Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What items would you guys like to see? (With Rules)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThorsDragon

11-08-2012

Quote:
Stexe:
Awesome idea. As for my suggestion, I think weird hybridization items would be a good place to start. Some more niche items like Hextech Gunblade.

Like the suggested Crit Strike AP (none exists) and Armor AP item (since there is only an Armor Mana item right now).

Next would be items that exist, but only fill a role with a certain type of Champion. Like another Move speed AP (since Lich only really works well with spammy casters who also use basic attacks).

I'd also suggest that every item that builds into something, build into at least 1 other thing. For example, Stinger should build into Malady. I mean they both require 2 attack speed blades, why not have one build into the other since Stinger only currently builds into Nashor's Tooth?

Also, another CC reduction or AoE nuke reduction item would be nice. And maybe a sustained caster DPS item that could help cut through tanks. Something like Deathfire that isn't so much up front damage, but better the longer the fight goes on. Giving casters a fighting chance against a lot of tanky Champs.

And finally, I'd suggest an item that has the name 'Stexe' in it. =)

Agreed on all accounts. My input though- don't focus casters. It will leave us leaning to heavily in their direction, quite possibly making them over powered. We already have combos like ziggs passive, lich bane, and heaping pile of ap. you 2 shot towers with this, especially since the towers have been nerfed. X.x

ThorsDragon

11-08-2012

Quote:
BayBeastStephen:
Problem: Lack of solid Magic Pen items and Haunting Guises lackluster late game.

Wand of the Abyss
Haunting Guise + Needlessly Large Rod + 500g = 3585g

Stats:
105 AP, 300 HP
Unique Passive: 30 Magic Penetration, Lowers Magic resist of nearby champions by 10
Unique Active: Deals 100 Magic Damage to select target, then lowers targets magic resist by 20.

Explanation:
Brutalizer was given Youmuu's and it only seems fair that Haunting Guise gets its much needed buff. It is a decent early game item at best, and really falls off towards late game. It really needs something to build into. I say needlessly large rod because it only has one item to build into and it would be nice to have some other high end ability power items. Haunting Guise can be combined with Fiendish Codex for a strong CDR item for casters, or with Hextexch Revolover for a legitimate Spell Vamp item. There are a lot of possibilities for Haunting Guise, it just needs something to be built into.

I like this item, but I think that your proposal has way too much mag pen. Definitely needs balancing, but an excellent item imo.

ThorsDragon

11-08-2012

Quote:
unentschieden:
Problem: Poor high MR Itemisation for Tanks.
Usually Tanks have two choices to defend against Magic Damage: Banshees veil and Force of Nature. Other magic resist items are less attractive since they "waste" goldvalue on other attributes (like Damage on Hexdrinker). Banshees pretty much also falls into this category now since the latest nerf makes you gain less MR/HP or pay more for the (for Tanks not as interesting/possibly counterproductive) unique passive.
Force of Nature is thus the ONLY high MR choice. Unfortunately it has some quirky components: HP regen is a bad stat in practice by the time you get the item - at that point it´s safer to return to the platform and walk back with full HP wich takes less time and is less risky than staying on the field with low HP. The movementspeed is nice but not exactly an important stat for Tanks.
This ultimately results in some Tanks bluntly stacking Negatron Cloaks for Magic Resistance!

Voidconverter
Null-Magic-Mantle (400) + Negarton Cloak (740) + Ruby Crystal (475) + 1000G = 2615

80 MR
200 HP
Unique Passive: Holder converts 1% Magic Damage into CC reduction (4 second duration per individual hit, stacks multiplicativly).

This item has the most MR on a single slot now however it´s not especially cost efficient for it´s stats alone. The CC reduction is supposed to let the Tank walk in take damage and be unstoppable when he walks back out. Since it needs Magic damage to "charge" it won´t do anything to the inital stun (ganks) or much against physical carrys (which have intentionally poor CC on their own). It will hovewer let Tanks "go where they please" in an AOE nukefest.
The weird stacking is supposed to lessen the "griefing" potentional of applying Damage to an enemy that an ally wants to CC. This is definetly an area that could need some tuning.

I like the item. Definitely need balancing like you said. I also agree that more options for high mr items would be very nice.

ThorsDragon

11-08-2012

Quote:
Tyraethan:
Problem: Casters have little to no way to counter high health, high magic resist targets. As well as very few choices for spell vamp.

Leeching Wand
8% Spell Vamp
450g

Treacherous Staff
Leeching Wand + Amplifying Tome + 325g = 1210g

+25 Ability Power
10% Spell Vamp
UNIQUE PASSIVE: 20% chance when an ability hits an enemy minion, caster gains 75 mana.

Demonic Persuader
Treacherous Staff + Blasting Wand + Fiendish Codex + 685g = 4000g

100 Ability Power
10 Mana Regeneration per 5 seconds
15% Spell Vamp
UNIQUE PASSIVE: Reduces Ability Cooldowns by 15%
UNIQUE PASSIVE: 20% chance when an ability hits an enemy minion, caster gains 100 mana.
UNIQUE ACTIVE: For 5 seconds, your abilities deal additional physical damage equal to 2%-10% of the targets maximum health. (extra damage dependent on base cooldown of ability) 45 Second Cooldown

Leeching Wand: There are no pure spell vamp items. This would be the equivalent of the Vampiric Scepter for life steal.

Treacherous Staff: This would be build from a Leeching Wand for slightly increased spell vamp. The unique passive would be beneficial to all spell casters with a proc from hitting a minion with an ability. Loosely a caster equivalent to Madred's Razor.

Demonic Persuader: This would be the caster equivalent for Madred's Bloodrazor. It has 5 extra ability power than what it is built from and increased spell vamp with slightly increased mana regeneration. It also has a unique passive for cooldown reduction and the mana regeneration passive from the Treacherous Staff. It deals extra damage as physical damage to counter magic resist and is a percent of maximum health as a counter for high heath targets. This is a unique active so that it will only last for a single spell rotation (it would be too powerful if persistent like Madred's Bloodrazor). The actual percent of bonus damage that it deals will also scale with the cooldown of the ability used, longer cooldowns will be a higher percent bonus damage. Cooldown reduction will not affect this bonus damage, it is dependent on the base cooldown. Not sure of the exact way it should scale, but something along the lines of 2% for 1.5 second or less ability cooldown to 10% for 60 second or more cooldown.

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

ThorsDragon

11-08-2012

Quote:
littleOschi:
1. problem: very few MR tank items,
no tank upgrade to Tear of the Godess
many tanks have mana problems in the midgame
most tanks can't utilize the mana from Frozen Heart

champs: Alistar, Blitzcrank, Amumu, Singed, Rammus

2. Crown of the Moon
Tear of the Godess (995) + Negatron Cloak (740) + Ruby Crystal (475) + 350 = 2560 G

55 MR
200 HP
350 Mana
7 Manareg/5s
Unique Passive:
7.5% of your maximum Mana is converted into HP
Each time you get hit by an enemy spell you gain eight maximum mana (3 s cooldown) Each time you use an ability, you gain four maximum mana (3 s cooldown)
Bonus caps at 1000.

3. problems solved: now tanks got another MR item

Tear of Godess, would allow many tanks to spend their mana more freely without worring about their team fight abilities (for example Rammus, he can't use his ultimate to farm, because his taunt cost so much mana and is so important)

Frozen heart is an dead end item for tanks, because it spends so much money on mana and the most tanks don't have any money to waste, with my suggested item tanks could use this mana to be a bit tankier

I love this item. However, I believe that the 7.5% conversion ratio would be way too high. This item would EXTREMELY problematic on ryze. Ryze gets this and frozen heart, and its pratcially gg.

ThorsDragon

11-08-2012

Quote:
Rarrum:
Problem: Meleeing in cougar form on Nidalee in a team fight late-game is suicide.

Flea Hunting Collar:
Negatron Cloak + Haunting Guise + Chain Vest + 500 G

200 HP
25 AP
15% Magic Penetration
25 Magic Resist
25 Armor
On taking damage, further damage is reduced by 50% for 3 seconds. 45 second cooldown after going off.

Explanation:
Nidalee is reduced to almost exclusively using human form and spears in 5 vs 5 team fights, which makes the character much less interesting late-game. She cannot move in to melee in cougar form when there are 3-5 enemies near since she is fairly squishy. This basically makes her "ultimate" of being able to turn into a cougar to melee useless in many situations. This is really only a problem after 5 vs 5 team fights break out. This item would allow Nidalee to leap in, claw a few times, then leap back out to lick her wounds.

This item doesn't provide as good of a general defense as other items, but instead provides a short burst of defense good for jumping into something crazy for a short time only then getting back out.

Additionally there is currently only one magic pen % item in the game. This would give people an alternative to void staff.

I like your idea. However, the items sucks. XD For the amount of gold that you put into it, it would need to be significantly buffed. I would say make this a legendary item- on par with trinity force.

ThorsDragon

11-08-2012

Quote:
Lokarin:
Problem: Hybrids just don't have the space to itemize both penetrations

Name: Terrifying Totem

Pre-requisites: Haunting Guise + The Brutalizer (2822g)
Additional Cost: +425g
Total Cost: 3247g
Sell Price: 2273g

Stats:
+25 AD
+25 AP
+250 Health
Unique: 10% Cooldown Reduction, +20 Armour Penetration, +20 Spell Penetration

This not only gives the Haunting Guise a token upgrade, but it gives essential hybrid skills (AD/AP/Health/CDR/APn/SPn). The price increase shouldn't be too drastic, only the value of a conflated item slot. In addition, it's not cost effective for pure classes. The name refers to simply putting the guise on the Brutalizer like a scarecrow.

Synergy: (Any character that deals both physical and spell damage while also scaling with AD and AP)

Ezreal
Gangplank
Akali
Irelia
Kayle
Miss Fortune
Pantheon

Solution: Provides Armor and Spell Penetration while maintaining a logical build up. Hybrids can take both Brutalizer and Haunting Guise early and don't have to conflate them until the item slot is needed.

Balancing? I think that the ad and ap could be a little higher. Love the item!

ThorsDragon

11-08-2012

Quote:
Splenetic:
Problem: Not enough multipliers for spell damage, making spell damage weak compared to auto-attack damage late-game.

Compendium of the Apocalypse
Needlessly Large Rod + Needlessly Large Rod + 1000g (total: 4200g)

160 Ability Power
Unique Passive: When the champion's spell deals damage to a target, there is a 25% chance for the target to take twice the usual damage.

Explanation: This is yet another attempt at making a spellcaster equivalent of the Infinity Edge, utilizing a kind of "spell crit". A caster who rushes one of these will be extremely dangerous but will lack both survivability and mana. It can also be bought late-game to boost damage in a more effective manner than stacked Archangel's staffs.

A basic movement speed item would be nice too! But magic/armor pen items are unique, so it wouldn't make sense to have a basic item for them.

I like your idea, but I think that it would be op. I would suggest something more like 25% chance to add 50% damage. This is a late-game item, and stacked with dfg, deathcap, etc. would be extremely dangerous. Especially on champions like viegar and ziggs who already have insane capabilities for burst.

ThorsDragon

11-08-2012

Quote:
SonicTheHedgedawg:
Why?
-Because ever scince the revamp of soulstealer, the passive of mana reward upon kill has been greatly missed by the likes of Evelyn and other mana dependent assasins/killers.
-Because high mana regen items are few. Basically just Archangel's Staff (with an innexpliccable 25 mana regen per 5 seconds from a single faerie charm + 2 upgrades)
-Because the needlessly large rod doesn't have enough upgrade options.
-Because spell vamp items are extremely limited: Spell vampirism items are limited to Will of the Ancients which is an aura item for support and Hextech Gunblade, which is exclusively for hybrids:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Staff of Spirits:
Ingredients:
Meki Pendent x2 (390g)x2 = 780g
Needlessly Large Rod 1600g

Combining cost: 950g

Total Cost = 3330g

Stats:
+ 85 Ability Power
+ 30 mana regen per 5 seconds
Passive: +15% Spell Vampirism
UNIQUE passive: Mana reward upon champion kill.

ABOUT UNIQUE PASSIVE
there are a few options for HOW to impliment this.

1 - Gives X mana upon killing an enemy champion.
~~Pros here: Consistency and a significant mana boost upon killing an enemy champion.

2 - Gives the killer all (or X%) of the slain champion's remaining mana.
~~Pros here: possibility of a HUGE cashe of mana upon champion kill.
**Cons here: manaless champs, or champs just low on mana kill the consistency of this passive and make it nigh useless.

3 - Gives X mana upon champion Kill and Y mana upon kill assist.
~~Pros here: More reliably restores mana than option 1, isn't ruined by being killstolen and opens this item's usefullness possibilities to champions who can make use of its other stats, but are not generally champion killers.
**Cons Here: inevitably, for balance issues, if the passive is to work upon assists as well as kills, the "X" mana in this option would be considerably less than the "X" mana in option one and, therefore, would be less beneficial for assassin mages who tened to take down one target without getting many assists.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How the problem is solved:
- Mana reward on kill is given
- high mana regen is acheived
- This item accomplishes the goal of bestowing spell vampirism to a champion who is purely magical damage but who would make little use out of an aura.
- By NOT scaling off of AP granted by other items (like zhonya's), this item has a use when it comes to early aqusition. So, finally, damage casters could start with a meki pendent and lane until they could afford a needlessly large rod, much like how phys carries can lane until they can afford a BF sword. And then quickly turn that BF sword into a high damage item for assassin mages.

Any mage assasin would love this: Evelyn, Kassadin, LeBlanc, Ryze, etc.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALSO, I DON'T HAVE AN IDEA FOR THIS ONE, BUT WE NEED A CHEAP ARMOUR ITEM FOR AP JUNGLERS TO COMPETE WITH MADRED'S RAZORS FOR PHYSICAL UNITS.

I agree that casters could use a more streamlined spell vamp item. However, I think that your restrictions on hextech and wota, or a little off... These items have uses besides the obvious. Just b/c wota is an aura, doesn't mean that it is only for supports...

ThorsDragon

11-08-2012

Quote:
Druukian:
Problem: Support Caster sometimes don't feel too useful to a team, or the teammates don't understand how useful you are. I think there should be an item that would make your character a little more active.

Amulette of the Pure
[Needlessly Large Rod + Sapphire Crystal + 500g]
+100 AP
+350 Mana.
Unique Active: Amulette of the Pure becomes Amulette of the Saint.

Amulette of the Saint
[Catalyst The Protector + Sapphire Crystal + 775g]
350 Health
350 Mana
Unique Passive: Reduces ability cooldowns by 35%.
Unique Active: Amulette of the Saint becomes Amulette of the Pure.

Explanation:
Still useful to many casters that want some spells to comeback faster by dealing less damage, healing less. But makes it possible to be offensive when you need to be.
The Catalyst in the receipe makes it so it's also useful to level with kind of like Banshee's Veil.

Intriguing. I hope that Riot sees this.