Zilean IS ****ing OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

uzsibox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2009

No seriously.
If you lane against a team with zilean, you will fall behind in levels becasue of his passive.
Thats not good.

Time bomb with ap build ****ing hurts. That aint good either but still hes a mage after all.

Rewind. Oh rewind i love you soo much. Time bomb made spamable.

Time warp. So he can chase you down, or run from ya.

Chrono shift. Now if u manage to chase him down and kill him: SUPRISE! You are probably ****ed by that time, cuz he either has more hp, or is near a turret/friends.
Or even worse. Imagine that yi just killed himself on a thorned cho. GUESS WHAT? HE JUST DIDNT! Or even worse evelyn or any ****ing assasin char. This ability is broken beyond belief. And btw thx to rewind its spammable.

Yi is not OP, Udryn is borderline ****ery, but Zilean is ****ing OP.

Khue

12-29-2009

If Zilean was as big of an advantage as you say he is, I would expect him to be present in more fights then I have seen him in the past. He is like any other character, if someone is an outstanding Zilean it could clearly seem like he is dominating the game. I think I've seen more polar bears then people playing Zilean.

uzsibox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2009

First of all Yi is the current bubble boy, as YI IS FCING OP OMGHWASAD.
Second of all, hes description makes him out as a total support char. And i think not many plp like playing support.

Firellius

12-29-2009

And other than his passive, Zilean is completely useless! 8D

What build are you supposed to make on him? CD redux is capped at -25%, so that's not an option. I suppose you could feed him Phantom Dancers, but then you have a frail mage with semi-DPS properties that does not have good damage.

AP builds fail, because only the time bomb is affected by AP.

Zilean is one of the most difficult characters to play, other than perhaps Heimerdinger.

Judah the Lion

12-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firellius View Post

What build are you supposed to make on him? CD redux is capped at -25%, so that's not an option. I suppose you could feed him Phantom Dancers, but then you have a frail mage with semi-DPS properties that does not have good damage.

Zilean is one of the most difficult characters to play, other than perhaps Heimerdinger.
You are incorrect, sir (more in a minute.)

A well played Zilean with good reflexes (I've been counting frames on fighting games for decades, so I'm used to the twitch) is a considerable threat on the field due to his haste/slow and revive alone. The bomb has a big ap scaling, and if you don't suck and are good at mind games+lures+not dying, you'll get 3-5 kills by level 7 in your lane.

Proper, accurate and swift placements are paramount to Zilean, and if you can't do that, don't play him.

The incoming buff for Zilean is welcome, but when I learned of it, I was surprised. I could already use him to great lengths for early game harassment/kills, ganks with a 5 sec+ Slow and turn around team fights with a well placed Chronoshift (at best, mind you. I still feel this could use some revision.) His late game damage presence is on the lesser side of things, unless you stack magic pen. and serious amount of AP hard, which you won't because you'll be taking Glacial Shroud when you switch phases.

I say you're wrong, Fire, because a reasonably pumped AP Zilean (currently) has only a bomb true, but that bomb forces the other team to do things: move away from the line, immediately giving you lane control, or take a considerable amount of ae damage, and pinging not only their minions, but perhaps their allies as well.

You keep AP and Time Bomb ranks up to stay a threat to your enemies, because a "utility" Zil isn't feared. I'm not saying that build isn't viable, that's how I thought he was played when I picked him up, it's just that the ranks you'll have in TW and rewind will be plenty when the laning phase ends.

Also, Heimerdinger isn't considered difficult to play.

Tibver

12-29-2009

Just because you got owned by a Zilean does not mean he's OP. He's only situational at best.

I play Zilean, and I love it, but in no way does it compare to playing some other heroes, he's inferior.

Zeta

12-29-2009

He's effective, but boring, limited, and can only do 3 things that other Champions can do better.

PatouPower

12-29-2009

will people STOP COMPLAINING about champions that aren't OP? In this patch version, there are only a few champions wich need tweaking, but will all the threads made by noobs not knowing what they are talking about, riot doesnt take any of them seriously, even the ones that are actually based on some real facts.

I mean come on, since when Zilean is OP? First of all, you are lucky if the enemy zilean is going AP build, because it actually means he doesnt play Zilean to his full potential. An AP build is only good for time bomb, wich is good for harrassing but not to do great damage: buy some armor dude. Plus, if he went AP build, he will certainly not have CD reduction up to 40%, wich mean he'll be unable to spam rewind like a good Zilean will do, unable to cast his ULTI every 30 seconds or less.

Quote:
Chrono shift. Now if u manage to chase him down and kill him
This just shows how you are noob and doN't have the right to complain about what's OP... You chase Zilean alone? First of all, a good Zilean, since lvl 6 will rarely die if he went max CD reduction. He will be able to constantly spam rewind to save his ass, and slow you at the same time. But you simply never chase a Zilean excepting if you are 3 or more, then his chronoshift will be useless. Even then, never risk yourself at chasing him, he's just making fun with you.

Quote:
Imagine that yi just killed himself on a thorned cho. GUESS WHAT? HE JUST DIDNT! Or even worse evelyn or any ****ing assasin char.
What? Are we still talking about Zilean? If Yi had chronoshift and not his ulti, he would already be USELESS because he could be slowed and couldnt escape and couldnt chase. You are comparing a support champion to an assassin champion, wow... Of course if each ability could suit on each champion, every champion would be OP.

You can't deal with Zilean just means you are noob and needs to work about that. You are just frustrated because there is a champion you cannot chase and take down. Normal: He's a support champion!!!

EDIT:

Quote:
I play Zilean, and I love it, but in no way does it compare to playing some other heroes, he's inferior.
Have you tried to play him as a 40% CD reduction? I can swear you he is not boring and he can be the best champion in a gank

Aknar

12-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firellius View Post

1.cd reduction is capped at 40% not 25%
2.his ult is also affected by AP and it has over 1:1 AP ratio

but still zilean is far from OP

Woozl

12-29-2009

Zilean is two things no matter what: Early game harassment and support.

He is best mid-game, when he can do decent damage and people aren't too stacked yet, but by late-game, his timebombs are tiny little slivers of their health. Early game he can't really get kills unless paired with a good stunner, so all he can do is keep the enemy back. Also, you need experience with Zilean to be able to build a good one. If you go all in AP, you can't do anything because you almost never cast. If you go CD redux to cap at -40%, you still can't do anything because your spells do almost nothing. It does take skill to play as Zilean.

I admit that I may be slightly balanced in his favor due to the fact that he is my go-to support, but what I have said is still the truth.