Countering Shaco with Yi?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xeatoa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
shaco's broken. yi can't handle him.

comparison.
shaco's advantages:
1. insta invis/blink
2. once yi's ult wears off, shaco can chase down yi, yi can't chase down shaco.
3. shaco has cc, yi does not
4. shaco + ult lasts longer than yi + ult.
5. shaco has slow, yi does not.
6. shaco has a decent nuke, yi's nuke doesn't do much damage on heroes.

Yi can buy and oracles, run up to shaco and hit R to stop his slow, chase him down even with his blink and RIGHT CLICK WIN

Point 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 now do not apply, 1v1 6 is irrelevant as yi has more DPS and unless it's a fed shaco he cant burst kill fast enough.

TheTruhan

12-25-2009

Mmmmm, shaco shouldn't be able to outdps Yi unless he's fed. Never really had trouble against shaco when I'm Yi. Here's some tips that I think might help:
1. Don't run away, just press R and E and chop away
2. The chance to miss created from Two-Shiv Poison is annoying, more attack speed would mean you would miss a lot more. It's better off getting attack damage items in this case, what's the use if you have high attack speed but you have okay damage and you miss a lot of the times?
3. Getting lifesteal would help you survive more
4. Get a lizard buff or anny slowing items, the instant shaco realizes he cant out-dps you, he would probably run away. In that instance of him trying to run away, you want to land as many hits as possible, a slow would help.
5. If memory serves me right, every time Shaco uses his ult, his real self should be on his right side on your screen.

This applies for dps Shaco at least, dont know much about AP shaco because I haven't faced one

This is an example of tip number 5

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeatoa View Post
Yi can buy and oracles, run up to shaco and hit R to stop his slow, chase him down even with his blink and RIGHT CLICK WIN

Point 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 now do not apply, 1v1 6 is irrelevant as yi has more DPS and unless it's a fed shaco he cant burst kill fast enough.
shaco blinks out, yi gets hit by fear, yi dies. yi loses 400 gold for buying oracles. lose.

yi doesn't really have more dps than shaco. shaco's hallucination adds more damage than yi's ult. there's diminishing returns for attack speed.

1 01

12-25-2009

1. Fight until you're about half health. He should be full still.

2. Run. This will lure him into wasting his stealth, and/or casting hallucinate.

3. Kill him, now that he has no escape mechanism.

4. If he casts hallucinate, run. Most Shaco players don't control their illusion, they just right click. This means that the real shaco will be ahead of the fake. If he stealths, the fakes doesn't. Using all this, yo can easily kill him.

BORF

12-25-2009

If Yi and Shaco are fed the same then there is no way Shaco can kill a Yi, even if iy's ult is on cd. Yi totally outdamges shaco and has lifesteal usually, so the best a shaco could do is use his ult to get away. Keep in mind this is assuming Yi is good, and knows how to build.

Disdasdefa

12-25-2009

How to beat Shaco with yi? Grab an Oracle's, tell him to sell all of his stuff, and make sure your lvl 18 with full battlegear while he's only lvl 1 and only learned deceive

Indecent

12-25-2009

Since no one has decided to post seriously. I guess I will.

Yi shiould never be outdpsed by a Shaco.. ever.
I've played as shaco vs a yi. In the beginning I was doing pretty good 5/0. When I met up with yi. So he's farming top alone and i decieve out, place a jitb, and attack him. He's hit for some 500 damage. He turns around and proceeds to autoattack me bring me down to half health and healing half the damage I had done to him. Oh ****... I decieve out and go jungling.

Tldr: If Shaco and you are at equal levels of itemization you should have no problem dealing with his damage. Don't get baited into jitb nests. Try not to run away unless it's an uneven fight because when you run away he deals more damage. He shouldn't catch you with your ult on.

WholeGrn

12-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
shaco's broken. yi can't handle him.

comparison.
shaco's advantages:
1. insta invis/blink
2. once yi's ult wears off, shaco can chase down yi, yi can't chase down shaco.
3. shaco has cc, yi does not
4. shaco + ult lasts longer than yi + ult.
5. shaco has slow, yi does not.
6. shaco has a decent nuke, yi's nuke doesn't do much damage on heroes.
These are two completely different heros, so you shouldn't compare. Yi can do lots of things better than Shaco can and vise versa.

Bait

12-25-2009

assuming neither character has their ults up:

shaco uses trap, +two-shiv causes 25% miss.
overall, shaco will win.

yi can't run from shaco without ult.

1. deceive, shaco is faster.
2. two-shiv, yi is slowed.

Bait

12-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by WholeGrn View Post
These are two completely different heros, so you shouldn't compare. Yi can do lots of things better than Shaco can and vise versa.
yi can run through slows (not stuns/fear/taunt) if he has highlander up. tha'ts it. there's pretty much no other significant advantage.