Singed -- Late Game Help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JaniceGetsIt

12-24-2009

Okay, I'm still pretty noob at this game, so don't be too hard on me.

I do alright with Singed early, but if the game progresses to 45 min - 1hr +, I start sucking hard. I can survive okay, but I do **** for damage and I'm not much help to the team in a battle.

The items I buy early game:

1) Philosopher's Stone
2) Boots of Swiftness
3) Rod Of The Ages

Here's where my question comes in. I've read a guide that recommends using Archangel's staff next, but unless I'm fed or farming like crazy it seems a little too weak.

Last game I tried building Warmog's, then Force of Nature for survivability and while I do have lots of life (3500ish), I can't put out the beats to take care of business.

What would you build after RoTA? I realize Singed loves some AP, but late game their damage generally outweighs my AP.

T a e

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

12-24-2009

Hi i'm lvl 30 with +250 wins and singed is one of my main. My build is this: regrowth pendant -> get 1200 gold then buy mercury treads -> rod of ages -> banshee's -> aegis or sould shroud (if ur team don't have them) -> force of nature/rod of ages/guardian angel/frozen heart depends on ur needs. singed's poison can't go high enough to do noticible damage and fling is limited skill. having only 2 offensive abilities, if you go heavy on ap, you gonna lose your ability to tank which makes singed useless. my tip on 5v5 fight (since its 45 min into a game most fights will be 5v5) just run in first, not solo run but with ur whole team behind you, spray w on enemy group, pop ur ulti, run in and fling non-tank champion back towards ur team. if your team doesn't suck, that champ should die instant. now its 4v5. after you fling if they are hitting u, simply run back towards ur team, if they are not targeting u, run after caster/squishies in the back of their team and auto attack (u do some deadly damage with poison/ulti cuz ur ultimate). constantly move around to spread ur poison. as soon as you know you are winning singed is great at finishing/chsing. don't let them run away. kill them all or least 4 out of 5. if you do this right and win one battle just tank the tower with ur team and go straight to naxus.

Klazzix

12-25-2009

Or you can go more mana + AP afterwards (Zhonya, Void Staff, Lich Bane) Anything that adds mana will give Singed a bit of HP so it's not that bad.

You can also stick with the one you posted (Warmogs, FoN) if you feel like you need some health regen. But overall I like the mana + AP build since people usually don't notice the poison is on them already, just stay close or pass by a champion it's a sure 500+ damage over 5 seconds.

Atypical

12-25-2009

I find that a Rod of Ages is all I need, AP-wise. Other than that, I pick up Regrowth Pendant first every time, and either turn it into a Philosopher's Stone early or buy boots 3 and save up for warmog's right off the bat. After Warmog's, I build my RoA, and start saving up for a Force of Nature or Sunfire cape, depending on the enemy team.

It's not your job to do damage, it's your job to run in, toss down some poison, toss down some good, and toss one of them to your teammates, all while being nigh-unkillable. The extra AP from rod of ages is great for farming creep waves in between clashes with the enemy (ensuring you just need to poison them once and move on), and with that and Sunfire cape, you can run circles around the enemy, doing 100+ poison damage and 40ish sunfire damage per second to all of them.

Cleanse and Ghost are great with him, making sure that even when they finally do focus you, you can get away easily. Plus, Ghost + mastery + Insanity potion + boots 3 means you can chase down anything that moves.

Deathermetal

12-25-2009

I'm not seeing any mejas soul stealers in here! Singe is an amazing assist hero and can even grab a few kills himself. My typical item build is

regrowth pendant to philosophers stone
If I'm getting a lot of kills and assists ill grab mejas early but typically I get boots of swiftness first
Once again mejas if I bought boots or boots if I bought mejas
2 sunfire cloaks
Bainshees veil if they have a caster, some AP item...shouldn't really matter at this point

I've had great success with this build, it allows you to be a damage threat and not die because you're a tank. With stacks on mejas your fling and poison hit fairly hard. Add in the sunfire cloaks and the fact that you're a tank and you can cause some serious damage.

BlackRabbits

12-25-2009

Definitely agree with Atypical on the AP front...with Singed it should be fairly low priority. I like to play him as an initiator, pusher and chaser, and as such favor MS and MR. Singed with high MS scares the **** out of squishies on the other team.

Sapphire + 2x health pots
Catalyst + Boots (first trip back)
Boots3
RoA
Force of Nature (this item is AMAZING on Singed!)
Banshees Veil
Warmogs / Guardian Angel / Something to taste

This build isn't going to be a killing machine on its own, but will allow you to toss high priority targets out to your team, and get out alive. If you use the cleanse / ghost combo you can very safely push lanes solo as well.

JaniceGetsIt

12-25-2009

Sweet, thanks guys. I'll try some of these out, see what works for me.

Any more opinions would be appreciated.

DT777

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2009

Early game:
Regrowth
Boots of Swiftness
Catalyst

Depending on how well I'm doing, I may put off turning the catalyst into a roa. Unless I'm really hurting for mana, I typically turn the regrowth into a FoN.

After that, what I build next really depends on their team comp.

Lots of magic damage, but little physical dps? I go Banshee's Veil, then Flame Cloak, then Archangels last, if the game last that long/if I'm farming like mad. Sometimes, I might go Guardian Angel instead. Really depends on how much damage they're capable of hitting me with at that point.

Physical dps, I go thornmail then flame cloak. Thornmail was the only armor item to get buffed instead of nerfed. Grabbing it gives you a huge chunk of armor. After that last flame cloak, I'll either get warden's or just stack another flame cloak. Typically, the flame cloak.

Patyrn

12-26-2009

Since I include a RoA and a Frozen Heart in almost every singed build, an archangels is an awesome choice for more HP and a huge AP boost.

bobthegood

12-26-2009

While there is a lot of debate between building singed as a tank and focusing more on AP, lets look at one item: mejai's soulstealer. My number one friend's number one hero is singed. We play 2-3 games together every other day. His tank build is phenomenal and he commonly contributes much to the team going about 5-5-25. If you are going tank build, your survivability is very high meaning you'll have less deaths and more staying power in team fights to get assists. Soulstealer is very cheap and if you don't die it'll start filling up due to assists.

Typically my friend gets one RoA, soulstealer, then crazy tank items. His arguement is that there is a significant difference between 80 ap and 200 ap and the opportunity cost is very low.