Countering Shaco with Yi?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zoau

03-05-2010

im not deep into both of them but i was playing a game where our shaco went like 20 kills before yi started killing him and eventually turned the game to enemies favor. what he did was jungle like hell and stack dodge, then come out with lzard buff and kill shaco 1 on 1. i didnt exactly follow the timing if shaco had his ult up(btw dps knifey dude) so i cant say if it was itemization or wits that won for yi but both seemed to be a factor.

Sesame chicken

03-05-2010

<<< ap shaco.... until end game you will not beat a good shaco, unless your severely fed and he isn't. but once you are both 18 and the games starts going into 40+ minute range is when you have the chance if you can survive his initial burst. Plus do not go after his clone... many tricks to figure it out. But 1v1 yi won't beat shaco... once your in a group or team, or end game yi will pwn shaco

DarkenDragon

03-05-2010

I havnt read all the posts, just those on the first page but a good way to counter him is with wit's cuz without mana shaco is just nothing, he cant escape, he cant deal his high damage though he will stil beable to hit pretty hard, but he wont burst damage you

also getting that new item with the active ability, forgot what its called, the one that once activated you cant miss, since shaco's two shiv posion causes you have a 30% attack miss, this can help a ton especially if your attack speed is aboved 1.5 and the 100 damage per every 3 attacks (which should be every 2 seconds) will help as well.

as for skill, dont bother using alpha strike until you see him pull out his clone or you notice the jack in the box getting dropped, if your reaction time is good enough you can probably cause the jack in the box to go off but you'll be alpha striking causing it to be wasted, or use it when the clone comes out to do massive damage to it so shaco cant benifit from it's added attack damage. and probably not a good idea to fight him in the jungle, have some creep cover

Serif

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Network Ops Technician

03-05-2010

Tiamat

xahhfink6

03-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natooka View Post
You can't kill Shaco in a 1v1 unless you gank him. Wait til after he uses his ult, and after he has just come out of stealth (preferably to hit another person).
Time bomb one clone, rewind, time bomb other clone, kite him till he dies.

/shaco

Voidgolem

03-05-2010

Countering Shaco:

Be a tank, wear Thornmail.

seeing a Shaco gib himself is lulzy.

Brozan

03-05-2010

Toe to toe yi will win, even without highlander/wuju. Good luck getting (a good) shaco to stick around for that. He's just going to harass you hard.

The best way I handle shaco when playing yi is to run up to him, if he doesn't deceive get a reg hit or two in, let him think your going to pop cds but don't. When he deceives try to guess which way he'll go, and then get him while escape is on CD. Use alpha strike when you find him again to close, then pop ult+e

Make sure you ping him so you know which is the clone when he splits.

Oh, and if your laning against shaco the best thing to do is shut him down early before he has all his tricks. Most shaco's either go JitB first or Deceive. I tend to go to their golem to scout for a golem starting shaco, if he's not there he usually picks deceive first.