Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What items would you guys like to see? (With Rules)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pulsative

12-20-2010

Problem: Amount of slows in game and their spammability
At the moment you can protect yourself somewhat from stuns and stuff like that with merc treads, but merc treads barely help against slows. Mercury treads should have their slow duration reducement removed (while keeping all others ofc) and new item should be implemented, that reduces the EFFECT of slows, not duration, since slows usually apply right after you manage to get rid of one.

Thawing Gloves:
Rejuvenation Bead + Rejuvenation Bead + Cloth Armor + Null-Magic Mantle + 500 gold

+20 Health regen per 5 sec
+22 Armor
+25 Magic Resist
Unique Passive: All slows applied to you have their effect reduced by 35%

Explanation: As I told, Mercury Treads aren't really effective against slows that are applied all the time. This item fixes that problem and removes the frustration of champions moving at 100 movement speed. The stats are supposed to just basic stats that any champion could pick up so it wouldn't be undesirable on some champion types.
Mercury treads would get their slow duration reduction effect removed if this item was made in to real thing.

Darkskeleton

Recruiter

12-20-2010

Problem: Mages do poorly in general against melee heavy teams in twisted treeline and the game needs more high skill cap items that can punish reckless actions by tanky dps characters like Pantheon, Olaf, Garen, Rammus, and Mordekaiser.

Item would work best with: Ryze, Annie, Anivia, Caster Chogath, AP Evelynn, Cassiopeia, Kassadin, etc. Possibly Blitzcrank as well since his passive scales nicely with Mana. Essentially any character that uses AP and Mana well.

Runic Scepter

Amplifying Tome (435g) + Mana Crystal (400g) + 503g = 1338g

25 AP
200 Mana
Unique Passive: Anytime a nearby enemy dies you will recieve 2% of your maximum mana pool in HP healing.
Unique Active: Places a rune prison (~ size of Teemo Mushroom/Nidalee Trap) at a location for 10 seconds. After being placed for 2 seconds it will activate. From this point on if any enemy champion walks close to it a small AoE stun to nearby enemy champions for 1 second. 60 second cooldown.

Runic Scepter (Upgraded Version)

Runic Scepter (1338g) + Kage's Lucky Pick (765g) + 297g = 2400g

70 AP
300 Mana
Unique Passive: Same as above
Unique Active: Same as above EXCEPT that it also goes into stealth after the first 2 seconds.

Why this solves the problem:

(1) It would help casters be able to jungle because of the passive. Obviously they would not be in the jungle at lv1 on average but as the game goes on in Twisted Treeline in your average game people don't push past the middle from fear of feeding and go waltzing into the jungle. For teams that are mage heavy it is easily to be doomed because your team composition is aweful for jungling so you are essentially stuck in the lane.

(2) It would certainly be a more high skill cap item because it has a unique active that could be devestating if used correctly. Many times I have seen people go charging into the opposing team to be crushed by Teemo mushrooms. However, casters like Ryze have little nothing to stop them from ghosting and destroying you in a matter of seconds. A good player should be able to see the threat and be able to fight back so a well timed stun by this item would be fantastic. It would not simply become a cheese item because it is not instant and requires proper placement as well.

On a side note - I don't know if it's the direction that the creators want to take with the game, but I would love to see some one shot consumable items. Many people become obsessed with just farming up stats into the end game and I find that a bit boring. Consumables would allow for smart players to turn the tides of many battles. (On a side side note, maybe a 7th/8th inventory slot only usable for wards/other consumables would be good for the game. When it gets late in the game and I have 6 equipment items in my inventory it always makes me cringe when I wish I could buy wards to provide map vision for my team)

Gibbilo

12-20-2010

Problem: Unless you have specific hybrid synergy in your passive (Akali, Kayle), soft hybrids (like Ezreal) are generally outclassed by pure Ap or pure Ad characters during late game scaling/penetration. Even so, characters with hybrid synergy may, at times, be outclassed as well.

"The Disciple of Two":

Blasting Wand
Pickaxe
+ 165 GP
Total: 2k

45 AP
30 AD
Unique Passive: 20% Magic Penetration. 20% Armor Penetration

Explanation: Hybrids can now get a single item which covers their bases and scales into late game because of the percentage penetration instead of flat armor/MR reduction. They will now be on par with pure Ap builders who only have to get a void staff or pure Ad builders who only have to get last whisper. It makes sense that hybrids should only have to get 1 item too. They will have more gold now to build further hybrid items.

Mondoe

12-20-2010

Phantom Dancer

+45% Attack Speed
+30% Critical Strike
+20% Dodge Chance
+15% Movement Speed

Last Whisper
+10 Attack Damage
+40% Attack Speed
UNIQUE Passive: +40% Armor Penetratio
Built From:
Recurve Bow
Long Sword

TankHunter678

12-20-2010

My Suggestion:

Selfless Sacrifice:

Chain Vest (700G)
Negatron Cloak (740G)
Recipe (1600)
Total Cost: 3040G

Stats:
50 Armor
50 MR
Unique Active: Form Pact (700 Range, 60 Sec Cooldown, Lasts until new target or death of bearer or target)
Unique Passive: Within 1000 Range of Target, Bearer takes 50% of the damage the Target takes instead of the target themself.

Explanation: Every Tank is not capable of defending their team all the time, due to cooldowns on their abilities, this item should at least let them protect one ally, so long as they remain near each other. Not to mention, for teams that lack main tanks this enables the tanky DPS to support their team by tanking damage for the main carries or mages, even if they cannot stop the enemy from getting to them due to lack of CC.

Due to the Unique nature you cannot have 2 tanks stack the pacts on the same target.

Would like input from others on this, to make sure such an item is not OP.

SanGuNiang

12-20-2010

Quote:
Sir Vogelweide:
1) Casters cant compete in late game, especially burst characters(except veigar)

2)builds from:
Void Staff(2295)
Bf Sword (1850g)
Cost recipe(175)
Total cost : 4320

into: Magical Converter
+100 Ability Power
UNIQUE Passive: Spells penetrate 40% of the defender's magic resist.
Unique Active: While Active all magical dmg will proc a debuff which deals 25% of the spells' dmg over time(the debuff lasts 5 seconds) (lasts 8 seconds)

3) Its a very expensive item, but it would solve the late game problem of any burst character, and would force the enemy tanks to go more on both stats.
The bonus dmg is a dmg over time effect, which deals the 25% dmg over the whole 5 second(not the whole dmg every second), and it stacks with your next spells(up to 3 times maximum, so Champions which can spam an ability(vlad) wont get too much dmg ).
Rushing this item wont be a that good choice, because of its cost.
This item would be just a mid-lategame item which would work wonders on some burst characters.

Why is there a BF sword(AD) on a AP item recipe ?

Muggshott

12-20-2010

Alright.... I'm bored and have something I'd like to see.

Fortitude of the Lich
Tear of the Goddess (980 g) + Giant's Belt (1110 g) + Recipe (700 g) = 2790 g

• +500 Health
  • +350 Mana
  • +7 Mp5
  • Passive: 10% of your Max Mana is converted to Health
  • UNIQUE Passive: Each time you are attacked, you gain one maximum mana (3 second cooldown). Each time you use an ability, you gain three maximum mana (3 second cooldown). Bonus caps at 1000.

Not too long ago, I saw a red post on the prospect of transitioning Sunfire Cape to a Tear of the Goddess item. Suffice to say, it was an observation of the nature of both Sunfire Cape and the lack of mana options for several tanks. Now, the mana solution pretty much any tank comes up with ends up being Chalice or blue buff. However, the blue buff's CDR would do much better on a support or mage late game and Chalice is a modest MR value for a tank. Mana and Health are much more helpful against a balanced team and would be fantastic synergy for several true tanks, but with the loss of Locket, the tank either needs to benefit from AP or hope Banshee's is a game altering choice.

The goal with this item is to fill that niche where the MR is worthless and the AP is unnecessarily expensive, but the mana would be incredibly helpful. Blitzcrank and Singed have incredible synergy with such an item and Amumu could sustain quite a bit further into a fight. Mages can benefit as well, but at the cost of the damage they need. This has the potential to go the way of Locket on a handful of champions but the lack of Health Regen should prevent the sustain from being duplicated.

For a flat rundown, the item itself gives 500 base health, up to 150 additional health from the mana, and somewhere in the realm of 100 health on the average tank with no additional mana items. I have my own reservations about the cost, but I feel this would have potential in its niche.

Splenetic

12-20-2010

Problem: manaless champions have few options for CDR items, and overall problems with mana items that would otherwise be beneficial.

Mystic Tome:
Amplifying Tome + 600g
30 Ability Power
5% Cooldown Reduction
Unique Passive: If the champion is manaless, 5% of mana from items is converted to ability power, and each point of mana regeneration per 5 seconds from items is converted to 0.5% cooldown reduction. Does not stack with Mystic Blade, Manamune, or Archangel's Staff.

Mystic Blade:
Longsword + 600g
15 Damage
5% Cooldown Reduction
Unique Passive: If the champion is manaless, 3% of mana from items is converted to attack damage, and each point of mana regeneration per 5 seconds from items is converted to 0.5% cooldown reduction . Does not stack with Mystic Tome, Manamune, or Archangel's Staff.

Explanation: This would make items with mana or mp5 slightly more useful for manaless champions. For example, you could get 18.75 ability power from banshee's veil. A tank version of the items was specifically omitted to avoid buffing "tanky DPS".

I'm sure the numbers need tweaking, but I'm thinking that stacking mana or mp5 should be significantly more expensive than directly getting ability power, damage, or cooldown reduction from items. At the same time, flat mana is more bursty than mp5, just like attack damage/ability power benefits burst more than cooldown reduction.

CaffeineJunky

12-20-2010

Problem: The snowball item for defensive purposes (Leviathan) is not cost effective and is overshadowed by an item that permanently gains stacks (Warmogs Armor). This should be fixed.

Leviathan
Cloth Armor + Null Magic Mantle + 700 Gold
+24 Armor
+24 Magic resists

Unique Passive: For each stack on Leviathan, the wearer gains 4 Magic Resists and 4 Armor. The wearer gets two stacks for each enemy champion kill, and one stack for each assist. The user loses one third of the stacks when they die. When the wearer has 20 stacks, Leviathan will block one source of damage from an enemy champion every 30 seconds.

Explanation: This change of the Leviathan changes the focus from HP growth to armor and magic resist, which is dual to the HP and regeneration provided by the Warmogs Armor. This way, each item will fill their own niche without conflict.

Problem: Wit's End is not a very useful item in general against heroes without mana, making it an item that is highly situational. The item is intended to fill a role to combat enemies that use magic damage extensively.

Wit's End:
Negatron Cloak + Stinger + 500 Gold
50% Increased Attack Speed
50 Magic Resists
Passive: Deals 20 Magic Damage.
Unique Passive: Reduces cooldowns by 10%. When hitting an enemy, Wit's End deals an amount of magic damage equal to one-tenth of the target enemy's AP.

Explanation: This change to Wit's End will allow it to be effective against heroes such as Vlad and Katarina, who extensively deal magic damage but do not have any mana.

Splenetic

12-20-2010

Quote:
CaffeineJunky:
Problem: The snowball item for defensive purposes (Leviathan) is not cost effective and is overshadowed by an item that permanently gains stacks (Warmogs Armor). This should be fixed.

Leviathan
Cloth Armor + Null Magic Mantle + 700 Gold
+24 Armor
+24 Magic resists

Unique Passive: For each stack on Leviathan, the wearer gains 4 Magic Resists and 4 Armor. The wearer gets two stacks for each enemy champion kill, and one stack for each assist. The user loses one third of the stacks when they die. When the wearer has 20 stacks, Leviathan will block one source of damage from an enemy champion every 30 seconds.

Explanation: This change of the Leviathan changes the focus from HP growth to armor and magic resist, which is dual to the HP and regeneration provided by the Warmogs Armor. This way, each item will fill their own niche without conflict.

The reason Leviathan got nerfed in the first place is because non-tanks abused it, if I recall correctly. It's meant to be a tank item. It would be a better fix if the 20-stack bonus is a Aegis of the Legion-like aura (or heck, if the stacks themselves give aura bonuses), since tanks could use that to protect their team, but it wouldn't be as useful to carries, assassins, or "tanky dps".