[Guide] Nunu, the not so camoflaged Jungling Yeti!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aviseras

09-07-2009

Also, why Heal over Flash? Flash allows for perfectly placed ultimates while heal is just an extra consume once in a while.

Ryoshi

09-07-2009

I chose Heal simply because there is always that one risk during the very early levels where you can die from the lizard elder or golem elder. The Heal also scales with levels, so it is useful near end game.

If you want to run the risk for Flash instead of Heal....go for it.

Jonah

09-13-2009

My item build so far is

Madreds Razor
Sorcerors Shoes
Banshees Veil
Rylais Scepter
Lich Bane

However, im not comfortable with this build. I need to know if rylais scepter stacks with lich bane, if it does, i feel its highly important to get that after rylais scepter, if not, then get a zhonyas ring for increased AP.

I chose banshees veil over frozen heart for several reasons:

1) Instead of reducing only melee damage, it gives 600hp which obviously gives you more life to take damage from spell damage as well
2) The spellblock, its as simple as this. The spellblock basically increases the chance you get your ultimate off

Ofcourse, im not going to explain the entire benefits of this item over frozen heart, but these two above are the most benifactory to choose said item over the other

oOTeeNyOO

12-04-2009

tried and totally kicked ***!

Judah the Lion

12-11-2009

Is this strat. still valid? I pretty much just started (lvl 8), and have had iffy returns when jungling with Nunu. I'm not saying it's bad, it's probably due to my lack of runes, but for instance: there's no way I can drop the red lizard or blue golem at lvl. one with smite+heal+consume. I've tried at least three times, and started pulling the team down after embarrassing mob deaths.

I'm not sure what was going on with Nu when this was written, but either I'm just terribad (I AM nubby, but srsly, it's not easy), or things are a bit different.

Any feedback/help? I would greatly appreciate it!

EDIT:

Oh, and my item builds were usually:
Razor
Razor/purp. scepter if team was doing well
sorc. boots
purp. scepter (+AP for ganks)
Veil
Lich Bane

XReyoX

12-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemical Poet View Post
Is this strat. still valid? I pretty much just started (lvl 8), and have had iffy returns when jungling with Nunu. I'm not saying it's bad, it's probably due to my lack of runes, but for instance: there's no way I can drop the red lizard or blue golem at lvl. one with smite+heal+consume. I've tried at least three times, and started pulling the team down after embarrassing mob deaths.

I'm not sure what was going on with Nu when this was written, but either I'm just terribad (I AM nubby, but srsly, it's not easy), or things are a bit different.

EDIT:

Razor
sorc. boots
Veil
Lich Bane
This guide is indeed outdated. The passive on the Razor is now unique so the 15% chance to hit for 500 won't stack anymore.
As for not being able to kill the lizard and the golem, yes, its because you don't have enough runes and masteries. When you're at level 10, pot+heal+smite+comsume+cloth armor should bring down the golem.

ArmedMonkey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-24-2009

I can't really condone this build. I don't think jungling is good for the team in later levels because you're not available to help defend. And if you actually do help defend, you're not getting the benefit of jungling.

It's ok until like lvl 6, when ppl start to push and gank. But after that, it's a terrible strategy, esp against good opponents. With that said, you're wasting two of your final items on jungling ? 2000 gold isn't a LOT, but it could put you on your way to Rylai's earlier or something like a heart.

You're getting smite, which is only useful for creeping when you already have one creep-killing skill. So you are sacrificing something more useful for the whole team for something to help you jungle. The game might be over before you're ready to help.

I'll eventually post my nunu guide. I come out around 3k hp, doing like 500 dmg with frost, and 1300 with ulti. If I have a team that can mass slow/stun, it brings down the house.

Boldizar

06-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judah the Lion View Post

EDIT:

Razor
sorc. boots
Veil
Lich Bane
I've never actually done lizard first, but it should be possible to take big golem at level 1 with smite and heal, even if you're only SL 8. Take something like 1/7/0 with Imp. Smite, Imp. Heal, Hardiness, and as much Evasion as you can get. (Not the best once you stop jungling, obviously, but that's not what the guide is about.) Grab a Doran's Shield and a health pot to pop midway through the fight.

Start with Smite and don't Consume until you've taken enough damage that the heal won't be wasted. Don't be afraid to just run from the lizards once you've gotten the buff and come back a few seconds later when you can Consume one. Once you get more runes and talents, Heal won't be necessary either.

Also, I agree with NeoIllusions from page one: maxing Consume early is a waste, you can get by just fine with two or three levels. And like someone else said, the double Madred's build is outdated now that the proc is unique.

zhenn

06-08-2010

holy necro

Mailorder II

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

06-16-2010

Did Nunu get nerfed or did jungling get harder? I followed this guide twice in practice games vs. bots and I found it pretty hard to stay alive.