Soraka and Rammus?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phips

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2009

Hey everyone.

Just wanted to try out a (at least it sounded to me) very strong line which consisted of Rammus and Soraka.

But we failed pretty pretty hard.

I just do not get it how to do this. These heroes should be a great synergy, shouldnīt they?

There are many advantages, like heal, mass armor, taunt and a huge survivability.

But we died and died. We recieved too much damage, we couldnīt even push. My friend and mine played 2 games.

In the first one we tried to taunt + heal + defensive ball curl the enemie but this just worked well in the lategame, because the damage was too little in the early game.

In the second game we tried to push, but we couldnīt because our enemies just nuked us down.

I would appreciate a good answer to my problem.

Myrnodyn

12-25-2009

What you probably failed to realize, is that Rammus + Soraka is a really defensive combo. I won't go into details on how I like Powerball + taunt better than defensive ball curl + taunt, as it comes down to preference. But you generally need to hold the line, and let the enemy come to you.

As rammus, your early game will suffer because of your item dependancy, and with a supporting Soraka as a laning partner, chances are that you will get very little in the way of ganks. Therefor, last hitting creeps and trying to stay alive is the most logical choice, at least untill you get to level 6. The defensive tactics also allow you to taunt melee enemy champs into your tower. (remember to allow them to hit you once though)

Good laning partners for Rammus for AGRESSIVE play would be champs with awesome (but difficult) skillshots. Morgana and Blitz being prime examples. You taunt them out from behind their minions, and your partner opens up the ownage. Other options are champs who stun and nuke. Annie, Sion or Evelyn being good examples of this.

Hope to have helped at least somewhat...

Kragorn

12-25-2009

It sounds like an experience issue. While you definitely will not have much offense, you should have at least been able to hold your own OK and not die continuously. It sounds like you purposefully went after the two opponents, tried to powerball/taunt/defensive curl, and have Soraka heal you. I don't think you can stand the punishment at early levels even if you are being healed. Who were you facing?

What you need to do is wear the other team down and wait for them to make a mistake. Soraka can starfall harass. If necessary give ground to your tower and hope they get cocky/frustrated. Then taunt them and have the tower take care of them. As Rammus you can pretty much tower guard for a long time even against two opponents due to the threat of taunt. Also, remember that level one taunt is only one second--not enough to do much damage or hold someone for long. You have to wait a few levels for it really to be effective.

For Rammus, he has a very weak early game, I usually take heal/cleanse to help. Meki pendant + two healh pots ->Chalice to start. I try to last hit and bide my time. I only go after the opponents if they are chasing my lane partner or if my lane partner makes a move. (Eve, Annie stun, etc). If harrassed, I'll let the creep wave fall back to my tower.

Good luck.

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2009

Defensive? Weak early game? Are you playing the same Rammus and Soraka that I'm playing?

Soraka MUST get Infuse first. It's a free nuke that also increase your mana. What more can you ask for? It also gives Rammus unlimited Rollout and Defensive Curl.
Couple that with Exhaust, and you'll kill at least 1 champ right away. (Unless you lane against Eve, in which case--get a frikkin ward).
You must also be extremely aggressive with Soraka, and very crafty with Rammus. Soraka makes an awesome bait. She's a 450IP healer--everyone thinks she's really weak, but she's not. She has innate armor and magic resist, and can Silence people at quite an extreme range. Spam that Infuse!

As for item set, I find that Rammus is better off getting something with HP regen first. (Push for Warden or Thorn Armor). It frees up Soraka's need to burn mana on healing, and lets her use it offensively for the armor buff instead. Soraka should also ignore mana regen item completely at first. You have Infuse, what more do you need?

Kragorn

12-27-2009

I think "very crafty" is a good way to put it, probably better than defensive. When to gank depends on who you have with you, who your opponents are, their health, your health, positioning, etc. If the OP is dying then you want to not die first, then work on killing your opponents.

The reason I mention weak early game is that you are melee. If your opponents are ranged, then you will be harassed and they won't get anywhere close to you.

I do start with a HP regen item if I feel there are a lot of ranged or stealth on the other team. Otherwise, Meki + 2 HP. I usually build Chalice, Ninja Tabi, Heart of Gold, Heart of Gold and go from there. Thornmail for auto attackers defineately. Banshee's Veil for casters. Aegis is also a really nice item for your team. I also find using Elixers really helps too. I never seem to be able to save up for Warmogs I'll have to start adding that. Sunfire is great for Rammus too, just expensive.

HP regen is nice, but I have heal to help cover me in the field, and usually after engaging I have to blue pill anyway as I've taken a lot of punishment. Powerball speed helps you get back in the fight.