Udyr - Some thoughts after playing him today

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dreamcleaver

12-24-2009

I'm still undecided whether to unlock Udyr after his free week or not because I have a feeling Riot will keep patching him for a while.

I really like his "stance dance" playstyle to maximize his passive but overall I think he needs some reworking to be done.

I really dislike that he doesn't have a real utlimate skill. Furthermore 4 stances is just an overkill and lots of skill points technically go to waste. In my experience he only really needs to use the Turtle (survival, mana regen)) and the Bear (stun, mobility) stances to be effective. This means that by level 10 I have the 2 skills I use 99% of the time maxed out.

In my opinion either Tiger or Phoenix stance should be s****ed and Udyr should be given a real ultimate.

My idea for the ultimate: A self buff that improves the effects of Monkey's Agility for the duration + halves the cooldown of the 3 remaining stances (the reactivation time included).

Your thoughts?

trailgaze

12-24-2009

Tiger stance is awesome use it

Sparkadia

12-24-2009

I stand on the opposite side of the fence personally. I think that his lack of an Ultimate makes him more unique as a champion and also to play. See, as I look at it, his skills are all great independently and focus on different areas of attack, defense and so on to create the way he play - the stance-danceing TigerTurtleBearBirdMan. I think including an ultimate would ruin his playstyle. If for example, you made it a physical Ultimate then Pheonix gets shafted because it's the "magic" stance. Personally I like how he rolls right now - but I can see how an ultimate would make hitting those levels (6,11,16) much more epic, if you will.

Dreamcleaver

12-24-2009

Well to be honest I see no real point of Phoenix. With the massive atk speed he has + life steal/shield he can farm really well without it. Tiger has his uses. I mainly use it for turrets and to finish off low hp champs. I think with an ultimate he could be shifted even more to assassin/carry and with still 3 stances remaining (Tiger/Turtle/Bear) his "stance dance" playstyle would still remain intact. It feels weird to me that one of his skills cant be maxed out.

Stormsoul

12-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamcleaver View Post
Well to be honest I see no real point of Phoenix. With the massive atk speed he has + life steal/shield he can farm really well without it. Tiger has his uses. I mainly use it for turrets and to finish off low hp champs. I think with an ultimate he could be shifted even more to assassin/carry and with still 3 stances remaining (Tiger/Turtle/Bear) his "stance dance" playstyle would still remain intact. It feels weird to me that one of his skills cant be maxed out.
Why is everyone under the assumption that phoenix is strictly a farming ability..? As it is, if you go an attack speed route (Triforce , zerker greaves , sword of the divine and youre good to go, anything else is just icing) phoenix does much, MUCH more damage than tiger does over time. Phoenix is amazing at assassinating /chasing + just killing in general. With the buff it'll be even better. Udyr is fine as he is with 4 normal abilites imo. You either go attack speed with phoenix or DMG with tiger, as it was intended i assume. You're not supposed to use both DPS stances with one build.

Krald

12-25-2009

Udyr needs nothing in my opinion, but thats just me. Every time I choose him my enemies are laughing at me, and at the end of the match they are crying at me about Udyr being broken. Stormsoul is very right, you need to go attack speed and Phoenix stance is an awesome killing ability. I've tested Tiger builds, and so far they have not worked too well. I actually go Berserk+Stinger+Madreds Bloodrazor, and its just insanely awesome.

Disdasdefa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2009

Udyr is kind of OP right now, but his Pheonix is incredible. 200 dmg + .25x AP every 4th attack? Kinda like Jax

Atlus10

12-26-2009

When I play Udyr I always run atk dmg and life steal with a lil move speed and atk speed. I always use bear and tiger forms maxed out with one in turtle just in case. Udyr, if played right, is an amazing toon at assists and destroying towers. I always rape with him, even if my team loses. I can often control a lane and laugh when I see other champs fear pushing when they see me in the lane. Udyr is a hard toon to play and isnt for everyone. I find him to be a perfect toon for me XD He is a very flexible toon to play with, its why I like him.... :P

Lord Thanatos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2009

So far, although it may sound corny, Udyr is my favorite champion.

That doesn't mean that I think he is the toughest or easiest to play, just that his playing style is unique and I love it.

I don't think he is overpowered at all, in fact he is rather weak up to level 12 or so. I don't mean he is a weakling, just a little little weaker other champions. Still, if played well, he can be very very hard to kill.

As for his skills, Phoenix Stance is USELESS. I only put at it at level 16 and above and use it very very rarely,o nly when fighting many creeps. Still, even then Turtle Stance can be a nice alternative as it gives life-steal.

Bear Stance is by far the best, if you ask me, and Tiger Stance is the most useful at late game.

Udyr is very hard to master at first, and, in the hands of an unexperienced player, he is the worst champion possible.

What he needs is a major change or improvement of Phoenix Stance and something to make him just a tad better at early game. He doesn't need any nerfs.

MazoMackz

Recruiter

12-26-2009

His tiger stance is weak the split damage is just the way to nerf his Damage out put

+ you can't proc extra on hit triggers such as Madred/black cleaver etc.

all it did is just making u dealing the Same amount of damage with less interval but nerf all item that u supposed to benefit from