Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Undecided between champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kastr

12-25-2009

what are your views on

corki
karthus
anivia

i can't decide which to play and thought that some help with the ELO viability between all three of them would be best and who should I play as my main.

I'm mostly looking for people who've actually played with these characters to answer some feedback

and was wondering if there were any up to date guides for each of these characters and if anyone plays these characters as their mains

JunkRamen

12-25-2009

Corki is probably the best late game carry with some of the strongest AoE in the game, blind, and good escape. He has a deadly early game/harassment and ganking game. He's just missing a stun. From what I've read, he's a good pick for high ELO, but a lot of teams run Sivir instead. The patch may have changed this.

Anivia is hard to play, but is probably the best candidate for "caster carry" if such a thing really exists. She's difficult to approach for many champions and has a lot of burst damage.

Karthus I don't know much about.

AFKray

12-25-2009

I can't really account for Karthus since I don't think I've ever seen one I'd deem as "threatening". However Corki is a fantastic carry, and well Anivia is my favorite hero so I'm a bit biased. For Anivia I can give you the following info:

Incredible learning curve. It requires a bit of multi-tasking and coordination. She has a high-payoff for skill however, and also for disaster. This comes in the form of a missed wall or flash frost, which leaves you quite open to dying or even worse, losing teammates because you walled them in. However, on the flipside, you become the biggest threat in the jungle when your skills improve. If you like the idea of a caster carry, play some practice games and first start by flash frosting directly into minion waves. Work on getting double hits on the ranged creeps. Then, try doing it when you are moving. Next, work on using walls. Learn how it works, how it interacts with the terrain etc. Finally, work on your combos. The first is glacial --> frost bite. You want to be able to get this combo off to a point where its basically one attack. Follow this training by doing it with a flash frost that is far away from you.

After practice games, move to real games and then try and nail the combo against human opponents. Timing is everything with her and simple practice will help you immensely. Also, if you lag, i don't recommend her. Oh, and i forgot another practice for Fog of War shots is trying killing 3-4 Ghost camps when you are in your own lane. This can only be done with a double hit flash frost, so this will help you build timing down based upon its travel speed, and not just visually.

kastr

12-25-2009

is corki still a great carry mind the nerfs? i really like corki for some reason and dont seem to know why. i've tried anivia and shes pretty fun but corki just seems better imo.

i was actually ok with anivia but corki just seems so hard to play for some reason.

MasqureMan

12-25-2009

Quote:
kastr:
what are your views on

corki
karthus
anivia

i can't decide which to play and thought that some help with the ELO viability between all three of them would be best and who should I play as my main.

I'm mostly looking for people who've actually played with these characters to answer some feedback

and was wondering if there were any up to date guides for each of these characters and if anyone plays these characters as their mains

Karthus and Anvia take skill to get used too. If you're the type that likes damage items and owning, their not for you. Definitely fun for caster lovers.

Corki is pretty simple and easy to play. And not many people know he exists. I played him earlier this week and someone thought he was a new hero. But he's easy to do well with.

Bait

Recruiter

12-25-2009

Quote:
JunkRamen:
Corki is probably the best late game carry with some of the strongest AoE in the game, blind, and good escape. He has a deadly early game/harassment and ganking game. He's just missing a stun. From what I've read, he's a good pick for high ELO, but a lot of teams run Sivir instead. The patch may have changed this.

Anivia is hard to play, but is probably the best candidate for "caster carry" if such a thing really exists. She's difficult to approach for many champions and has a lot of burst damage.

Karthus I don't know much about.

they run corki or twitch. sivir is meh.

kijik

Recruiter

12-25-2009

Quote:
Bait:
they run corki or twitch. sivir is meh.

errrr, idk what game you've been playing, but sivir wins games, OTH is huge in this meta, ntm the mass pushing power, and the ridiculous boomerang blade nuke, or maybe the free banshee's veil.

Bait

Recruiter

12-25-2009

i've been playing the games where sivir and her team gets pwned by twitch's spray and pray with lizard buff.

problem with sivir is she has a poor escape mechanism. she also can't position herself for the kill as well as twitch or corki.

poepli

12-27-2009

same here canĀ“t deciede....
corki or twitch = /

corki got nerfed with patch is he still a good choice??
twitch is just...very very annoying^^ but also weak in early game.