The ask Eggtart Chow anything thread!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Johnggernaut

12-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Common0324 View Post
Thank you friend, I gots one more for ya, What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object??
Pretty sure one of the two will be nerfed, regardless of the outcome :P

And thanks Egg.

Eggtart Chow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Common0324 View Post
Thank you friend, I gots one more for ya, What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object??
Well, it is impossible for an unstoppable force to exist if an immovable object exists in the same universe, and vise versa. It just doesn't make sense.

Otherwise, ask Xin Zhao, "Find me an immovable object, and we will put an end to this question"

clerica

12-20-2010

Oh great Eggtart - whats the best way to improve playing a champion that you don't feel does well in solo queues? I really want to practice playing TF more but I feel like he doesn't fit that well into many teams, relies on a good team to perform his best, not really a carry, etc. Especially since so many people insta lock carries/squishies, in the end I still like winning so I go with a safer pick like Vlad. I really hate insta lock squishies who tell others to tank, so I don't want to resort to something drastic like that - but is there any other option? Team composition seems to be less of an issue when I queue with a lvl 30 friend, but when its all low 20s everyone wants to play a squishy.

Another question is, what other champ plays somewhat like Swain? I just bought him recently and I loove playing him, people underestimate the amount of damage he puts out early game and I've already received a lot of compliments about landing my nevermoves. Eventually I'll have to branch out again so I'm wondering what champs are similar.

Thanks ahead of time.

herubu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2010

Some quick questions.

Does Champion physical skills like Xin's Three Talon Strike and Garen's Judgement get the effect of Items? And if so, do multiple hit skills like the previously said, get item effects upon each hit?

Last question. I know boots are not supposed to stack but if you have one boots (swiftness +3 move) and another different pair (Beserker Greaves +2 move and I think +25% attack speed), do the movement stack? Or it takes the highest move, and the attack speed buff?

Eggtart Chow

12-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by duetlol View Post
Oh great Eggtart - whats the best way to improve playing a champion that you don't feel does well in solo queues? I really want to practice playing TF more but I feel like he doesn't fit that well into many teams, relies on a good team to perform his best, not really a carry, etc. Especially since so many people insta lock carries/squishies, in the end I still like winning so I go with a safer pick like Vlad. I really hate insta lock squishies who tell others to tank, so I don't want to resort to something drastic like that - but is there any other option? Team composition seems to be less of an issue when I queue with a lvl 30 friend, but when its all low 20s everyone wants to play a squishy.

Another question is, what other champ plays somewhat like Swain? I just bought him recently and I loove playing him, people underestimate the amount of damage he puts out early game and I've already received a lot of compliments about landing my nevermoves. Eventually I'll have to branch out again so I'm wondering what champs are similar.

Thanks ahead of time.
The best way to get better with any champ is really just to play with them a lot. Practice last hitting and get a good understanding with how durable they are, the range of your champ, and how all of your abilities work.

TF can fit into many team comps, you just have to get the early advantage through ganking and pushing via ult. For example, let's say you are bottom (or mid, doesn't matter) and the your team is doing some good harassing top. Let the enemy push top a bit, then get a gold card ready along with your Stacked Deck passive. Port in behind them, stun the closest/squishiest champ and score a kill. After you get a kill (which should be guaranteed) 3 push the lane and either take the tower or do some good damage to it. If you choose to run teleport (which is actually a really good spell for TF) you can get back to your lane, being gone for maybe 20 seconds tops.

To survive as a carry you really just have to play extremely cautiously and build some survivability. As TF try building a RoA (if you choose to build AP, which is a really good build) or Frozen Mallet if you wish to build AD. Learn to chill in the back of team fights and don't run into the middle of them to get to your target. Spam your wild cards and wait for most of the CC to be popped before you run in.

As for a caster who's similar to Swain I can't really think of anyone. He's a got a pretty unique skill set. If I had to say someone, it would be Malzahar. He has a DoT that jumps targets, an AoE that deals percentage damage, an ult that supresses (stun that can't be cleanses or affected by Mercury Treads), and a skill shot silence. He won't really remind you of Swain, but he's the closest I can think of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herubu View Post
Some quick questions.

Does Champion physical skills like Xin's Three Talon Strike and Garen's Judgement get the effect of Items? And if so, do multiple hit skills like the previously said, get item effects upon each hit?

Last question. I know boots are not supposed to stack but if you have one boots (swiftness +3 move) and another different pair (Beserker Greaves +2 move and I think +25% attack speed), do the movement stack? Or it takes the highest move, and the attack speed buff?
Xin's TTS and Garen's Judgement do not apply on hit affects, but Garens Decisive Strike does. The way to tell if it applies on hit affects is by reading the tool tips. At the end they will all say "applies on hit effects". There are no "multiple hit skills" that apply on hit effects.

NEVER buy two types of boots in a serious build. That out of the way, If you bought Boots of Swiftness (3 movement speed) and Berserker's Greaves (25% attack speed and 2 movement speed), you would have 3 movement speed and the 25% attack speed from Zerker Greaves. Alternatively, if you purchased Boots of Mobility (5 movement speed when not in combat, 2 while in combat) and Boots of Swiftness, you will have 3 movement speed while in combat and 5 movement speed out of it.

sneakingshadows

12-20-2010

I just started playing annie, and i can't seem to pick up kills. I get a lot of assists, which is okay except kills are better :]

clerica

12-20-2010

+1 Thanks for answering. :3

Eggtart Chow

12-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakingshadows View Post
I just started playing annie, and i can't seem to pick up kills. I get a lot of assists, which is okay except kills are better :]
If you're getting assists then you're doing something right. You get money for assists so it's not harming you to bad. If you're looking for straight kills then try to time your spells better for killing blows IF you are 100% positive your team will get the kill no matter what.

Otherwise, most of your kills to begin snowballing should come from 6-11. Go mid always with Annie and once your 6 go all out and do your full combo. Harass a bit before 6 every time you have a stun up, but don't go oom. Grab ignite and this usually means a kills. Focus on last hitting and push mid if you get the kill while you have Tibbers up. Go to the bottom or top lane and gank if they're pushing, also. I personally prefer to rush a RoA as stack items like Mejai's normally piss me off.

In team fights try to get as many people with your AoE stun as possible, but don't stay in too long if you start to take damage. I normally carry Flash with Annie as she has no means of escaping and has a terribly slow move speed.

Palasit

12-20-2010

Your a much better helper than any of the mods, they should make u one

Eggtart Chow

12-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palasit View Post
Your a much better helper than any of the mods, they should make u one
If you mean Emmisaries, there just aren't a lot of them to be seen often. I believe we have 4 currently on the US forums, and Encased Shadow is the only one I really see still active. I would love to become an Emmisary, but I don't think Riot wants to promote anyone right now. For me to become one would probably require a bunch of people from the community voting for me or something. I'm not quite sure how it works.

As for the reds helping, Kismet patrols the New Player forums quite often and gives detailed help. Guinsoo, Phreak, Ezreal, Pendragon and Zileas answer a lot of questions on the General Discussion thread, and that's inbetween working, playing, and living their own life.

I really appreciate the support, though! Trust me, I can't emphasize how badly I'd love to be an Emmisary. Maybe one day...