Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Xin Zhao Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zebano

12-18-2010

I'm a huge fan of rushing SotD on Xin but I don't use AS runes just APen red, Dodge yellow (expirementing with MP5 and armor both of which have their bonuses), CDR blues and HP quints.

Carados

12-18-2010

Quote:
Neokenfu:
I'm quite done with this thread so please continue to bump my info with your flames please.
I don't think you understand the meaning of

You're info is incorrect and misleading. You're giving him bad info. You're arguing against the correct info because you are being excessively literal about the meaning of words when anyone reading the thread knows what's going on.

And you're the one flaming. I am not.

Flaming is direct insults. Like calling someone a "dumbsh*t." Huh. Who did that?

andrew000000

12-18-2010

Everyone plays xin differently so stop being such ******s to each other. No one is helping the person who asked. I suggest trying different stuff out by yourself or you could look up my profile to see how i play xin.

Carados

12-18-2010

Quote:
andrew000000:
Everyone plays xin differently so stop being such ******s to each other. No one is helping the person who asked. I suggest trying different stuff out by yourself or you could look up my profile to see how i play xin.

There is wrong ways to play Xin. Leveling his E last is definitely that way.

capslockisnton

12-18-2010

I prefer Q first to E first. E gives more slow for a little less damage, but here's the thing: the slow is only for 1.7 seconds. That's enough time to get your 3 q hits off, sure. By the time they land, the slow is over. You might be saying that if you level Q first, then you won't even be able to get those 3 hits, but 20% slow is still a slow, and you will still be running faster than they will for those 1.7 seconds.
Q also lets you last-hit minions better, especially under tower, for less mana than it would take to E them (and also less cooldown, so you don't miss a chance to E the enemy champ if he's still around once the minions are dead)

Carados

12-18-2010

Except you gain nothing by leveling your Q except damage, which only matters in the situation where you're under the tower last hitting, when leveling your E would prevent that situation and give you better harass.

Meanwhile the difference in slow allows you to get in front of the champion (important!), catch up with desperate move speeds, gank better, set up for ganks better, harass better, get more hits in, and so on.

And once you start team fighting you're going to want level 5 E before level 5 Q.

The reason you're giving Q is better is when you're losing a lane, it's better... but you're losing a lane because of bad skilling choices. Think about that?

Radamanthys3

12-18-2010

Does anyone else get a weird bug with xin zhao's E, sometimes rather than 'flashing' to the enemy, he walks to them briefly then stops. Has ruined me a few chases.

VII Syns

12-19-2010

Quote:
Radamanthys3:
Does anyone else get a weird bug with xin zhao's E, sometimes rather than 'flashing' to the enemy, he walks to them briefly then stops. Has ruined me a few chases.

Happens all the time, and it doesn't slow them either Moreso, it cancels three-talon if you had it ready.

Killerspaten

12-19-2010

One thing: Carados is right stop downwoting him!
AS or Crit Xins may look good on paper BUT you really dont need that much dps items on him so you just want to get 40% CDR to spam your skills (you dont need that much AS because CDR is doing everything better). The next thing you wanna get is arpen this is why I use arpen Quints and Marks together with 0/21/9 Masteries to be more tanky. You need to build Xin more tanky to get the most out of his skillset (a dead Xin is a bad Xin) and at last maxing E last is definatly NOT the way to go.

wykytron

12-21-2010

I just got Xin, and I gotta say, he's a really fun champ to play. As far as spells go, I like to grab exhaust (improved exhaust in offense tree) and ghost, just cause it's a good chase/run spell for 3v3. Abilities wise I always max them out on a prioritiy basis. Q then W then E. At level 1 grab Q then 2 grab E, after that max out Q and W (not counting the ult) Another thing I see is people opening up with charge, where this is good, I like to save my charge for when they start to run away, cause by then Q is up and since E slows, you can knkock them up for the rest of your team. I only really open up with E if I KNOW FOR SURE that I will get the kill. As far as items, I have gone pure AS, SotD YG etc. If i want more damage I'll pick up PD and BT or BC (depending on enemy champs) or if I wanna go more on the tank side, FM or RO. Runes are ARP marks Crit/dodge seals (depending what I'm feeling like) and CD reduction glyphs or hp. then flat hp quins. It's worked out for me so far. Feel free to add some tips.