[Guide] Nunu, the not so camoflaged Jungling Yeti!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Larias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

08-09-2009

Looking forward to trying this out today.

Eithyr

Adjudicator

08-09-2009

Consume deals 500/600/700/800/900 damage doesn't it?

Mpalm

08-09-2009

Nice, never thought to get two razors with him, works well. The new scepter is nice too, makes it so nothing escapes.

Ryoshi

08-10-2009

Yeah, I assumed Consume did that much, but I wanted to wait till the tooltip said otherwise.

Two razors works well with anyone jungling really. It gives you a 30% chance to proc the minion 500 damage, which not only is good for jungling, but also when you are pushing lanes. Nunu lacks a farming ability, like Karthus defile or the similar, having two razors makes it a lot easier to farm.

Aqualisk

08-11-2009

I tried this out and a couple questions and comments. What do you do after you jungle? I find that I had a bunch of items that helped me vs. creeps, but I was rather useless in team battles. I could do little 1 v 1 and in a team battle the best I could do was pop my ulti. I could push a lane pretty effectively if no other heroes were present, but Nunu does not seem to offer a lot of PvP power.

Doctor Awesome

08-19-2009

Tested this, it's a good build. Ryali's Scepter is a good choice. Do think selling the Razors after some arbitrary point is generally a good idea.

bountardos

08-20-2009

I really like Nunu jungle, one or two madred make him kill really fast in those woods. He doesn't need that much items, just making him on par with solo lanes in xp, and being able to come gank every now and then with his imba slow with low cd is enough. One madred is often enough i believe, after that Boots 3 then whatever suits you.

climax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2009

Great guide. That build works great too. I have yet to find a flaw in it. Good job Ryoshi. Just a quick question though, Would this build hold up a 1v1 against a Warwick? i havent gone against one yet, just for future reference to know if i should hit and run or actually step up to fight

Hiclic

08-24-2009

Great guide for jungling Nunu. I've played him some, and find he's really effective at early game harass and gank (easily gotten level 4 before third creep wave ^^). Will try jungling when I'm not laning with a trustworthy disabler (nunu is great caster support+gank with philo->Sorc/+3->Abyssal). He's a nightmare to lane against.

Ultimate is interrupted by babies sneezing, but it's a big sign that says "hit me!". So it's great for baiting and drawing fire--or else the enemies will pay severely. I've pulled overzealous players into turrets by using it, they think they're smart by interrupting the ult...but it's a long, slow run out of turret range after ^^

I find it's best to just joust warwick with ice blast and keep him slowboating until gank arrives. You'll never get an ult off on him (he'll save his channel to disrupt it), and if he closes your work is quickly erased. But if you can keep away (you do have the speed+slow advantage) you'll do sizable chunks of damage to him.

Ryoshi

08-24-2009

It would be hard for anyone to go 1v1 against warwick. Just remember that if you are low on health, it is a death sentence due to Warwick's movement boost. Especially know this when popping your Ult, since he could most likely easily run out of it.