The ask Eggtart Chow anything thread!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BrendanUHS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackingJason View Post
Quick question, yes or no.

Annie and Malzahar, could they be used interchangeably? Or are they more suited to slightly different roles?

(And do you like muffins, by the way?)
annie is better in almost every way, jus'saying.

bobmuffinman

07-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackingJason View Post
When using Madred's Bloodrazor, do the Magic Penetration Runes make a difference in the damage it does?
I believe it does, as the damage Bloodrazor does is also affected by MR

Zeitheios

11-29-2011

Got any advice for Irelia and the new masteries? with the old ones if she got fed she became almost unkillable but now the masteries have made a huge difference in that. I used to be able to control a lane and farm as much as i want, but now im being pushed back to my turret by a wukong who hit me with a 2 ability combo and im down to like 1/4 hp. Usually it wouldnt do any damage to me.

Raenus27

06-21-2012

i was wondering something about the ranking system as well. ive noticed that as the more matches i play the less points toward my rank i get. is there something im not doing right or is this gonna happen the more i play?

Kirielis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-21-2012

It's gonna happen as your volatility decreases. And Eggtart Chow hasn't been seen for, oh, months.

Raenus27

06-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirielis View Post
It's gonna happen as your volatility decreases. And Eggtart Chow hasn't been seen for, oh, months.
buzz kill... lol

Tohros

01-31-2013

Where do I go to apply for mentorship? I might have read the instructions wrong, probably so knowing my luck, but is there an email or something because from what I can tell there is no PM system, when there ought to be. Just email me at tohros@gmail.com ty to whoever answers my question.

Fs Son0fSilas

01-31-2013

^ thanks for posting your email on a public forum

PS don't necro threads, OP was posted 2 years ago and the last bump was last year.

Asylum Kreeper

04-23-2013

This may be, perhaps, a ubernoob question for you guys... but what is the difference in top, mid, and bot lanes. People say some champions are better top or bot, what makes the difference between lane difficultys?

Thanks

Eggtart Chow

05-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asylum Kreeper View Post
This may be, perhaps, a ubernoob question for you guys... but what is the difference in top, mid, and bot lanes. People say some champions are better top or bot, what makes the difference between lane difficultys?

Thanks
In general your top lane will be a solo lane, your mid will be a solo lane and bottom will be a duo lane. Top lane is usually held off by somebody who is beefy/has good sustain and can skirmish well (melee champs are extremely common top but not exclusive). Your mid lane is normally held by a mage and bottom by your ad carry and support. The 5th player normally jungles.

You want your ad carry/support bottom incase your jungler wants to try and grab/defend dragon. Your support will only last hit if they are 100% sure the ad carry can not grab the last hit coming up, allowing the ad carry to get maximum potential gold for more damage items (in most cases). Support champs play great without many items. You normally want your mage middle because they are usually great at ganking the side lanes (especially bot, you'll have a level advantage) and it's vital for them to buy items. Your jungler is usually a champ who does not do very well in most lane situations (Amumu, Udyr, Nocturne, etc.).

None of this is set in stone, however, and can be mixed up if you are playing with a 5-man premade team. The roles aren't set in stone, either. I've seen everything from mage/support bottom to even a "top role" in mid. Call me old school but I'm not a fan of the idea that this game has to be "cookie cutter" in lane placement and roles. Back in my day (incoming old man rant) we played our ad carries middle, we had 2v1 lanes because we didn't always want a jungle, and, most importantly, we had fun. Hell, I've even won games by doing complete odd-ball tactics with a 5-man premade. 5 mage team, 5 mid revive/tele (we got inhib at 12 mins, was hillarious) and even a 5 smite/tele for 15 minute Barons. Take note this was before ranked games were an option, however.

With all that being said, I do advise you stick to the basic lane set up for ranked games unless you are in a full premade who agrees. In normal games, however, feel free to try an ad carry mid, mage bottom, 2v1 top lane or anything really. Just don't do something you know won't work and don't flop the game for everyone else. Remember, you started playing this game to have fun!