A More "Baddass" Announcer

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LetsGetInvisible

12-18-2010

Suggestion.

No offence to the current lady announcer. But i personally believe that she can be improved. For example HoN's announcer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogqNq6fY5Qw.

Im just trying to say, when i get "Legendary" and the announcer says it, I just don't feel as legendary as i should be. It would be so much better if she/he would blast legendary out of my speakers with an awesome LEGENDARY sounding voice, not some semi orgasmic moan.

Cheers.

Weaver2

12-19-2010

I disagree personally.

The HoN announcer sounds like he's trying way, way too hard. I know this originated because DotA just copied the audio files from Unreal Tournament and called it a day.

However, in UT the announcer fits the game. UT is over the top, glamorized and really somewhat silly if you think about it. The announcer in UT is the exact same, over the top and absolutely ridiculous. He fits the motif of the game.

In LoL however, this simply wouldn't match the themes here. Imagine Teemo taking down an enemy and hearing "BLOOODLUUSSSSST ROOOOOOAAAAARRRRRRR!!". While I'm sure all the 12 year old children out there would hail it as being "so epically bad ass omg so cooooooool" the rest of us would just find it laughable.

Cidolfus Bunansa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2010

In my opinion, it doesn't sound as gratifying in LoL than in HoN. I mean, both cannot have the same way, but "Aced" doesn't sound as severe as it is to a team, compared to "Genocide," also the announcer in HoN only really sounds funny when he goes for the multi-kill moments increasing with each consecutive kill with one exception "Double Tap"(Most lulsy of them all, just because they changed it from something better), "Hat-Trick", "Quad kill", "Annihilation". I mean, they do give the player a sense of accomplishment because it's in a very gratifying tone, instead of this fairly quiet voice. LoL should consider making a new set of announcer sounds for the game, with more power to the voice.
This also makes me note another thing, but it's unrelated to voice, but I will mention it anyway: Multi-kills should be able to go up for a longer while, It feels kinda sad if you get a triple-kill and then a double-kill right after, instead of it going penta-kill.

Shiromaki

12-20-2010

It sounds like the Quake 3 Announcer.

"Choose your Summoner.. Tank JR READY"!

I like more the Dota Announcer. The most kills you do The more BADASS the announcer becomes.

I love when a champion is so fed that the announcer says "HOLY SH**"

I played both UT and DOTA and NEVER heard the UT announcer voice in it. It have the same tone. but says different things in many cases

Weaver2

12-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiromaki View Post
It sounds like the Quake 3 Announcer.

"Choose your Summoner.. Tank JR READY"!

I like more the Dota Announcer. The most kills you do The more BADASS the announcer becomes.

I love when a champion is so fed that the announcer says "HOLY SH**"

I played both UT and DOTA and NEVER heard the UT announcer voice in it. It have the same tone. but says different things in many cases
It took the voice from UT2003, not UT99.

RogerM

12-22-2010

I like both, HoN and LoL announcers.

KillbotExtreme

12-22-2010

You do realise that the HoN announcer is just a fail voice with an echo don't you... It's REALLY pathetic in my oppinion. A REAL epic voice would be.....well....epic.

Falzer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-23-2010

I wish i could hear something as HoN too..

QQSTAR

12-23-2010

well is there some custom sounds or something you can copy over the original announcers voice for us that want some epic yells?:P

SheepKing

12-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by QQSTAR View Post
well is there some custom sounds or something you can copy over the original announcers voice for us that want some epic yells?:P
WE CANT ROFL, it break patcher. If u do u gotta reinstal every two weak ...