Interesting read on SC2, pertains to LOL Forum attitudes.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Suru

12-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaFlares View Post
sadly its the present and you suck. You also never adapted to the metagame change. Hence why your not #1
Na, its because brood war made micro way more important and APM advantage became a big thing(I Push well over 250 APM, but I know some koreans pushing 600) . Coupled with wrist pain from playing 16 hours a day takes its toll. Plus you could pick your opponents in the SC ladder so I got there by stomping noobs. Now days I don't know any Americans that can beat me at SC or BW but I definately can't compete with the korean professional circuit. There are not even lan tournaments that play SC around here anymore so its pretty much died off. Most pay-to-compete lan tournaments play crappy console first person shooters now, and not RTS. I stopped going when Halo became a staple.

In SC2, the game is purely APM. I can compete with pros, but after a few games my fingers are throbbing, and again the 500+ APM koreans dominate with Zerg.

BndWgnPatriiot

12-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeNaku View Post
Maybe ill borrow a friends account to look into this, in mid diamond the only thing i ever see is just GG at the end of a game.
screw GG. go with T___T or rage like idra

BndWgnPatriiot

12-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suru View Post
Na, its because brood war made micro way more important and APM advantage became a big thing(I Push well over 250 APM, but I know some koreans pushing 600) . Coupled with wrist pain from playing 16 hours a day takes its toll. Plus you could pick your opponents in the SC ladder so I got there by stomping noobs. Now days I don't know any Americans that can beat me at SC or BW but I definately can't compete with the korean professional circuit. There are not even lan tournaments that play SC around here anymore so its pretty much died off. Most pay-to-compete lan tournaments play crappy console first person shooters now, and not RTS. I stopped going when Halo became a staple.

In SC2, the game is purely APM. I can compete with pros, but after a few games my fingers are throbbing, and again the 500+ APM koreans dominate with Zerg.
ah... sorry about my bash against ya man. But even then White RA only pushes 100 APM and he can keep up with some of the best in the world.

VENUMB

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suru View Post

Last GSL had no zerg in top 8 and sc2 requires much less apm then sc1.

enjoy not being able to do good without noobstompan