Interesting read on SC2, pertains to LOL Forum attitudes.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xTheMadHatter

12-17-2010

Very satisfying read thanks and yes you notice the same thing from lvl1-30 as i've experienced

TheRealCheesy

12-17-2010

You remember that one really awesome game with amazing singleplayer? Then you play multiplayer a couple times having fun no matter what happens because it's all new to you and fun.

Then once you've figured out how to play for the most part and learn all the tricks and tips you get pissed when someone corner camps, or runs around knifing you all the **** time.

This is because you've taken the step past, "I'm new here and this is fun." and are into the "I like winning." attitude. Then compound this with the fact that 95% of all people can't find any reason why they lost except that it was the games fault, or their opponent cheesed them.

If you've ever played Day of Defeat, you can relate to this, if not then :|.

The first time you loaded that multiplayer up and got into the game, then chose the MG42. You had a awesome time just running around trying to find a good spot to set up the gun so you could mow people down.

Two weeks later, you no longer use that piece of **** gun that takes forever to set up and when you die to someone using it you call them a piece of **** noob.

BEST I COULD DO.

Souman

12-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoPunch View Post
P.P.S.

We don't care about your e-peen, it is not relevant to the conversation at hand.
P.P.P.S.

People like you make this community what it is sadly . Just ignore it instead of posting something just to annoy another player.

GremlinMolester

12-17-2010

to be anyhing less than diamond in sc2 is unacceptable. To be anything less than rank 1 diamond means you are bad and need to l2p more.

That being said i am 16 diamond

JudoPunch

12-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GremlinMolester View Post
to be anyhing less than diamond in sc2 is unacceptable. To be anything less than rank 1 diamond means you are bad and need to l2p more.

That being said i am 16 diamond
Actually I find that most high ranked Platinum players begin to see how the game really unfolds, and diamond are able to utilize the information to their advantage.

High level Diamond players understand more of the dynamics involved in intra race match ups and timing pushes as well as the ability to manage there econ and forces at the same time.

JudoPunch

12-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badiator View Post
P.P.P.S.

People like you make this community what it is sadly . Just ignore it instead of posting something just to annoy another player.
Ill be pot if you want to be kettle!

Virindok

12-17-2010

I got placed into diamond right off the bat in SC2 - later to find out that I really didn't want be because the people I ended up eventually playing were all very VERY good.

I did see a lot of people like the quoted person in OP's post who intentionally lost their placements to get into bronze so they could stomp lower level players and make themselves feel better that had absolutely terrible attitudes. It was very irritating to play these kinds of people and I no longer play SC2 partly due to it as it was unavoidable in league matches. Custom games got old.

JudoPunch

12-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virindok View Post
did see a lot of people like the quoted person in OP's post who intentionally lost their placements to get into bronze so they could stomp lower level players and make themselves feel better that had absolutely terrible attitudes.
People do that in Lol, we just call it smurfing :P

BndWgnPatriiot

12-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suru View Post
I'm in Diamond League in all match types. I've played maybe 80 games. What should my sterotypical attitude be?

P.S.

Once upon a time I was #1 on the US Ladder for SC1, before the rise of korea.
sadly its the present and you suck. You also never adapted to the metagame change. Hence why your not #1

TeeNaku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2010

Maybe ill borrow a friends account to look into this, in mid diamond the only thing i ever see is just GG at the end of a game.