[suggestion]End of champion rotation

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moohatesyou

12-26-2009

Better idea: Keep the champ rotation, but make all champs unplayable in normal games until a player has completed at least 2 practice games on that character.

H1R0Z

12-26-2009

I think its pretty silly that this topic even came up, particularly because practice games are still open. What I do when trying a new champion is I play a game or two in practice before taking them into normal games. Given a few tries under the belt I take it into a real game. If it fails, it fails. If it succeeds, the good.

Point is bawing over bad team mates isn't relative to new or old champs and how they adapt, but good or bad players. Yes, if a player charges in without at least one practice session with the champ then its just plain reckless. But really it all comes down to basic strategy. Overall most tanks, ranged dps, etc work relatively the same in terms of items used and a common strategy can be adapted for a decent build in most cases.

So really its about responsibility of individuals. Trying to regulate it is pretty pointless because IF you make it so that people have to practice they're just going to get their first character, play a bunch of normal games then buy more characters to use in normal games which they might never use in a practice round.

Besides, keeping champs free is a good thing we all have going for us now. Ruin that... and you'd probably regret making that decision in the long run since you're limiting your own freedom.

Don't know about you, but I sure as hell would like to keep the good times coming like they are now.

Edit- Though the guy before me had a great idea. Kudos to his input.

Lumaca

12-26-2009

Well then, what's the point in playing normal games, if you can just play every champion for free in practice? Casual gamers probably won't even attempt to play anything but practice.

EchoRex

12-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coma White View Post
i've been that person trying new characters recently I have won a few and lost a few. Don't act like you havnt been that person too. Thats why they are free so people can find one they want to work for or pay for. Outside of Tryn I havn't found my nitch. I'm hoping Poppy is it as I would like to diversify and have more than one solid option for playing. I tried Avina... went 0/5/3 with 2 turrets, Yi 3/9/3 with 2 turrets.. hmm whom shall I try next.
Try DPS Janna, same sort of build, weaker damage than Trynd, but a ton more utility for the team in control and saves.

EchoRex

12-26-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumaca View Post
Well then, what's the point in playing normal games, if you can just play every champion for free in practice? Casual gamers probably won't even attempt to play anything but practice.
You don't earn **** for IP or XP. So you stunt your growth in runes and masteries severely.

Lendari

Adjudicator

12-26-2009

This would force people to play champions they are good at (or at least confident enough to buy) in recorded games.

I REALLY REALY LIKE THIS IDEA.

NOTE: Practice games need to be fixed (IE: not giving XP\IP, AFK hosts, etc...), but that's a different post.

Yahger

12-26-2009

NOTE: Practice games need to be fixed (IE: not giving XP\IP, AFK hosts, etc...), but that's a different post.[/QUOTE]

/agree

im lvl 22 and we had a lvl 0 on our team last night afk'd the entire time

Sefam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2009

I dislike this idea.

It's going to drive all the new players away because it's going to take them a looooooonnnnnnngggggg time unlocking their first hero with practice games then they will be forced to buy more heroes to not get bored instead of using the rotation thus making the gap between those who pay and those who don't even higher with the Rune system and all the grinding because they NEED to buy the heroes.

And only few heroes are available at low prices, and that doesn't even include Soraka. So basically now we'd be stuck with tons of Ashes and Annies in the games.

Nice? I think not. Just because you guys want to play your little "pro" games like elitists? You make me as sick as the entire DotA community.

Coccada

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

12-27-2009

What if I tell you that I played pratice games till lv 7 or 8?
And I don't regret it at all... At least I didn't go to normal games without knowing anything about the game... But I regret that I could've made much more IP/XP playing normal games...

Today, pratice games aren't worth any time wasted on them... But I don't believe this is the idea of that match mode. A lose in normal game give more XP/IP than a victory in pratice game, and normal games are each time more full of noobs, ruining the fun of who wanna be competitive and the objective of ELO ranking.

When I see a team with 3 or 4 rotation champions I just leave before it starts... And it sucks!

Black Phoenix

12-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moohatesyou View Post
Better idea: Keep the champ rotation, but make all champs unplayable in normal games until a player has completed at least 2 practice games on that character.

Hell NO!

I don't know about the rest of you and your elitist ideas and tons of spare free time.. but for me wasting an hour only to be able to START playing on normal with a new character is not an option.

LoL is already quite some time consuming for me to play 3-4 games daily...but sacrificing even more free time for nothing... No thank you.