What items would you guys like to see? (With Rules)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Perissh1

11-20-2012

*deathfire grasp*

I think that perhaps you went about this item the wrong way and that's why it didnt do what it was intended to...basically you threw a % health on it (good thing) and then made it deal magic dmg (bad thing).

It didn't work because you made it deal magic dmg which tanks stack anyways then on top of that made it scale with the holders current AP which meant that squishies were the perfect target for this item...why not consider another alternative? Instead of having it scale purely off of the holders AP...why not have it scale off of the TARGETS magic resist? This way squishies remain somewhat safe from it-they'll take the minimum % damage (which can be balanced to be no more than if the mage had built any other item for around the same gold) but those that have stacked MR + health will suffer a MUCH larger nuke..Maybe something like normal MR that hasnt built any items but maybe had the MR/lvl runes is all (pretty standard for an ADC) will only take a 10 or 15% dmg nuke..but someone that stacks MR will get slapped by a lot more, and perhaps it should be true damage instead of resistable magic damage if it's going to be a tank slayer

I'm sorry that I am really no good when it comes to the numbers. If i were to lay the item out I would probably make the item too cheap or too expensive or somehow botch the stats to gold efficiency or screw up somewhere in the % damages that the item would deal-but I guess that's why Riot pays you guys the big bucks! lol

<3
~Perissh

P.S.-if any of the other players are willing to give it a shot and come up with what the new item would actually look like i would really appreciate and welcome that

Stacona

06-22-2013

Physical Damage champions are a little too overpowered, especially attack damage carries, this item will affect ADC, but is mostly targeted at attack damage casters and assassins since their is no itemization to go against them.

Quote:
Frozen Head:
Glacial Shroud + Cloth Armor + Cloth Armor + Kindlegem + 200 gold = 3,000 gold total
Item Stats:
80 armor
250 health
350 mana
UNIQUE Passive: 20% Cooldown reduction
UNIQUE Passive: 10% Reduced damage taken from physical damage
UNIQUE Aura: 5% Reduced damage taken from physical damage for all ally minions and champions, including the holder [within 1,000 range of the holder].
This will reduce the snowball effect of an AD caster and assassin from completely dominating the game and being unstoppable since Black Cleaver and Last Whisper won't be able to penetrate through the Passive and Aura of this item. The reasoning for the Aura of this item since it is suppose to be a similar item to Frozen Heart but instead of directly targeting basic attackers it directly targets AD casters and assassins as well as have a support effect since tanks are pretty much supportive meat walls. Since their is an Aura, and the reasoning why all the damage reduction reduction isn't all on the aura and most of it on a passive is to control the items power some more and not completely screw over AD casters since two Frozen Heads will give the holders of the items 20% reduction to physical damage suppose to a whomping 30%!

Hope you enjoy the idea!
~ Stacona

MoseyPoo

06-25-2013

Whenever, I play a tank I seem to buy a lot of Magic Resist, but I keep dying to magic damage. Each death the most damage is magic damage. Also I tend to run out of mana. My solution!

Frozen Cloak
Null Magic Mantle
Negatron Cloak
Mana Crystal
Mana Crystal
+ 302 gold
Total Cost: 2222
Stats: 70 MR, 500 Mana
Unique Passive: Lowers Surrounding enemy champion's ability power by 5% (stacking up to 2 times)

muppetslapped

06-25-2013

Problem: More spell vamp is needed in LoL, but the unique passive is needed to keep people from stacking a really strong stat.

Secondary problem: mana manipulator doesn't build into enough items.

Tertiary problem: no pseudospellvamp

Recipe: Mana Minipulator, Ruby Crystal, Amplifying Tome

cost: 300 (Mana Manipulator) + 435 (Amplifying Tome) + 475 (Ruby Crystal) + 795 = 1800

Stats:

300 health
30 Ability Power
Unique Aura: Nearby allies gain an additional 10 mana regen per 5 seconds
Unique passive: your spell casts grant you 5% of your ability power as health (this stacks, stacks last 4 seconds and can stack up to 3 times)

would work for champions like orianna, ryze, karthus, really any AP who spams spells. ryze is who really worries me. but it gives another way to gain health from spells for added sustain. this should give AP casters some added durability in mid and late game wityh some cheap ingredients so they can be buil;t in other ways if need be.

This gives another spell vamp item without having the same unique passive as all the others, gives mana manipulator another build path, and may just stop us from seeing zhonya's on ever AP every game

Kathend

06-25-2013

I just posted a thread about this Item but I'll post it here too.

Problem: Ruby Sightstone seems weak late-mid -> late game. Visibility is always a strength and only placing three wards at a time, you still need to sink money into wards after dropping ~1550 for the RS.

Item: Note I have changed it a bit from my original post

Ruby Sightstone (1550g) + Blasting Wand (860g) + 490g = 2900g

Vision Wand
+400 Health
+45 Ablity Power
Unique Passive: Ward Refresh - Starts with 10 charges and refills each time you visit the shop.
Unique Passive: Ghost Ward - Consumes a charge to place an invisible Ghost Ward that reveals the surrounding area for 3 minutes. You may have a maximum of 5 wards placed from this item at once. 1 second cooldown. Placing two Ghost Wards within close proximity will combine them to form a Ghost Vision Ward.

After placing 30 wards Vision Wand becomes
Wand of the All-Seeing.
Unique Passive - Placing a Ghost Ward grants your champion true-sight for 5 seconds.
Unique Passive - Wand of the All-Seeing gathers ambient energy, slowly replenishing charges over time. (Returning to base will still fill charges to full)

Would be helpful to any AP based support.

Master Lyon

06-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathend View Post

Problem: Ruby Sightstone seems weak late-mid -> late game. Visibility is always a strength and only placing three wards at a time, you still need to sink money into wards after dropping ~1550 for the RS.

Vision Wand
+400 Health
+45 Ablity Power
Unique Passive: Ward Refresh - Starts with 10 charges and refills each time you visit the shop.
Unique Passive: Ghost Ward - Consumes a charge to place an invisible Ghost Ward that reveals the surrounding area for 3 minutes. You may have a maximum of 5 wards placed from this item at once. 1 second cooldown. Placing two Ghost Wards within close proximity will combine them to form a Ghost Vision Ward.

Wand of the All-Seeing.
Unique Passive - Placing a Ghost Ward grants your champion true-sight for 5 seconds.
Unique Passive - Wand of the All-Seeing gathers ambient energy, slowly replenishing charges over time. (Returning to base will still fill charges to full)

This item would be really broken, as it breaks the 5 ward limit, and it would be super easy to place 30 wards from Vision Wand to get the Wand of the All-Seeing. The passive on the Wand of the All-Seeing is super OP as all you need to do is set a ward, look for the opposing sides ward and destroy it.

Now, you can do 1 of the 2 options I'm about to present to you(or both)
1. Present this idea to Dota 2. All their heroes in that game are broken, items, etc.
2. Change it up a bit. I'd say scrap the Wand of the All-Seeing and adjust the passive on Vision Wand to holding 5 charges, but still being able to place 5 wards at a time.

Own3d U 2 hard

06-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathend View Post

Vision Wand
+400 Health
+45 Ablity Power

Wand of the All-Seeing.

The Wand of the All-Seeing would be abused. Once they get the Vision Wand, just stand at fountain and spam wards on the ground until you hit 30 placed wards for a free upgrade, which is over-powered. This item lacks balance with the way you proposed it. 5 sight wards cost 750g, which is only a fraction of the cost of the item's full cost. In 12 minutes, the item pays for itself, that is if you do not use any wards from the Ruby Sightstone. For the Ruby Sightstone to pay for itself with wards, you would need to play 20 minutes are 40 seconds with the item, such that you place 20.667 wards. I think staying as the 5 vision ward limit with charge cap of 7 should be balanced. Also, an AD version (such as the Muramana/Archangel staff contrast) should be made, such that AD junglers that rely on the item mid game can continue utilizing it for late game, such as Lee Sin as a main one. But moreover, many other junglers get the item to provide vision for their team and to counter jungle at high levels of play.

Kathend

06-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnovaKing View Post
This item would be really broken, as it breaks the 5 ward limit, and it would be super easy to place 30 wards from Vision Wand to get the Wand of the All-Seeing. The passive on the Wand of the All-Seeing is super OP as all you need to do is set a ward, look for the opposing sides ward and destroy it.

Now, you can do 1 of the 2 options I'm about to present to you(or both)
1. Present this idea to Dota 2. All their heroes in that game are broken, items, etc.
2. Change it up a bit. I'd say scrap the Wand of the All-Seeing and adjust the passive on Vision Wand to holding 5 charges, but still being able to place 5 wards at a time.
posting from phone, please forgive typos

I agree that it is over powered and I see some of your points! The ten charge limit does break the 5 sight ward limit per slot, but does not break the 5 vision ward limit per slot.

As for abuse (maybe you or the next reply said something about it). How about a 5 minute cooldown on the ward refresh passive? Making you have to wait at least 15:00 before you can get the mythical version?,

The passive on the mythic version; I do think that it is very strong, but lets look at the gold cost. This wouldn't be an early game item, at 2900g supports would most likely focus on their other "buff" items like locket, or Shurelias(Sp?). Perhaps increasing the combine cost. Or adding another material like rejuvenating beads or a sapphire crystal?

TheBiggestD

06-26-2013

1. An item that counters critical strike damage against people who get IE and huge crit chance items (Tryndamere, Shaco, End game ADCs) with both armour and magic resist.

Chain vest (720g) + Negatron Cloak (720g) + 810g = Brutus Defier (2250g)

Unique Passive: Critical strikes deal 25% less damage (so crits will deal 150%)

Khantir

06-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Nova View Post
Problem: Ability Power Carries have high damage burst potential, but if they're focused down they don't have any resilience (unless an APC that can afford to build more tanky, such as Mordekaiser, Vladimir, or Rumble), leading to a very quick and (we'd hope) painless death. An item that can provide spell vamp (which helps with sustain and some much needed HP in a pinch), health (which APCs lack), armor (again, APCs have very little of), and MR (like armor, abysmally insufficient) with a little AP would make an amazing late game addition to an APC's kit.

THIS IS A ROUGH CONCEPT, NOT FINAL

Item: Icathian Armor (4000g)
Build:
Hextech Revolver (1200g)
Giant's Belt (1110g)
Chain Vest (700g)
Negatron Cloak (740g)
Recipe (250g)
Stats
+60 AP
+600 HP
+60 Armor
+60 MR
Unique Passive: +20% Spell Vamp
Unique Passive: If you were to take damage that would drop your health below 20%, this item's stats would double for 6 seconds. 120 second CD

Appeal: This item would appeal to many APCs that would most likely be focused down during a late game teamfight, and can't afford to waste valuable slots for defense items over AP items. Those that come to mind include Annie, Le Blanc, Ryze, and Twisted Fate. This item would also appeal to many tanks as the passive not only boosts defensive stats considerably, but the extra AP and spell vamp would be greatly appreciated.
I could see this if the spellvamp was lower/removed. But doubling to 40% spellvamp with that much hp, and getting 600 more if you are nearly dead is scary.