[Guide] Nunu, the not so camoflaged Jungling Yeti!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BuSHiD0

07-07-2010

I just tried it and had a great game. I was a little skeptical at first because I only bought the cloth armor and didn't realize I needed a pot, so I almost died a few times. I also had to recall a few times more than I would have liked and I also didn't level up as fast as everyone else. However, once I got the madred's razors, things just took off and I started catching up. After that, it went well.

Just to add a few things...

1. Make sure to wait until your health is low enough to take advantage of the full health recovery of consume.

2. Definitely sell the razors late game in order to get the Rylai's or frozen heart faster. Once you're done jungling and farming, you really don't need them. You aren't really going to get many kills by auto attacking other champs anyway, so sell them for health and ability power.

3. When you swing around your lane, pop back in to say hello to remind them that you might be around waiting for a gank. It'll keep them guessing and help out your teammate who is soloing the outside lane.

4. I also happen to think that Consume is good enough at level 3 to finish up the other abilities first, especially if you do end up taking Heal.

5. Blood boil is very useful late game. Throw that on a Tristana, Teemo, Twitch, etc., and watch people die really fast. It also helps when you see a teammate trying to escape or chase and realize they could use a little extra spring in their step. *Using blood boil on a Tristana who activates her Rapid Fire just before going for an enemy turret is a beautiful thing.

I'm going to keep testing this out a few more times and tweak it to my liking. I'll let you guys know how it goes. Thanks TS!

Arancil

07-09-2010

My jungling with Nunu, as a lvl23 summoner:
My masteries are currently 1/11/11, and could probably need a lot of work.

1 point in Smite

3 points in Armor
1 point in MResist
4 points in Dodge
2 points in reduced Minion damage
1 point in blocking physical damage

3 points in +Regen
1 point in -time dead
4 points in +XP
1 point in GREED
2 points in +buff time

Runes are currently:
MARKS:
All MPen

SEALS:
Random ****. Not sure what I want to put here, really.

GLYPHS:
CDR, mix of flat and per-lvl. I find six of these should be enough to push it above 5%, rest will be AP (probably /lvl)

QUINTS:
Random ****. Will be flat HP later.

With better runes, the points in the Defense tree may be unnecessary. At least I hope so.

STARTING ITEMS:
Cloth Armor
3 HPots (Could get 5, as I get 2 later, but this keeps me from accidentally popping one when I don't need it)

Skill order:
Q
E
Q
E
E
R
E
W
E
W
R
W
W
W
Q
R
Q
Q

I find that Consume lvl2 is handy early on, but that's really all you'll need. After that, it's better to put points into stuff that will actually help against enemy Champions instead.

JUNGLING ORDER:

Start off with blue Golem. Consume and Smite right off the bat, pop a pot as soon as you've taken a hit. I don't care about the healing I'm missing out on Consume - I'd rather be done with the cooldown for the next creeps I'll be facing.
You'll take down the Golem, having not so much health left (but you'll be safe regardless of if you dodge or not), then just beat up his guards. With my current few % in CDR, Consume is off CD right when I beat the first guard so I can just consume the second. Face the neutral creeps on the same side of the river. Pop the two pots freely, ice bolt (almost) all you can. Keep counting your hits so you know when you'll get Visionary - it's worth waiting half a second for another punch to get a free Ice Bolt IMO.

If the first group of small creeps is 2x Golems, you may have to back off a bit to finish an additional CD on Ice Bolt - just don't back off so much that they'll stop aggroing you and run back! If you're of a higher summoner level and/or have more defensive runes (such as a couple of flat HP quints or some armor seals) this shouldn't be a concern.

After this, run across the river and take down the red Lizard. Smite should be off CD a couple of seconds into the fight. As always, consume whenever you can, almost always Ice Bolt when you can.
When you get visionary, try to use it for the Ice Bolt rather than the Consume! Ice Bolt is waaay more expensive.
Finish off the guards, take the small neutrals down, then take the wraiths out.

Should've hit lvl4 now and have nearly 700g. Recall.

At this point, I buy another cloth armor (For Frozen Heart - I like getting Frozen Heart on Nunu), a red elixir and two pots. Run run run to the dragon (your golem buff will probably be over by now, but the lizard buff is still up and dandy).
Pop the elixir right before the fight, pop a health pop at the start of the fight when you've taken some damage and pop the other as soon as the first is done healing. Consume whenever you can, ice bolt whenever you can, smite whenever you can and this shouldn't be a problem.

Dragon dead, and you'll hit lvl 5 with Lizard buff and Red elixir buff active at ca. 6 minutes into the match. It's two minutes slower than Amumu and Warwick do it, but yeah. It works. Don't forget to keep track of when you killed the dragon, as it respawns six minutes later.

This is mostly just theory. Haven't tried it much in real games. It'll obviously be VERY problematic if you get attacked by enemies in the forest, so you'll have to adapt. You also won't have time to help gank before you kill the dragon.

After you off the dragon, though, you should start jungling a lot less, give the creep buffs to other team members who need them and assist lanes in general until grouping in my opinion. Or maybe sneak into their forest and eat a buff.

Items at this point shouldn't be focused on jungling. You'll do fine anyway.

I usually build boots (as they are kind of delayed by the elixir + the cloth armor), a Banshee's Veil or a Rod of Ages (depending on how annoying the enemy abilities are), finish my Frozen Heart and then improvize.

And a final disclaimer.

These are just guidelines. I've tried it, and seen it work. It can probably be improved a lot. So be creative and provide feedback if possible. I'd love to see better Nunu jungling.

covalt27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-15-2010

can u post the whole list of items you go thorugh im kind of new so i dont get what ur supposed to buy ty

Wintrex

09-15-2010

Jungling Nunu just doesn't make sense to me... I like building Nunu as an AP tank. Making his abilities do more damage and to survive. I tried to jungle with Nunu and even with consume I didn't do well.

erebus2075

11-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzeWuzze View Post
I'd like to hear someones comment on this ...i experience the same thing while jungling with Warwick and im not sure how to fix it...
tell what you are building first since its hard to help if we got no idea what you build :P

it depends on the team how i do;
when i am b to buy the first time i look at the kills/death off my team and the amount off tower hp on each tower, if a tower is almost down on our side i KNOW we are in problem and we need to gank soon= i go for items that help me kill heroes and are valid for the amount off gold (1,2k or so) meaning boots and +25 attack for most ad heroes (i go with attsp runes since they make me not need any other attsp items then boots untill lvl 14+ which is very nice and effective).

if it seems to be a looong fight i go for madreds blood first item or so (but this is ONLY if i havent been able to get a gank and it seems like the enemy team is playing save and none is pushing either side, since this starting build means you need to run at least to lvl 12+ before the fights really start else i wouldnt recommand doing madred blood before bloodthirster/infin+boots)

ps; most junglers fail by thinking they are suppose to jungle the entire game
when you hit teamfights you generally stop jungling or at least at lvl 12-14 you NEED to go help your team win instead off jungling

Ozom420

11-26-2010

okay i dont know why u build razors on him, i usually go for
Q
W
Q
E
Q
R
Q
E
and so on
And my item choise is Sorcerers shoes, Then i go for veil, but meja first if im doing well, and just going full out tank, using W and Q is just so much faster then going threw all that razor ****.
I usually lvl as fast as the solo lanes too, u dont need razors. its just a waste of money.
Go full AP to start with and just go gank at lvl 4-6 usually get atleast one kill, sometimes 2 if u go for a non Silence/Stun lane. and your set

Ozom420

11-26-2010

A ye, I dont rly get why u recall when you get 700g tho.. i usually never b unless i rly have to. im usually up to 2-3k when i first b with him

Pissfer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2010

Ozom, you may want to look at when this guide was posted before saying anything. This was around from something like September of last year. In other words, something on the order of 14 months ago, or when this game was in early Beta