<Counter>How to Kill Ashe

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hefty Sak

05-05-2011

ashe is quickly becoming one of the easiest champions to counter...

anyone with a blink and burst combo devastates ashe. add CC and it's a certainty.

XZ wrecks her.

Silent Reaper

05-05-2011

Although your guide is okay...I really don't think anyone should have problems killing Ashe lol...

bylobog44

05-05-2011

I play Ashe a fair amount. Ashe excels at harassing and kiting melee champions, but struggles against champions who can close distance, CC and burst. Tristana is sort of an Anti-Ashe.

However the most important tactical counter is to keep a few minions in front of you. If Ashe wants to last hit (and she should), this reduces the effective range of her Volley from 1200 to basically her auto-attack range (600). From that range, Tristana's rocket jump (800), Master Yi's Alpha Strike (600), Katarina's Shunpo (700), Shaco's Deceive (500), Jax's (Leap Strike), Ryze (Rune Prision), etc. can all take her down. Distance closing or ranged CC abilities that are less effective are the skill shots that also target minions (Sticky Bandage, Rocket Grab, Infected Cleaver, etc.).

As far as avoiding her ULT, keep moving, particularly when you are entering or leaving a battle with another champion. If you're tower hugging or tower pushing, don't stay in one spot too long. If you're fleeing a fight, don't run in a straight line. Banshee's Veil is pretty much a hard counter.

Also - when I play Ashe, I like to drop a ward at some of the spots where champions like to pop into the bushes to recall. Don't be predictable. Easy kill.

Cloaked Figure

05-05-2011

I should point out that Yi has an ability which makes him immune to slowing. This negates Ashe's trump card.

Mikeel

05-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRADLEY16G View Post
Yeh i added it, but a stun can make sure she doesnt run away. Ashe has a high movement speed and most ashes will equip a phantom dancer making them even faster. So usually a stun and slow will make sure u can chase when she runs.
Incorrect. Ashe has the slowest base movement speed given to champions (300). That being said, players often augment this low movement speed with M.Speed Boots 3 and Movement speed Quints and the above-mentioned PD (and Zeal).

Eppa

05-05-2011

Any good Ashe wreaks melee champion that have no natural life steal/heal through CS or having vastly superior late game. Xin Zhao is probably one of the easier MU for Ashe as early game creeps deal to much damage and you have turrets for defense. Late game you have 4 allies to defend you.

There really is no counter to Ashe that makes her useless or not worth (unless her team has terrible picks) . Even if you pick Kass, Olaf, Poppy you put so much into countering her that her team will roll you over while she still initiates every fight. There is a reason why Ashe is at least top 3 carry in the game currently.