Interesting read on SC2, pertains to LOL Forum attitudes.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JudoPunch

12-17-2010

Quote:
as a few of you may know i demoted myself from diamond straight to bronze in a attempt to farm portraits, but while im her for another 500 games or so i thought i should take some notes on the behaviors of bronze league players, heres just a few things i noticed in my spand of...2days and 180+ games. mind you, EVERY single game is cheese.
-bronze players in the lower levels(smaller points or less games played) were almost always in a good mood after losing, always said stuff such as "oh wow didn't spot that! good one!" and then he would leave. this holds true for almost all low level bronze players

-bronze players in the mid section, almost 80% of the mid level people i faced off were very sarcastic. "oh woww your sooooo good dude...so good teach me please, my god gg" an they would leave. the other 20% of people still following tradition of being nice players and in sportsmanship skills.

-now the high level bronzers, im talking top quality bronze, those with 400+ games and such stuck with the same race from thick and thin. these guys....and im sorry if your a high bronze and beg to differ but these guys were ALL major @#!!%!!s. i mean forreals. justa few of the comments i would receive~
"wow you %%#!ing suck man learn to play you trashy kid" (after game) "cant even go %%#!ing positive ahahahaha your so bad kid stay bad"
or "oh this is just like how your mother likes it, quick and fast, stupid idiot at least i've got class when i play. %%#! off your name !*#!% you got none"
and about 50% of people i played against after talking nonstop trash would inevitably challenge me to a best of 3. which turned into a best of 5, then 7, and then they would rage quit saying i simply had no life.

funny thing is, even with the amount of games ithrew away for free most of these guys had double and triple my games amount -.-

so my conclusion, when you first step into bronze league your still new and shiny, not sure what to make of things so you have a positive attitude towards everything eager to learn
-about halfway through your journey you start to notice that alot of the times you lose to people that in your opinion, just arent better then you and simply "cheesy noobs who cant play" and you start to rust just a bit in frustration.
-at the end and final run of the bronze division,your the top of the line and think im the %%#!ing boss and king of bronze i am good no1 can tell me otherwise. at this point your rusted to the core, your bad habits are fixated and most of the time unfixable and you take no constructive criticism because as i stated before, your a top quality rusty bronze, you think you know best.

TL;DR
1.bronze player at first are kind and eager to learn, still shiny
2.bronze players half way through their journey start to rust a little, noticing certain trends and gaining a sort of sarcastic attitude.
3.bronze players at the very end of their journey and top of the line of bronze are now completely rusted away, with little hope of changing their styles. In the spirit of their rusting away, they join in the festive with a cynical attitude where they think they are the best.

just bored and decided to write this before my final lol
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/1536336342

Interesting how this player points out that the people who do the most complaining are stuck at the 'top' of the lowest level of play.

Camera

12-17-2010

Very good read. I very much approve.

As a gold SC2 player with about 50 games I have never seen someone with a bad attitude or trash talk yet in SC2. In fact, I have people going out of their way to pm me thank me for a good game if I quit the game before they have a chance to say gg.

Hikaran

12-17-2010

Thanks for the read! =)

If you're drawing a parallel to all the complaints about ELO hell, I can definitely see how this applies.

Unholyrath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2010

Just proves that being the "best" of the "worst" isn't always a good thing.

Space Marine Guy

12-17-2010

Agreed

Blistful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2010

I really hate those people who go out of their way to insult you after losing. If you really can't find any insults and have to resort into your mom insults, you really should stop playing games and go outside more.

Suru

12-17-2010

I'm in Diamond League in all match types. I've played maybe 80 games. What should my sterotypical attitude be?

P.S.

Once upon a time I was #1 on the US Ladder for SC1, before the rise of korea.

Hacksaurs

12-17-2010

I had 1300 elo and i played my way up to 1600 with evelyn just to laugh at the kids who were like "OMG EVELYN ELO HELL WHY ME"

SilverSoultaker

Emissary of the League

12-17-2010

Good read, and from my experiences gaming seems very true.

JudoPunch

12-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suru View Post
I'm in Diamond League in all match types. I've played maybe 80 games. What should my sterotypical attitude be?

P.S.

Once upon a time I was #1 on the US Ladder for SC1, before the rise of korea.
P.P.S.

We don't care about your e-peen, it is not relevant to the conversation at hand.