Yi.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Achernar

12-26-2009

The biggest problem with Yi (and the reason they need to address him) is that he is *always* the monster threat on any team. People say that if you stun him he's dead quickly, and that therefore equals a way around his OP ult. Well yes, if you stun anyone and focus fire anyone they're usually dead. The problem is that Yi is always this way, and that teams must always take him out first. Even mediocre Yi's are unstoppable without a stun. I've never heard teams say "KILL [x] FIRST" more than Yi.

Yes, he's killable, and as one poster mentioned, not a god. He doesn't have a lot of health, etc etc. If you focus on killing him early his items won't be great later. But no other hero requires so much targeting on a consistent basis. I'm tired of playing against Yi, yelling at my team to kill him / stun him first, and then seeing everything fall apart when they assume he's a normal character that won't kill you in 2 seconds.

Please make the madness stop.

Chemical Plant

12-26-2009

Nerf Master Yi threads are as rampant as nerf Twitch threads were a couple weeks ago.

Before nerf Twitch threads there were at least 5 whine threads about Twisted Fate per day.

I am sensing a pattern here.

MazoMackz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teru View Post
LMFAO Overdrive beat highlander noooooo Overdrive has + and - when it runs out he is slowed and no refresh ult on kill AND not 100% on this but I think he can be slowed/exhausted wile Overdrive is on so no it is not better in any ways shape or forum.

that's why it's CD is lower

Gammelsmyg

12-27-2009

Just wanted to chime in and say I agree that Yi is in desperate need of some tweaking. Once he hits level 12+ he hits harder than basically anybody while being virtually unkillable. I've seen so many Yi take down 2, 3 and even 4 heroes on their own come end game. I mean, it's fine that he's a carry but it's got to be in some kind of relation to other champions.

Gandalf 007

12-27-2009

DON'T FEEd YI!!!!!!

-- oops he can be a significant endgame threat simply by his excellent ability to creep farm alone, without getting early game ganks.

THEN GAnK YI!!!!

-- oops, he can use his ult to escape most ganks fairly easily, heal up, and renew farming with very little downtime

USE EXHAUST ON HIm!!!

-- oops, Highlander for some reason also shuts off the blind portion of exhaust. Way to waste that cooldown.

I still don't think Yi is that overpowered, but some of the "Yi counter suggestions" are really dumb.

LetsJustPlay

12-27-2009

Wow you guys are ridiculous. Ever play Yi early game? I die usually 2-3 times in the beginning and I'm an experienced Yi player. Its ridiculous how ****py he is until you actually get him some gear.

Gammelsmyg

12-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsJustPlay View Post
Wow you guys are ridiculous. Ever play Yi early game? I die usually 2-3 times in the beginning and I'm an experienced Yi player. Its ridiculous how ****py he is until you actually get him some gear.
Yes, but sooner or later he gets some gear and then he wtfpwns everyone.

Deinbeck

12-27-2009

I had another interesting game vs a team with a Yi.

He was a pretty bad Yi too. He did squat all game. They even had a leaver, but we had a couple of mediocre players, and they had a decent Shaco and an Anivia that did a pretty good job holding the fort down if I recall correctly.

Anyways, we finally get to their inhibs, I was like 7 kills, 0 deaths on Janna at this point, we were around 25 - 30 mins in.

Yi is back, and all of a sudden he`s ape****.

He racked up 24 kills in the last 15 mins of the game. This is the problem with Yi. He doesn`t have to play well, he just has to wait long enough to dominate.

Given enough time, Yi will become a force of nature. The same can be said for all the melee dps champs, god knows Trynd does silly silly damage end game, but you can CC Trynd! Yi can and will chase you from 1 base to the next, chew you up, and run to the next unwilling target.

MEMEME670

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deinbeck View Post
I had another interesting game vs a team with a Yi.

He was a pretty bad Yi too. He did squat all game. They even had a leaver, but we had a couple of mediocre players, and they had a decent Shaco and an Anivia that did a pretty good job holding the fort down if I recall correctly.

Anyways, we finally get to their inhibs, I was like 7 kills, 0 deaths on Janna at this point, we were around 25 - 30 mins in.

Yi is back, and all of a sudden he`s ape****.

He racked up 24 kills in the last 15 mins of the game. This is the problem with Yi. He doesn`t have to play well, he just has to wait long enough to dominate.

Given enough time, Yi will become a force of nature. The same can be said for all the melee dps champs, god knows Trynd does silly silly damage end game, but you can CC Trynd! Yi can and will chase you from 1 base to the next, chew you up, and run to the next unwilling target.
I feel this way with Twitch, due to him only needing to hide behind a support/tank/dps and kill with ease.
Or he can just outrange you and from outside your screen kill you.

But yeah, thats common.

kebrus

12-27-2009

this is **** insane, i'm close to drop this game, i usually play with heimer, and now people complain about heimer rockets, now ask yourself this question? can heimer kill you in one go? that is can heimer kill you without recovering is skills and harass you constantly? short answer... no

now do the same question regarding yi... can yi kill you in one go? YES! actually he can kill the whole team with one go...

it's stupid how after so many complains they don't do a thing..

the only reason some of you say he's not OP is because you want to keep raping everyone...

this is ******ed...