I've thought for a long while that this game needs an early game speed item to make the game more lively. So this items main focus is to give early game characters the speed they need to set things in motion. On a side note though it could promote some early ganks via laners instead of junglers helping lessen the need for a jungler.

2. Armored wings- 1800g - Recipe = chain mail + chain mail + 400g. 80 armor + 2% movement speed. UNIQUE Passive - For every additional X armor you gain an additional X movement speed.

Now there are a few suppourt items to help the suppourt players suppourt his or her team but how come there are no standard items that can help players help the suppourt, suppourt them? ANYWAYS, heres an item that aims to do just that. So by having a support character cast a supporting move on them (most suppourts grant ARMOR) they will gain a speed boost relative to the duration of the move. Additionally this could give new meaning to the phrase. O GOD ITS YI!!!!

3. Insertawsomesounding name here- 2000g - Recipe = Giants belt + health crystal + 425g. 500 health + X% movement speed.

UNIQUE ACTIVE - When used gain X% movement speed for X seconds. (The more health you have the more movement speed you will gain). After the speed buff runs out users will become slowed for X seconds.

essentially this item will be used to initiate with tanks who have no initation or very poor intiations). Such as morde,garen,cho gath, singed, tanklaf,

To conclude with speed is power, if you dont have speed you need cc, if you dont have either one then your an unfortuante champion who relies on ghost and or flash as a crutch.